CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

looking at that schedule again

a5052613fb02a24086f3a5667067cb71.gif

if this doesnt signal the end of esl's tenure, then 343 really doesnt care about this scene

• Upvote (+1) 6

LOWER.

YOUR.

EXPECTATIONS.

Everyone can sit around and tweet about skins all day, but as long as Tashi and the rest of the 343 clown car are in charge, they will never do more work than the bare minimum.

My expectations out of 343 at this point is failure. How can I lower it further?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Bravo's bio says he's senior producer

God I need to get on with 343

I could be the executive producer 

Resume - Nice guy. One of the best. Meet me in person.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I totally understand things have not been perfect for the HCS and it can be a bummer, but holy shit dudes. Stop being such pricks. After talking to Quin, and seeing how much he loves these events, im sorry but a lot of these dudes obviously care. I think we all need to remember Halo 5's problems probably stem back to the xbox one's bullshit drm and other things behind the scenes we probably don't know, but for the love of God, this isn't the AGL days where the tournament scene is just dead and gone.

Some of you are being dicks for the hell of it. Stop before 343 STOPS and then we have nothing, and if you'd prefer nothing over these events, goodbye. I'll wait patiently because 343 is trying hard and will eventually nail it, and after Atlanta ( which had lots of problems no doubt ) i see the potential of our game. I can see 343 learning from their failure. You can't succeed without failure.

Just bothers me how some of you just want to be total fucking pricks which will have us out the door and on our own again. Just like i did to my ex for being a conplete bitch. It can happen to all of us here too. Let's not pretend any of you will put grass roots together either, because you never will so don't even open your fucking mouth

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 14

We're being bitter because we know this shit can be 100x better and we keep getting fed crap over and over again. We're passionate about the franchise and we want it to succeed. Nobody wants the HCS to die. 

The issue i have from reading both sites is that here we blame the "casual-ization" of the competitive side of Halo on 343 chasing trends from other games, and on r/halo i see them blame the "competitiveness" of the casual parts of the game on competitive players  themselves. 

Maybe (probably) im biased, but whenever i peek over there that is what i see.

They blame us/the pro players because 343 has set us (comp community), the pros and even their own in house pro team up as scape goats for their mistakes and mishandlings.

1. Some of you are being dicks for the hell of it.

2. Stop before 343 STOPS and then we have nothing.

1. wrong

2. MS won't let 343 stop. Ever. 

I totally understand things have not been perfect for the HCS and it can be a bummer, but holy shit dudes. Stop being such pricks. After talking to Quin, and seeing how much he loves these events, im sorry but a lot of these dudes obviously care. I think we all need to remember Halo 5's problems probably stem back to the xbox one's bullshit drm and other things behind the scenes we probably don't know, but for the love of God, this isn't the AGL days where the tournament scene is just dead and gone.

Some of you are being dicks for the hell of it. Stop before 343 STOPS and then we have nothing, and if you'd prefer nothing over these events, goodbye. I'll wait patiently because 343 is trying hard and will eventually nail it, and after Atlanta ( which had lots of problems no doubt ) i see the potential of our game. I can see 343 learning from their failure. You can't succeed without failure.

Just bothers me how some of you just want to be total fucking pricks which will have us out the door and on our own again. Just like i did to my ex for being a conplete bitch. It can happen to all of us here too. Let's not pretend any of you will put grass roots together either, because you never will so don't even open your fucking mouth

quinn can care all he wants hes still bad at his job

EDIT: i know its not entirely quinn, but lets be real shit could have been done a while ago and it isnt.  It took like a year and a half to get decent settings and you havent heard a complaint since.  If the game launched with these settings things would be different.  The same goes for ESL and MLG, if we have had MLG since the beginning things would be different

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You all suck snip

Plenty of athletes are super nice, try really hard, and still suck. Just because they are nice and trying really hard doesn't mean they are good at what they do or on the right track. Not meant to be directed at anyone in particular, just pointing this out.

Will they get it right? Possibly. But get out of here with the idea that 97% of the shit they get on here isn't deserved. It may not be presented in the most constructive way, but it is absolutely deserved.

I hope they get it right, I really do. They can start with dropping ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOWER.

YOUR.

EXPECTATIONS.

A few

Because prince charming would never settle for you...
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'll wait patiently because 343 is trying hard and will eventually nail it, and after Atlanta ( which had lots of problems no doubt ) i see the potential of our game. I can see 343 learning from their failure.

Let's not pretend any of you will put grass roots together either, because you never will so don't even open your fucking mouth

These 2 points really bother me. 343 will do better next time? We have heard that after every event where the exact same problems are present. Audio issues, match scheduling, lack of second stream (we should not be using periscope STILL), poor overall planning and communication. Every time. The last good event was a non hcs event. And some of it may stem from the drm, but the Coalition has been able to work around it with mlg behind them to produce a good league (different tech i know) if they were really going to nail it i would hope 2 years would suffice especially when there was a template that worked for over 10.

As to building a grassroot scene, how? Gather enough boxes, tvs, and bandwidth for 20 or so teams on our own? Its almost impossible to do that without paying out the ass. 343 has made it so they HAVE to be involed to run something decent. Or you need a larger organization like ugc to help sponsor that. Hell i donated to that prize pool what i could to support that, but we cant split screen 1 xbox for 4 people.

They can be as nice as they want and have lots of fun at events but after a 2 year trual period they have shown themselves as being bad at running this league. Just the honest truth. Does this latest schedule look like trying to you or just skating by? To me it looks like minimum effort and i dont think that should be allowed to plague this league anymore.

Stop blaming the community for the TOs failures

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 4

has anyone ever actually used "at least theyre nice" argument to defend 343 and/or esl

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont doubt that these people care... They just haven't been very good at there jobs...

Its not for lack of effort. Seems more like lab of experience, competence, guidance, etc

The fact that its taken nearly 2 years to get a format that is (mostly) fair doesnt fill me with confidence that they'll nail hcs for halo 5. And thats before you consider how poor production and logistics has been

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just laughed out loud at the Fall Schedule.

FeelsBadMan for Pro Teams.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone have the payouts for proleague. Just the online season not the playoff

Should be in the handbook on the left hand side of proleague.com/halo