CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so does that mean you're trying to be cool by mocking the mockers??

anigif_enhanced-19983-1494431875-1.gif?d

Using the basis that a gold-bar has replied to me, I now consider my opinion validated.

That will be all.

This is crazy, 15k viewers for a $1m tournament on a known IP?  I won't complain about the HWC from now on.  

Also I follow esports pretty closely and literally had not heard of this tournament (or even knew that Bethesda was releasing a new Quake game) until now

Halo has been dead for 6 years quake has been dead for 15

• Upvote (+1) 4

to be fair its not like they actually listen until the current game is dead and then we just repeat the cycle

Halo Reach it was sprint and bloom. Then no sprint no bloom comes out, but everyone hops to Halo 4.

Halo 4 it was sprint, loadouts, abilities, etc. Then legendary settings come out, but everyone hops to H2A.

H2A it was the fucked up mess of MCC and lack of maps. Then MCC becomes "decent" and the community forged a lot of good maps, but everyone hopped to Halo 5.

Halo 5 it was radar, automatics, aim, etc. Whats next? Everyone left playing will hop to the next Halo installment right when the previous Halo reaches its peak potential. The only constant in this cycle is the community will ALWAYS move to the next game, even if the next game is worse.

Smash got worse after the first game and the community said fuck that. But apparently not moving to a worse game is Smash exclusive and something Halo cant achieve, yadda yadda.

• Upvote (+1) 6

But apparently not moving to a worse game is Smash exclusive and something Halo cant achieve, yadda yadda.

smash 4 gets better tournament attendance than melee so...... good point?

Halo Reach it was sprint and bloom. Then no sprint no bloom comes out, but everyone hops to Halo 4.

Halo 4 it was sprint, loadouts, abilities, etc. Then legendary settings come out, but everyone hops to H2A.

H2A it was the fucked up mess of MCC and lack of maps. Then MCC becomes "decent" and the community forged a lot of good maps, but everyone hopped to Halo 5.

Halo 5 it was radar, automatics, aim, etc. Whats next? Everyone left playing will hop to the next Halo installment right when the previous Halo reaches its peak potential. The only constant in this cycle is the community will ALWAYS move to the next game, even if the next game is worse.

Smash got worse after the first game and the community said fuck that. But apparently not moving to a worse game is Smash exclusive and something Halo cant achieve, yadda yadda.

A) 343 can squash any league playing their IP. So yeah it would be awesome to see all the pros jump to h3 once it hits backwards compatiblity, but if they see pros defecting and it damages the hcs, they could C&D and shut it down.

B) most importantly, when you depend on the dev for prize pool, you play the game the dev tells you. That happens with every game. They always play on the latest game/patch because guess what? This tournaments are a big commercial for the game.

Spending my morning listening to old Halo soundtracks. So many great tracks.

• Upvote (+1) 7

since no one mentioned it yet there is HCS today

The EU Open Cup starts at 11AM EST/3PM GMT and concludes tomorrow, fyi there is no more eu pro league so tomorrow should be pretty decent competition wise

and the NA Placement Cup is at 12PM EST/4PM GMT and tomorrow, it's only for points and the first $3K "open cup" is in 2 weeks so yeah... idk why labor day is so important but there you go

tbh i'll probably be watching the other esports stuff going on today but i'm gonna leave some tabs open to support the AMs
  • Upvote (+1) 2

TB isn't obligated to spend their own free time and money organizing a tournament because YOU think it's a good idea

if it's such a great idea do it yourself and people will join

"omg i have to do it myself? but im lazy and it's easier to complain"

sprint is literally the least important issue h5 is facing right now

And 343 and esp aren't obliged to spend their time and money on the things you guys discuss either.

And yet here you guys are complaining instead of organising your own LANs.

Funny how that works.

Sprint is the #1 issue that has plagued halo since reach. Long kill times and sprint dont mesh. Halo is the only franchise to feature average kill times north of 1 second and Sprint. There's a reason for that. Its a horrendus mix and the games have played like shit since its inclusion. No matter how much you fix, if the game still features Sprint it will play like shit.

Even after everything about reach was altered including no bloom it still played like ass until Sprint was removed.

I shouldn't have to explain this and to almost every user here I don't. Everyone understand Sprint is shit. Everyone but you. Other people are just sick of discussing it. Which I can understand but do not support. You however are a special kind of clueless who actually thinks Sprint isn't an issue. Wake up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Stamford?? If so I didn't get to go to the ffa but im going to the doubles event lol.

The store at the Westfarms Mall.  I thought i was going to the doubles event but am not sure i will be able to now :(

appears im not even safe on the pubg reddit thread  :beyond::kappa:

c3d76f33b73ff75ab3ea628b30c4ff9c.png

I was saying that to Bravo, my man! I'd never call you out like that

appears im not even safe on the pubg reddit thread :beyond::kappa:

c3d76f33b73ff75ab3ea628b30c4ff9c.png

How was casting for Ninja in another game? For me that was funny to watch, and it was also my first time cheering for a caster more than any player, you did a great job as always.

And 343 and esp aren't obliged to spend their time and money on the things you guys discuss either.

And yet here you guys are complaining instead of organising your own LANs.

Funny how that works.

Sprint is the #1 issue that has plagued halo since reach. Long kill times and sprint dont mesh. Halo is the only franchise to feature average kill times north of 1 second and Sprint. There's a reason for that. Its a horrendus mix and the games have played like shit since its inclusion. No matter how much you fix, if the game still features Sprint it will play like shit.

Even after everything about reach was altered including no bloom it still played like ass until Sprint was removed.

I shouldn't have to explain this and to almost every user here I don't. Everyone understand Sprint is shit. Everyone but you. Other people are just sick of discussing it. Which I can understand but do not support. You however are a special kind of clueless who actually thinks Sprint isn't an issue. Wake up.

I would imagine most people have agreed with this for the last 5+ years, but you bring absolutely nothing new to the table with your posts.

People just don't like your post(s) because they are throwing weak cheap shots at us (and others) when you yourself hasn't / will not do what you want done. When later asked about it you play it off with some weak mocking jokes. We could run no sprint, no aa, no radar etc for the end of time, it doesn't matter at the end of the day. It comes down to those at 343i to make the decision for Halo games.

Don't fault us for providing tournaments that the masses are familiar with. We are trying to build and grow something special, it sucks that you see us proving 100+ tournaments over the last couple years as potentially negative.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was saying they sound like little kids with the ooooohs and the aaaaaahs. Not a reflection on their ability as casters at all. 

Yeah I understood, those were just side comments. 

I would imagine most people have agreed with this for the last 5+ years, but you bring absolutely nothing new to the table with your posts.

People just don't like your post(s) because they are throwing weak cheap shots at us (and others) when you yourself hasn't / will not do what you want done. When later asked about it you play it off with some weak mocking jokes. We could run no sprint, no aa, no radar etc for the end of time, it doesn't matter at the end of the day. It comes down to those at 343i to make the decision for Halo games.

Don't fault us for providing tournaments that the masses are familiar with. We are trying to build and grow something special, it sucks that you see us proving 100+ tournaments over the last couple years as potentially negative.

People complain about about 343/esl while they themselves are obviously never going to run their own LANs or create their own games. News flash, That's how critisism works. It's generally a consumer vs producer exchange.

You run public events but are seemingly completely unable to take any critisism. Which I suppose makes sense given how you've built an echo chamber and you ban anyone who critiques you. (Whilst simultaneously mocking 343/esp members for unfollowing/blocking people who critique them).

If you're going to try and grow something you better work on growing some thicker skin. Like youve said numerous times, my jans are weak. I simply dont like the settings you choose to use. Yet you get seemingly incredibly upset about it. You will never please everyone.

If anything you should feel proud that people are starting to see TB as being influential enough to make a difference. Youve positioned yourself as the voice of the competitive halo community. You should get used to people who like and dislike what you're saying with that voice.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 and esl should strive to use their resources to make a game and competitive scene the people want to invest time and money in. If you want to get shit changed show them that you won't spend your time or money on their game. If you are unwilling to do that, make and publish your own custom settings. If you dont like the way the hcs is done, try to organize a league or follow one that aligns closely with your views. Past that i guess you can make an account on every halo site and complain all day about tje issues you think is important. But dont be surprised if people dismiss your argument because not everyone has to agree with you. Is sprint an issue? Meh. I think thrust is much more forgiving to bad positioning. And the maps are way too large. NBNS used smaller forge maps. But hey ya know what? H5 mechanics have been confirmed for halo 6 sooooo...a TB tourney wont change a thing and a mechanic change now will result in a huge delay or another broken game.

Next topic please

• Upvote (+1) 1

People complain about about 343/esl while they themselves are obviously never going to run their own LANs or create their own games. News flash, That's how critisism works. It's generally a consumer vs producer exchange.

You run public events but are seemingly completely unable to take any critisism. Which I suppose makes sense given how you've built an echo chamber and you ban anyone who critiques you. (Whilst simultaneously mocking 343/esp members for unfollowing/blocking people who critique them).

If you're going to try and grow something you better work on growing some thicker skin. Like youve said numerous times, my jans are weak. I simply dont like the settings you choose to use. Yet you get seemingly incredibly upset about it. You will never please everyone.

If anything you should feel proud that people are starting to see TB as being influential enough to make a difference. Youve positioned yourself as the voice of the competitive halo community. You should get used to people who like and dislike what you're saying with that voice.

Can't take criticism? We've updated our tournaments and forums whenever people have issues. Obviously we won't do everything since it really comes down to what it is.

You can type all you want, but at the end of the day you are just someone who wants things done but won't get your hands dirty. You continue to talk a big game, just wish you use the time you waste making excuses over and over again to actually get these ideas done. You have tools around now, hell we even would help promote it but you don't want to.

It's a shame really, now I'm sure you'll comeback with some lackluster excuse as usual since that's what you put your energy into.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You can type all you want, but at the end of the day you are just someone who wants things done but won't get your hands dirty. You continue to talk a big game, just wish you use the time you waste making excuses over and over again to actually get these ideas done.

I wish more people would understand this and stop making excuses as to why they can't help. It doesn't matter how small your contribution is we will always benefit from someone making a positive change to our community.