CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Restarts are totally understandable, but in a game that has extreme RNG, I find it hard to find a place to properly "restart" that. This is something that should have been thought of in advance.

I know nothing about PUBG except that RNG is involved. 

Pretty sad when people scoff at this PUBG tournament when pro league got less than 6,000 views. Screw the poker comparison, what about Hearthstone? Just a bunch of ignorant baseless remarks guys.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People like to blame everything on the TOs, except if the TO's name is MLG.

I always love these kind of posts because it shows how out of touch some posters can be.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

He explains it in this video.

ESL is fucking up another videogame tournament that isnt Halo ? Surprising.

:kappa:

I'm just tired of hearing pro players complain and whine. Doesn't matter the game, doesn't matter the TO, there will always be issues. Why don't people put their heads down and play through the adversity. Pretty soon these Esports guys will be making money like NFL players do and whining like them too. Haha. I hate this as a fan of any sport.

I guess it just comes with the entertainment industry because you don't see this crap in the real work force. Done ranting. I'm starting to sound like them :/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Ninja didn't even mention the fact that ESL failed to provide adequate noise canceling headphones in the middle of crazy loud event

And he didn't even mention the on stream production issues

Idk how anyone can defend ESL, they flat out suck

I'm just tired of hearing pro players complain and whine. Doesn't matter the game, doesn't matter the TO, there will always be issues. Why don't people put their heads down and play through the adversity. Pretty soon these Esports guys will be making money like NFL players do and whining like them too. Haha. I hate this as a fan of any sport.

I guess it just comes with the entertainment industry because you don't see this crap in the real work force. Done ranting. I'm starting to sound like them :/

"why don't people just accept a pile of shit and be happy?"

good thoughts man

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja didn't even mention the fact that ESL failed to provide adequate noise canceling headphones in the middle of crazy loud event

And he didn't even mention the on stream production issues

Idk how anyone can defend ESL, they flat out suck

"why don't people just accept a pile of shit and be happy?"

good thoughts man

It's just funny. All these 1st world "problems".

Also if they don't like it, go to a different tourney. Try and do one themselves if they know better. Play a different game. I don't know...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I'm pretty sure I heard the announcers say players were given the option of regular HyperX headsets or the noise cancelling setup. I saw plenty of people with the noise cancelling ones.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also if they don't like it, go to a different tourney. Try and do one themselves if they know better. Play a different game. I don't know...

Solid logic 10/10 post please upvote the genius of our generation. This guy is a modern day Einstein.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm pretty sure I heard the announcers say players were given the option of regular HyperX headsets or the noise cancelling setup. I saw plenty of people with the noise cancelling ones.

correct but they didn't work

pro tip: people complain when things don't meet their expectations 

telling the players to stop complaining doesn't solve anything or benefit anyone

sorry you can't handle seeing video game players complain, talk about 1st world problems  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Having a tournament on a game that isn't even in beta is silly.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

according to who? I don't doubt you, I just haven't seen that mentioned.

He explains it in this video.

Obviously the consistency is the problem, they should have restarted all games where someone crashed while starting or landing and then after that you're on your own. Sucks for Ninja with the loot and such but realistically you can't fuck someone over before they've even got in the game. For tournaments PUGB should really implement global text from players for emergencies only so that everyone can be informed as quickly possible, spending 5 mins floating down in the air given the option his teammate could have warned people and saved a lot of rage.

Live and learn.

@@Shekkles I think Devs think they can get ahead of the curve by just running tournaments early. Take Quake Champs where you have $1m tournament going down, absolutely sick match between two storied players about to happen and barely anyone watching.

pro tip: people complain when things don't meet their expectations 

telling the players to stop complaining doesn't solve anything or benefit anyone

sorry you can't handle seeing video game players complain, talk about 1st world problems  :kappa:

When I have problems in my job or hobbies I don't fix the issues by whining to my audience or co workers. I would setup a meeting or do a 1 on 1 with my employer or the event management. There is a more professional way to get things fixed, and not trash the game or events you go to. Especially when's potential fans ($$) see these videos. This should be behind the scenes stuff.

according to who? I don't doubt you, I just haven't seen that mentioned.

ninja on stream and then around on twitter

@@Shekkles I think Devs think they can get ahead of the curve by just running tournaments early. Take Quake Champs where you have $1m tournament going down, absolutely sick match between two storied players about to happen and barely anyone watching.

^ outside of some minor audio/video issues this event has been pretty good

When I have problems in my job or hobbies I don't fix the issues by whining to my audience or co workers. I would setup a meeting or do a 1 on 1 with my employer or the event management. There is a more professional way to get things fixed, and not trash the game or events you go to. Especially when's potential fans ($$) see these videos. This should be behind the scenes stuff.

ninja is worried about his fans and his brand, he doesn't get paid per PUBG copy sold

how could this possibly be behind the scenes stuff? 150k people were watching it unfold live 

• Upvote (+1) 2

where do you work? I've never had a job where people didn't complain about something
  • Upvote (+1) 3

-Considering the game is not even beta yet, and we're talking about 100 pc's linked up - I'd chalk this up as a victory for ESL considering at Halo events they cannot get 8 xbox's working on the main stage. 

-For those complaining about the Clouds not being noise canceling - Hyperx is a sponsor and had to get their shit in there.

-As far as Ninja whining about consistency, I feel him and whatever but you're always going to have problems - go watch Sports Center and see inconsistency with rulings in the NBA, MLB and NFL, so yes, obviously a handful of ESL staffers making $100 for the event are going to respond differently to problems on the fly when they're just happy about keeping their ESL shirt as swag. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

where do you work? I've never had a job where people didn't complain about something

Work? He sounds like he's still in school.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See later post about how to handle complaints.

i would be pretty pissed if i were ninja too. the lack of consistency sucks. it looks like there was confusion from the beginning though