CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Btw, still waiting on someone to tell me what food trucks were there at 2017 Worlds.

Surely this must've been communicated before anything was/is finalized?

i would hope so, it would also explain why a lot of orgs weren't interested

20 million dollar buy in and you cant even use your ORG name, wat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there is no way this wasnt known at the time of buy in, and it isn't stopping NV from getting in on dallas

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20267274/blizzard-add-team-envyus-austin-dallas-overwatch-league-rep

the new name anchors the team to the city vs the org. the dallas clickers in NV stadium or c9's london tbag-ers. the org branding will be known and it will "level the field" a bit when it comes to some of the new owners setting up their franchises. in the same vein it keeps robert kraft from making the team an extension of the patriots or a mets team name. the orgs will show up as sponsors i'm sure and the branding will be known, but now we get to define new teams in a new league with fresh names. i doubt it will be a huge stumbling block

if any overwatch competition is collapsing, it's apex since 2 of the top south korean teams have be bought for OWL teams

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20437042/lw-blue-roster-set-take-nyc-overwatch-league-slot-sources-say

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those that are interested, Ninja just got incredibly screwed over in the PUBG tournament (1st person duos portion).

For those that are interested, Ninja just got incredibly screwed over in the PUBG tournament (1st person duos portion).

Go on. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm interested to know how he was screwed over but not interested enough to pursue the information on my own.

They were about 2-3 minutes into the final game that then got restarted for some sort of minor issue.

Ninja and his teammate had strong loot and were in a good position to win the tournament based on their placings in the previous two games.

Restarts in PUBG completely change everything and they ended up being eliminated pretty early knocking them into 5th place overall.

Of course they could have been eliminated early in the game that was restarted but there's no way to know and it felt like a stupid restart.

EDIT: To add to this a restart means a different plane route, different loot spawns etc. You could have a perfect setup for making it far in a game and on the restart find yourself with nothing.

Again the games pretty random so there's the chance they die early for a different reason but I think the players are allowed be incredibly frustrated in that situation. I would be.

• Upvote (+1) 7

They were about 2-3 minutes into the final game that then got restarted for some sort of minor issue.

Ninja and his teammate had strong loot and were in a good position to win the tournament based on their placings in the previous two games.

Restarts in PUBG completely change everything and they ended up being eliminated pretty early knocking them into 5th place overall.

Of course they could have been eliminated early in the game that was restarted but there's no way to know and it felt like a stupid restart.

EDIT: To add to this a restart means a different plane route, different loot spawns etc. You could have a perfect setup for making it far in a game and on the restart find yourself with nothing.

Again the games pretty random so there's the chance they die early for a different reason but I think the players are allowed be incredibly frustrated in that situation. I would be.

Competitive PUBG LUL
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

its good to know that esl will always do esl things i guess

Random plane routes, random loot spawns. "Competitive".

Sure.

Ninja consistently wins most of the time, so there is certainly a competitive angle. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja consistently wins most of the time, so there is certainly a competitive angle. 

Exactly. Who cares if it's RNG. So is poker, that's considered competitive. If people enjoy watching it, why can't it be considered an esport? Everyone always gets caught up in worrying about how random something is but ignores the fact that if it's fun to watch (for that scene), then why shouldn't it have it's own "competitive" structured league/tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Exactly. Who cares if it's RNG. So is poker, that's considered competitive. If people enjoy watching it, why can't it be considered an esport? Everyone always gets caught up in worrying about how random something is but ignores the fact that if it's fun to watch (for that scene), then why shouldn't it have it's own "competitive" structured league/tournament?

Yep, if people enjoy it and has a fan base let them be.

Right now you see PUBG and CoD in the Top 3 on Twitch on a Friday afternoon.

Yep, if people enjoy it and has a fan base let them be.

Right now you see PUBG and CoD in the Top 3 on Twitch on a Friday afternoon.

Yeah, it's just a different way of looking at it. It's easy to be stuck in the FPS frame of my mind we have with Halo, where everything should be completely fair and even for the competitors, but not all gametypes are created equal and have their own ways of doing things. Just gotta stop comparing apples to chainsaws and realize they're different and need to be tweaked to fit their own molds.

Instinct won Bloom Reach, doesn't make Bloom a good competitive mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ninja says ESL is running Halo Pro League badly, Esl screws Ninja on PUBG. 

*Calls Alex Jones via tin cup and string*

"Yes hello? We have a Conspiracy. No, No, Alex this isn't like the World is actually round BS this one is for real."

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

let me get this straight, ESL restarted a single game of PUBG and are therefore complete failures at running PUBG tournaments?

let me get this straight, ESL restarted a single game of PUBG and are therefore complete failures at running PUBG tournaments?

I don't understand the hate either. It's an early access game that still has glitches in it. How you blame ESL for that instead of Bluehole is beyond me, unless you have more information than I've heard about and it's proven to be an ESL issue and not Bluehole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the hate either. It's an early access game that still has glitches in it. How you blame ESL for that instead of Bluehole is beyond me, unless you have more information than I've heard about and it's proven to be an ESL issue and not Bluehole.

People like to blame everything on the TOs, except if the TO's name is MLG.

They have 1st / 3rd person locks for different events? That's interesting.