CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Im getting a crown 3D printed and i can get one team skin. What do yall think i should get?

AkfLp1w.jpg

If you get ALG I can personally guarantee a retweet from the ALG twitter  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

You better deliver bro. Otherwise...  :simms:

IpIrjxL.jpg

bring it on anyways, i'd love to consider your feedback!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like /r/halo gets shit on a lot around here but I don't get it. TB doesn't particularly like Warzone and is focused on HCS. /r/halo doesn't particularly like HCS and is focused more on Warzone/casual play. Is that so bad? It shouldn't be. Both scenes help grow Halo as a whole and we shouldn't be shitting on the people who also like Halo imo.

It's just cliques and stuff, it happens - I agree though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like /r/halo gets shit on a lot around here but I don't get it. TB doesn't particularly like Warzone and is focused on HCS. /r/halo doesn't particularly like HCS and is focused more on Warzone/casual play. Is that so bad? It shouldn't be. Both scenes help grow Halo as a whole and we shouldn't be shitting on the people who also like Halo imo.

The issue i have from reading both sites is that here we blame the "casual-ization" of the competitive side of Halo on 343 chasing trends from other games, and on r/halo i see them blame the "competitiveness" of the casual parts of the game on competitive players  themselves. 

Maybe (probably) im biased, but whenever i peek over there that is what i see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

NdQtqEU.png

oh it's real, very real indeed 

i'm still compiling info and etc but it's taking a while, for some reason it's really hard to find HCS information, pretty baffling 

"We appreciate your feedback."

tumblr_ncm55tkxaU1rkallao1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Left field idea but i would like to see Menke take all the team and pro player stats from scrim and league games only, aggregate them them see how accurately his ranking system could have predicted the outcome of Atlanta.

There was a guy in here who did Elo ratings for the previous pro league seasons. It was really cool stuff, but I don't think I've seen him post anything like that this time.

@@Clap What would the backlash be if the stats for a CoD event weren't recorded?

who cares? COD sucks. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If anyone's interested in Menke's thoughts on that suggestion a page or so back:

Sounds expensive

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sounds expensive

I know that's a meme at this point (and also note that I find it hilarious), but this totally doesn't even remotely fall under his job description. The only way I would have seen him doing it is if he was super interested in either pro league or testing his algorithm, or anything like that. Even then, it would very likely be off company time and would just be a side project for him just for enjoyment. I didn't expect he'd want to pursue it, but just thought it was worth the small chance.

That said, I really wish he did :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

NdQtqEU.png

i'm still compiling info and etc but it's taking a while, for some reason it's really hard to find HCS information, pretty baffling 

HCS Now will be live tonight. I also have a small rant in-store. Its not to harsh but its fair. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is probably going to be a really good piece of writing about whats wrong with halo and how to fix it, but it will go in one ear and out the other. Actually at this point I don't even know if what everyone says goes into their ears.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I found out about Beyond because of /r/halo. I don't visit /r/halo like I was used to, but for a long time that was the place I was going when I needed some new information, and that place has a lot of people with a lot of different opinions. Sometimes people here take one comment from there, or something that happened there and make so everyone there thinks the same, and that's not the case.

If 343 can't make a game that leaves every part of the fanbase happy, that's 343 fault, not the fanbase for wanting different things. With a good game and a good population you can make playlists for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Other gems from Saturday include watching the GOAT coach against T2, watching @Contra’s disgusting aim, seeing @RyanNoob turn his assassinations on when he picked up camo at the end of the EG series (then cracking up about it with him afterwards), 

Just in case anyone didn't read the full post, at least read this part above. This is probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

/r/halo is kind of dead now, at least in comparison to where it was last year. usually there's one post there that has hundreds of upvotes (usually a cool gif or something harkening back to H3 that the /r/all folks upvote), then the rest is just random posts that rarely crack 100 upvotes. And rarely are there popular discussion threads or anything beyond cool clips

• Upvote (+1) 2

/r/halo is kind of dead now, at least in comparison to where it was last year. usually there's one post there that has hundreds of upvotes (usually a cool gif or something harkening back to H3 that the /r/all folks upvote), then the rest is just random posts that rarely crack 100 upvotes. And rarely are there popular discussion threads or anything beyond cool clips

i noticed this too, i'm not sure it was even worth getting unbanned

it's literally a ghost town, h5 must be hurting

• Upvote (+1) 4