CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why is LG the only one that hasn't been tweeted out? I assume it's because they didn't submit their roster by roster lock. But in that case, I do think they should be penalised for it. I mean, what is the point in having these deadlines for rosters and such, if they actually mean nothing and aren't enforced.

Why is LG the only one that hasn't been tweeted out? I assume it's because they didn't submit their roster by roster lock. But in that case, I do think they should be penalised for it. I mean, what is the point in having these deadlines for rosters and such, if they actually mean nothing and aren't enforced.

Or they did submit their roster but asked ESL to not tweet it out cause they're working on contracts and want to announce it before ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know this might not be the best place to bring this up, but I feel like I just need to say something. My mom is in critical condition, and I'm asking for prayers. I feel scared and helpless. Please keep her in your prayers.

Two years ago doctors gave my mom 50/50 chance of living. Today she is back to her Jewish mother ways. 

Don't lose hope; I've been there. 

@@Craneteam I'm so glad to not be the only one who thought of that YuGiOh reference. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Or they did submit their roster but asked ESL to not tweet it out cause they're working on contracts and want to announce it before ESL.

Either way, should still be tweeted out. Contractual issues should've been dealt with prior to roster lock. It's not ESL's place to have to deal with that, it's down to the players/teams involved.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Either way, should still be tweeted out. Contractual issues should've been dealt with prior to roster lock. It's not ESL's place to have to deal with that, it's down to the players/teams involved.

If its as Chad suspects, its a courtesy thing.  Yeah they probably should have had their shit together, but with all the issues the scene has at the moment letting an org be sure everything is above-board is fine.  Assuming that is what is going on...

But odds are...

they just forgot

• Upvote (+1) 7

I do not see why they should have to tweet out a teams roster either if they're still finalizing the roster or if they're wanting to release the info themselves.

If its as Chad suspects, its a courtesy thing.  Yeah they probably should have had their shit together, but with all the issues the scene has at the moment letting an org be sure everything is above-board is fine.  Assuming that is what is going on...

But odds are...

they just forgot

I don't know about that. I mean, Halo is already seen as one of the shadiest esports scenes when it comes to contracts and roster moves. ESL, whether they're just trying to be courteous or not are just further perpetuating the stereotype. The roster lock served 2 purposes. First to get the final team lineup. The second, was so that ESL could introduce the teams that will be playing tomorrow (when pro league starts). Viewers now know all of their favourite team's rosters - except LG, despite the fact that it starts tomorrow.

I do not see why they should have to tweet out a teams roster either if they're still finalizing the roster or if they're wanting to release the info themselves.

Because the entire point of the roster lock was to have the roster finalised by the deadline. No team should be above that, otherwise what is the point in having it in the first place.

Because the entire point of the roster lock was to have the roster finalised by the deadline. No team should be above that, otherwise what is the point in having it in the first place.

They will just be forced to play with a AM stand in if they haven't got their roster finalized, maybe some additional punishment but really they're already at a disadvantage not playing with their roster. Up until the first game there it is not imperative to give out roster info other than hype. What good is releasing the info if it doesn't serve that purpose (or could be served better with an official announcement). If ESL had announced Guardian and Olofmeister to Faze before they were officially announced they would have been called out for a brain dead move.

the teams that will be playing tomorrow (when pro league starts).

I seriously did not realise pro league starts tomorrow.

Also they didn't tweet out ex-OS's team. So I'm guessing both LG and ex-OS are both for announcements and it's just ESL being friendly. They are nice people after all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know about that. I mean, Halo is already seen as one of the shadiest esports scenes when it comes to contracts and roster moves. ESL, whether they're just trying to be courteous or not are just further perpetuating the stereotype. The roster lock served 2 purposes. First to get the final team lineup. The second, was so that ESL could introduce the teams that will be playing tomorrow (when pro league starts). Viewers now know all of their favourite team's rosters - except LG, despite the fact that it starts tomorrow.

Not tweeting out the teams =/= the team wasn't submitted in time. Thats all the roster lock is for, so that each team has the same exact length of time to decide on their roster.  Not to tell everybody about it.

Not that they shouldn't announce the rosters, they certainly should, but you are implying that rules were broken when they probably were not.

Not tweeting out the teams =/= the team wasn't submitted in time. Thats all the roster lock is for, so that each team has the same exact length of time to decide on their roster.  Not to tell everybody about it.

Not that they shouldn't announce the rosters, they certainly should, but you are implying that rules were broken when they probably were not.

I'm saying if they hadn't then yes rules were broke. However, even if they were, pro league starts tomorrow, and nobody knows wtf is happening with LG.

I seriously did not realise pro league starts tomorrow.

Also they didn't tweet out ex-OS's team. So I'm guessing both LG and ex-OS are both for announcements and it's just ESL being friendly. They are nice people after all.

Yeah man, even though it is pro league, I can't wait. We haven't had decent length HCS action in a long time. With OS, they've each said it's the same team, just a different organisation. Completely different scenario.

Only 6 rosters were tweeted out. OS wasnt announced because of the org announcement today. Im betting they just forgot. Or do you guys thing str8 may be making a move for that roster?

From ESL and LGs perspective, it's much better to not tweet out than worry about any legal ramifications of announcing early. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this might not be the best place to bring this up, but I feel like I just need to say something. My mom is in critical condition, and I'm asking for prayers. I feel scared and helpless. Please keep her in your prayers.

Absolutely, dude, I'll be praying, and I don't say that with any level of casualness. Glad you felt comfortable enough to trust us with this, we're a strange, odd, vicious little family, but family, nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Only 6 rosters were tweeted out. OS wasnt announced because of the org announcement today. Im betting they just forgot. Or do you guys thing str8 may be making a move for that roster?

As Ryanoob mentioned - he's 2/2 placing 2nd under the name. That'd be sick.

As Ryanoob mentioned - he's 2/2 under the name. That'd be sick.

I'd hate to lose either one of those orgs. i hope str8 is picking up the os squad

?! this guy invented pressing the start button, I'm inclined to believe him

https://twitter.com/CntrA/status/899891444915331072

Doesn't the disc not even spin most of the time, since the game is installed to the hard drive anyway? It only needs the disc for verification, right? Sure, anything is possible, but this has to be a reach.

Doesn't the disc not even spin most of the time, since the game is installed to the hard drive anyway? It only needs the disc for verification, right? Sure, anything is possible, but this has to be a reach.

That's how it SHOULD work but....

• Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, it is a computer, and sometimes on Windows platforms uninstalling and reinstalling things helps. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with games and apps. My H5 crashes a lot, been meaning to see if reinstalling would fix it. The games 100GB though FFS.