CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Guys. @@TheSimms has removed all the halo stuff from his bio and replaced it with PUBG stuff. Everyone panic, right fucking now

Mans at Gamescom with Pansy casting PUH-BE-GEH. Considering his pinned tweet is linking to a thread on this site I think it's fair to say he's a forum member first even if ESL got him flying all about the place in chains to do a job that he loves.

EDIT; As a working man of the United Kingdom and without the watchful time keeping of our Biggest Ben it is only good fortune that I have seen the latest Game of Thrones. Please delay all future spoils or at least bury them several spoiler tags deep. For example:

GoT

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't able to see the eclipse. I'm more interested in the idea. Like think about how big the universe is and how the moon is exactly the right distance away compared to the sun based on its size and the fact that the moons path crosses over the suns. It's really cool to think about how perfect things need to be to get a situation like this only for some people to go "meh"

• Upvote (+1) 1

the eclipse was more boring than this HCS off season

You have to understand it within the context of rarity. It is something that is very rare and maybe never be seen again by some. I think it's pretty cool, but I can see why a rock moving in front of a glowing orb may not be interesting for others.

You have to understand it within the context of rarity. It is something that is very rare and maybe never be seen again by some. I think it's pretty cool, but I can see why a rock moving in front of a glowing orb may not be interesting for others.

Isn't the next one in only seven years?

Yeah, ill be at gfinity, just spectating but should be awesome. Are you playing?

Yeah, I'll be there and competing, in both 4v4 and FFA. I really can't wait haha. I'll see you there man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seven years is a long time.

That it's going over the states yes. You can travel to where ever it's going to be. But my state won't see it again until 2048, and my city won't again until 2104.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did anyone watch GoT last night?

AgeOl15.png

So many plot holes and logical inconsistencies you'd think the episode was written by Brian reed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

can somebody explain $2s and $8s to me?  why do people play for money?  why not just, like, play games?  why bet money when you're picking your teammates out of a random group of 8 people?  

it would be like betting $20 on every pickup basketball game at the park near my house ... just, why?

edit: thanks for the answers, may not have been clear, but it was a serious question

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

can somebody explain $2s and $8s to me? why do people play for money? why not just, like, play games? why bet money when you're picking your teammates out of a random group of 8 people?

it would be like betting $20 on every pickup basketball game at the park near my house ... just, why?

Uh, People do do that

• Upvote (+1) 2

can somebody explain $2s and $8s to me? why do people play for money? why not just, like, play games? why bet money when you're picking your teammates out of a random group of 8 people?

20 is not 5 which usually what halo money 8s is or $10. And it's not a random group of people either
  • Upvote (+1) 6

20 is not 5 which usually what halo money 8s is or $10.

Wut

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

the eclipse was more boring than this HCS off season

This was the first time in 100 yrs that the eclipse whent from coast to coast in the us. Total solar eclipses usually happen closer to the equator so that the entire country was under the path was rare.

Its pretty amazing that the earth is far enough from the sun that the moon is able to completely cover it and expose parts of the sun we would never see otherwise

The eclipse is a product of an amazing univers. The hcs off season (and the format of this season tbh) is a product of laziness

• Upvote (+1) 1

is anyone in the path of the eclipse today? we're supposed to get 80-85% in northern va

I've been waiting for this for 10 years -- I drove 2 hours northeast to go see it in a Tennessee state park.

If you did not see the TOTAL solar eclipse today, do yourself a favor and start making plans for April 8th, 2024.

To be clear: THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PARTIAL ECLIPSE MOST PEOPLE SAW AND THE TOTAL ECLIPSE THAT WAS VISIBLE OVER A SPECIFIC BAND OF AMERICA.  YOU WANT TO SEE A TOTAL ECLIPSE, IT'S FUCKING AMAZING.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ex-OS's new coach is Swift Kill. HUGE pickup.

Swift Kill was the coach of Team Liquid in Summer Pro League 2016 until the very end of the season.

Everyone was all excited for the eclipse and I was just worried about my dog going blind.

I considered littering the floor with 1000 treats so he wouldn't look up...