CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, they're definitely a great team and I can't wait to see how they do at Gfinity either. But, they really need to work on their objective games. It's a team of 4 slayers, and the one map they did drop during the cup yesterday was a strongholds where they only had like 11 points, which is pretty bad considering the talent. If they can manage to get the chemistry and objective work nailed, they may even give top 6-8 NA teams a run for their money at Denver.

I know what you mean, they definitely have some work to do.  Hopefully Jimbo can get back to his objective style of play from the FabE days as i think he moved back to being a main slayer when on Invictus.  Mose has the potential to be a really good objective player i think, his decision making is usually really good (i know he got Ninja'd yesterday lol) so if he can focus it a little more to objective efficiency rather than just slaying they could do really well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Need some urgent assistance from the Beyond fam. Working in London today and there is a Chipotle 10 minutes walk away from the office I'm working in. 1 of only 6 Chipotle stores in the UK. Do I make the trip?

EU Chipotle LUL

you need to go there and support optic gaming!  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Need some urgent assistance from the Beyond fam. Working in London today and there is a Chipotle 10 minutes walk away from the office I'm working in. 1 of only 6 Chipotle stores in the UK. Do I make the trip?

EU Chipotle LUL

Angel? I didn't enjoy, but it seemed like a fine place to eat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know what you mean, they definitely have some work to do.  Hopefully Jimbo can get back to his objective style of play from the FabE days as i think he moved back to being a main slayer when on Invictus.  Mose has the potential to be a really good objective player i think, his decision making is usually really good (i know he got Ninja'd yesterday lol) so if he can focus it a little more to objective efficiency rather than just slaying they could do really well.

I think Jimbo would work well as the team's X-factor. Respectful and Kimbo focus on slays, MQSE focus on OBJ while Jimbo does what is needed (so assists in either slaying or OBJ). At this point, I think most EU players, myself included, have ninja'd MQSE haha, it's kind of like a right of passage. With Kimbo they'll finally have someone that can do some work with the sniper though, which they didn't really have on the past FABe team.

Honestly, the thing that seperates EU and NA the most isn't really gunskill (though that is a part of it). In EU, there are no setups. It's pretty much just a gunskill competition for the most part, which is why the last FABe team was so successful, as it was the 4 best players in EU on 1 team. However, with NA, they have the same/better gunskill which already nullifies the reason for FABe's success but they can also work as a team and utilise setups and strategies. The old Epsilon that placed well in 2016 however, I think was the complete opposite, less gunskill but had great team work which paid off for them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think Jimbo would work well as the team's X-factor. Respectful and Kimbo focus on slays, MQSE focus on OBJ while Jimbo does what is needed (so assists in either slaying or OBJ). At this point, I think most EU players, myself included, have ninja'd MQSE haha, it's kind of like a right of passage. With Kimbo they'll finally have someone that can do some work with the sniper though, which they didn't really have on the past FABe team.

Honestly, the thing that seperates EU and NA the most isn't really gunskill (though that is a part of it). In EU, there are no setups. It's pretty much just a gunskill competition for the most part, which is why the last FABe team was so successful, as it was the 4 best players in EU on 1 team. However, with NA, they have the same/better gunskill which already nullifies the reason for FABe's success but they can also work as a team and utilise setups and strategies. The old Epsilon that placed well in 2016 however, I think was the complete opposite, less gunskill but had great team work which paid off for them.

Completely agree about the sniper role.  The moment i saw the lineup i thought ' Finally, a sniper!' 

I agree, that kind Lethul-style role is a good fit for Jimbo although it took a while for him to adjust to it when he originally joined FabE.

As well as the setup aspect, i think one of the biggest gaps between EU - NA is the speed.  How quickly most NA teams can see an opening and exploit it is huge i think.  Seeing how some teams dismantled FabE, it always seemed to be the speed of collapses etc would constantly pick them apart. Gunskill-wise i think most of those players can compete with most NA players but the setups-speed of collapse etc is something they need to work on for sure.

I hope they get a chance to bootcamp before Denver.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Angel? I didn't enjoy, but it seemed like a fine place to eat.

Marylebone. Think I'm gonna go for it. Wish me luck.

Completely agree about the sniper role.  The moment i saw the lineup i thought ' Finally, a sniper!' 

I agree, that kind Lethul-style role is a good fit for Jimbo although it took a while for him to adjust to it when he originally joined FabE.

As well as the setup aspect, i think one of the biggest gaps between EU - NA is the speed.  How quickly most NA teams can see an opening and exploit it is huge i think.  Seeing how some teams dismantled FabE, it always seemed to be the speed of collapses etc would constantly pick them apart. Gunskill-wise i think most of those players can compete with most NA players but the setups-speed of collapse etc is something they need to work on for sure.

I hope they get a chance to bootcamp before Denver.

Aye. Well, they'll get some practice at Gfinity, but there isn't really a team that can compete with them atm, but anything that can happen at LAN. It'd be great if there was some kind of 'beyond the sticks' with them and a team like NV/OpTic, just imagine how drastically different things could become. Speaking of Gfinity, are you going? (I think I remember seeing you say that you were going but not entirely sure, haha).

• Upvote (+1) 1

And MOSE is really good at controlling power weapons  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why don't they use PC's for events. I know it's a lot cheaper to use the dev kits but why not use pc's for main stage to get actual LAN or even to get good aiming

Why don't they use PC's for events. I know it's a lot cheaper to use the dev kits but why not use pc's for main stage to get actual LAN or even to get good aiming

Aiming sure but even the PC version doesn't have actual LAN.  They would still need to bring a server. And regardless of the aiming being better, i wouldnt want to compete with aiming that is different than what i practiced on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aiming sure but even the PC version doesn't have actual LAN.  They would still need to bring a server. And regardless of the aiming being better, i wouldnt want to compete with aiming that is different than what i practiced on.

its already different than what you practice on. its why every1 thinks the aiming problem has to do with connection. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

its already different than what you practice on. its why every1 thinks the aiming problem has to do with connection. 

I have heard mixed opinions on the aiming of H5 PC, pretty sure it's still H5 - fucked up at the core

Just caught up, what's this talk about a dev for WW2 being an asshat and alienating people from his game? The tweets appear to have been delated.

btw happy Monday all  :walshy:

Just caught up, what's this talk about a dev for WW2 being an asshat and alienating people from his game? The tweets appear to have been delated.

Dev for some indie World War 2 game. Not actual WW2 from Sledgehammer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Touche.  I still have serious serious doubt that the "aiming" has anything to do with connection though.  Aim assist and hitbox issues sure, but just walking around looking at the environment? doubtful.

I have heard mixed opinions on the aiming of H5 PC, pretty sure it's still H5 - fucked up at the core

From my experience with it, its actually really good period.  Curves feel normal and everything.  Xbox feels consistent to me now, but the curves still feel weird.  On PC its just really good period.  Can't explain it more than that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you'd have to move to pc entirely. i don't know how you'd jump from console for pro league to pc for events (especially if it's just main stage) and back and retain any consistency. 

Any copy of the tweets lol? 

Any copy of the tweets lol? 

I would be curious to see these as well haha

It was basically him desperately bashing CoD and Halo esports saying they are too "Hard to watch" and explaining why they have never been big.  

Followed by a bunch of people calling him a dumbass for being a dumbass.  Saying how CoD is huge despite its obvious flaws, Halo used to the THE console esport, Overwatch, LoL, dota etc are much harder to watch etc etc etc.

He basically saw how excited people are for CoD WWII and felt that his game was threatened so he tried to bash the competition and it totally, hilariously backfired.  He pretty much just guaranteed that everybody who saw those tweets won't buy his game.

The vast majority of Halo pro players would become obsolete if it became a KB+M game. Plus, it's a console esport, making a shift to PC would be way too difficult and alienate those that actually do show up to compete, and have invested a lot of time into it (even if aiming is better, it's still different to what people would be used to, so could put people in a bad position).

• Upvote (+1) 4

It was basically him desperately bashing CoD and Halo esports saying they are too "Hard to watch" and explaining why they have never been big.

Followed by a bunch of people calling him a dumbass for being a dumbass. Saying how CoD is huge despite its obvious flaws, Halo used to the THE console esport, Overwatch, LoL, dota etc are much harder to watch etc etc etc.

He basically saw how excited people are for CoD WWII and felt that his game was threatened so he tried to bash the competition and it totally, hilariously backfired. He pretty much just guaranteed that everybody who saw those tweets won't buy his game.

Well most people who saw the tweets probably didn't know his game even existed.

So even a 1% chance of a purchase is better then 0%.