HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What does Tashi even do?.

Grinds and then passes out on couches? 

Idk man. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope.

This doesn't even shock me anymore.

343 wants the HCS to die more than anyone else.

This doesn't even shock me anymore.

343 wants the HCS to die more than anyone else.

I could at least understand not tracking open bracket stats.  But when champ bracket starts, just give it a little more effort and take a picture of the stats screen after each game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could at least understand not tracking open bracket stats. But when champ bracket starts, just give it a little more effort and take a picture of the stats screen after each game.

Im not sure i understand. Can you please elaborate?

Left field idea but i would like to see Menke take all the team and pro player stats from scrim and league games only, aggregate them them see how accurately his ranking system could have predicted the outcome of Atlanta.

Just wanted to say this is one of the most unique and awesome ideas I've ever seen. I'm going to @ Josh with this link. Would be so cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

guys it costs like $50,000 to record stats and we just don't have it in the budget

we will take your feedback into consideration and etc

I used to do it at MLG events back in 2011, when we had 130+ teams still. It was so simple back then with refs writing them down and a couple of us submitting it into computers. If you have the right system (and people) in place, it can make a big difference.

Here's an example of it, if anyone is interested.

Bonus: Pro Stats

• Upvote (+1) 9

I used to do it at MLG events back in 2011, when we had 130+ teams still. It was so simple back then with refs writing them down and a couple of us submitting it into computers. If you have the right system (and people) in place, it can make a big difference.

Here's an example of it, if anyone is interested.

We can still access the stats to this day? It's just so crazy to me that this used to be the norm and then I compare it to where we're at now and it just is so sad. I didn't follow competitive Halo much back then and I really wish I had been interested.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We can still access the stats to this day? It's just so crazy to me that this used to be the norm and then I compare it to where we're at now and it just is so sad. I didn't follow competitive Halo much back then and I really wish I had been interested.

The only good thing about today game is honestly just the prizing, everything else is held together by elmer's glue. I know a lot of us toss around around MLG nostalgia boner, but it's for good reason when you see stuff like this when it was the norm. I know there are some really nice people at ESL and 343i, but a lot of us have reached our breaking point as fans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im not sure i understand. Can you please elaborate?

There was a twitter conversation about this between someone and Quinn or maybe Tashi. Their elaboration was basically we don't take screen shots after matches because we cannot commit to doing that every event.  :kappa:

18 hour sleep after this event, I was beyond slumped.  From The P5 LAN, to casting for the first time until 3AM and all of Dreamhack combined; it was an exhausting but incredible experience altogether.

From a competitor's POV all weekend, I saw more work from Proverb, Jokr, his brother and the rest of the TOs who were there to start matches then ANY other people in Halo's section.  They were all doing an amazing job keeping people as updated as possible with all the delays going on throughout the Amateur bracket.  I saw Tashi and Quinn speaking to a few people, but nothing that struck me as technically "working."  I could be mistaken and there could of been more to see behind the scenes of the Pro Lounge and such.  

The feedback for Dreamhack Denver will be immense from my part and I might make a long post for here, but my brain is still trying to play catch-up.  Amateurs should NEVER be waiting 7...SEVEN hours for updates on tournament structure in any way, shape or form.  From hearing my Round 2 FFA was going to start at 2pm, to finding out it was at 6pm was just one of the many issues Amateurs had from the entire weekend.

Even though there were a ton of hiccups along the way, Dreamhack Atlanta was an incredible success in my opinion.  From 80+ Open Teams, to one of the best Main Stage Sundays in years, Halo came out in full force and I hope they can improve on the issues within the next three months.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope.

It's not like anyone cares about some stupid numbers. Tashi put in a lot of hard work and we should all be thankful that they even streamed the event. 

Sometimes I think the HCS is too good for us. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only good thing about today game is honestly just the prizing, everything else is held together by elmer's glue. I know a lot of us toss around around MLG nostalgia boner, but it's for good reason when you see stuff like this when it was the norm. I know there are some really nice people at ESL and 343i, but a lot of us have reached our breaking point as fans.

Theres a ton of nostalgia for mlg but honestly its well deserved. Events used to just work. When you tuned in friday you got your preevent show. Downtime had fairly repetitive commercials but they promoted sponsors and we never had to wonder how the stram would break. There were issues with silverlight but 2008 stream uptime is so much better than 2017 and that is sad. The decision not to use mlg has been shown to be wrong.

The only credentials Tashi had for running HCS was that he posted on NeoGAF. 343 has the most serious hiring measures. 

The part that gets me is that we are literally forgiving people. A little bit of transparency would go such a long distance on this site. But we aren't even worthy of that.