CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

BF2 and the Jedi Knight games still hold up well in 2017 and I still play them from time to time. I tried playing Kotor and the gameplay is so bad. If it isn't worth playing now it can't be "the best star wars game"

It's still amazing to this day. I'm pretty sure it was one of the top selling games on the app store when it came out earlier this year.

You just have terrible taste my man.

• Upvote (+1) 3

snip

Yeah we'll see what this actually looks like in person - I'm all about the social aspect, but they're also trying to obviously grow a generation of gamer's desensitized to the idea of supply drop opening videos to drive views, advertising and ultimately money even when people aren't playing the game. It's a little George Orwell for me but that's how Murica runs I guess.

I'm probably talking out my arse but, I always think Ace can be a little to laid back at times, maybe this situation he's in will get him back to his best.

I'm probably talking out my arse but, I always think Ace can be a little to laid back at times, maybe this situation he's in will get him back to his best.

its not his fault he's constantly falling asleep  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

there's disappointment with Halo / 343 ... and then there's the Halo 5 Thread on these forums. gamers have expressed disappointment with game franchises for the past 20 years, but the extent of the whining and negativity on these forums is literally unlike anything I've ever seen.

even when everyone lost their minds about Fallout 4 or No Man's Sky on Reddit (and everywhere else) they at least became self-aware enough after a couple months to stop beating a dead horse

This thread is ABOUT hcs though. We can only talk about what's right in front of us. If hcs is bad, the comments here will be negative.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Liquid (w/ Spartan) 8-5 Splyce

OpTic 9-4 Ronin

Ace, Baby J, Commonly, Danoxide 10-3 Oxy

i think TL might pick up spartan after last nights performance

A.B.C.D is looking legit too

Who's on ABCD now?

Why doesn't the scrim results show in the Halo data hive page

because the rosters aren't updated (cause they aren't official)

they should be up tomorrow

Who's on ABCD now?

i mean abcd as in ace, baby j, commonly and danoxide

not the old abcd team, sorry that was confusing

https://twitter.com/Brammertron/status/899248868625403905

This dev is running his mouth about CoD and Halo esports supposedly never succeeding

imagine being this wrong

wow

Stupidest thing is the guy probably just severely negatively impacted his game and its chances at being popular.

omg big time, wait until the articles drop

hecz even commented on it

this guy probably just jeopardized his entire future over some shit tweets

As someone who follows gaming pretty closely, I had no idea about his game until these tweets. Focus on your own game first :eyes:

• Upvote (+1) 9

My favorite part about this guys game is that it's Battalion 1944, compared to Battlefield 1944.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As someone who follows gaming pretty closely, I had no idea about his game until these tweets. Focus on your own game first :eyes:

It's definitely an alternate method of advertising...

It's definitely an alternate method of advertising...

Maybe it's some mentality that 'There is no such thing as bad publicity'. I mean I googled his game afterwards to see what it was, I'm sure it will see a spike at Hecz and others calling him out. Maybe a last ditch effort to make his game relevant? Maybe he's pissed that CoD WWII is going to wipe any potential hype for his WWII game? Only things I can think of.

Maybe it's some mentality that 'There is no such thing as bad publicity'. I mean I googled his game afterwards to see what it was, I'm sure it will see a spike at Hecz and others calling him out. Maybe a last ditch effort to make his game relevant? Maybe he's pissed that CoD WWII is going to wipe any potential hype for his WWII game? Only things I can think of.

Especially with WW2 coming out.

My bet is they've been developing this for a while in an attempt to appeal to COD players who were fed up with the Jetpack/Wall running era. Their website even says "Batallion 1944 Recaptures the core of classic multiplayer shooters and revives ‘Old School’ FPS for the next generation."

Then WW2 and a return to boots on the ground was announced and they realised how screwed they were. Definitely a last resort.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably. I'd heard about it before but barely, this will definitely be its peak in popularity before it gets shadowed by WWII. Wouldn't be surprised if when news places talk about it when it releases they all mention a lead dev acting like a twat on twitter and getting shut down by prominent members of the game overshadowing it :^)

I came to console fps from cod4 promod, which Joe's game is heavily based on. (it died in NA and I really loved cod). A bunch of the community there really looked down on console comp cod because lol aim assist/controllers. I'm still really surprised he'd shoot his own game in the foot though with those tweets. Guess that elitst attitude just really shined through there. I was really looking forward to his game, but he just lost a supporter.

the eu preseason cup goes live in an hour, here are some links to watch

here's the bracket

/negative shit post

/MORE TOXIC THAN REDDIT LUL

Wonderboy is streaming matches too via observer mode https://www.twitch.tv/wonderboy

• Upvote (+1) 3