CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Holy shit opinions really are like assholes hahahahaha. 2017 terrible maybe but not 2003. Kotor is amazing.

BF2 and the Jedi Knight games still hold up well in 2017 and I still play them from time to time. I tried playing Kotor and the gameplay is so bad. If it isn't worth playing now it can't be "the best star wars game"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BF2 and the Jedi Knight games still hold up well in 2017 and I still play them from time to time. I tried playing Kotor and the gameplay is so bad. If it isn't worth playing now it can't be "the best star wars game"

I never said it was the best, but it is certainly on the short list.

I have never heard anybody call Kotor "overrated" or "terrible" that actually played the game when it came out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe you just don't like RPGs? That game is a masterpiece and I just played it - still incredible. (I wanted to play it through again instantly)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe you just don't like RPGs? That game is a masterpiece and I just played it - still incredible. (I wanted to play it through again instantly)

No I love RPGs and play them all the time. Kotor just has terrible gameplay that I really can't get past. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the combat is unplayable imo.

No I love RPGs and play them all the time. Kotor just has terrible gameplay that I really can't get past. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the combat is unplayable imo.

Yeah I've heard that about the Mass Effect games as well. Did you like them?

Eh, maybe ME1 could be described as "real time KOTOR", but ME2 and 3 are full blown TPS with powers and dialogue wheels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ace belongs on a pro league roster.

If he didn't bail on the str8 squad maybe he would have a pro league spot. Can't blame him though when Liquid came knocking.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you pick dark side or light side?  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nv cod is already making team changes, which im sure has huke ready

If he didn't bail on the str8 squad maybe he would have a pro league spot. Can't blame him though when Liquid came knocking.

He was dropped from str8.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Did you pick dark side or light side?  :thinking:

Dark side then light. It's too much fun being bad.

Eh, maybe ME1 could be described as "real time KOTOR", but ME2 and 3 are full blown TPS with powers and dialogue wheels.

You're right.

Same developers >.>

You brought a lot to the table here Tibs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so i took a semi break from halo related social media, mostly because i had about a week and a half span where i was playing so bad the thought of the halo community stressed me out, but what i noticed was my attitude toward the game was a lot better. We have been very negative lately, and after considerably dropping the amount of time i look at twitter and the forums, i got back to almost the level i was playing at 2 weeks ago.

The feelings i got from reading tweets and this forums were exhaustion, anxiety to a degree, and some level of discouragement. By that i mean the amount of positive energy about this esport is greatly out weighed by the consistent negative energy. While i entirely am behind most of the criticism and feelings towards 343 and ESL, i think there is plenty to celebrate and enjoy about this game and competitive scene, and ultimately thats what brought us all here. Our attitudes are contributing the current state of Halo. I could say more on this topic but what i really wanted to say was this game is a lot more enjoyable when we aren't consistently saying it should be dead and theres no hope.

That is great to hear! But imho the community's reactions is an effect of the suppliers actions. Usually, people don´t change much. A Cratos is a Cratos tomorrow. A Heinz is a Heinz tomorrow. A Frank is a Frank tomorrow. Of course I would love to see more positive attitudes and it is great that you are trying. But again, the attitudes is only a reaction. The only effective way to change the communities attitudes is to change the actions. We all know how easy it would be for 343 to make the hype train going....and turn around the attitudes.

I am glad that you find a way back to Halo. I hope I will experience that also. Maybe I just need a really long break.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Never actually played Mass Effect but another game that has similar problems to Kotor is Morrowind. Combat is RNG based and is just annoying but thankfully there are mods to patch that. If Kotor has something similar I will definitely try it but I haven't heard of it.

Also I haven't heard anyone mention SWTOR which I fucking love. It's an MMO but is very story focused and great to play single player.

• Upvote (+1) 2

According to the latest issue of Game Informer, the more you participate in social features, the better chances you have at acquiring supply drops that contain cosmetic loot.

You can participate in Headquarters social features through several newly announced methods: watching tournaments through the social space, opening your Supply Drops in front of other players, as well as completing daily and weekly missions to gain experience.

One of the biggest social score boosters in Call of Duty: WWII's Headquarters is opening Supply Drops within the mode. You can share how lucky (or unlucky) you are when receiving your loot, as players around you will be able to watch you open the crate and see what you've acquired. Plus, if you happen to receive an extremely rare item in a Supply Drop, everyone that took the time to watch also gets rewarded with a prize.

Sledgehammer unfortunately did not describe what the potential bystander prizes might be.

Call of Duty WWII Headquarters

Similar to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Black Ops 3, you can watch Call of Duty esports events directly in-game. However, you may not find it in the main menus. You'll have to head to Headquarters to find the theater. From there you can watch many esports events with your friends. It was not confirmed if accessing the theater from Headquarters would boost your social score.

Lastly, Sledgehammer confirmed daily and weekly missions for you to complete in WWII. You can receive the missions from an NPC within Headquarters and head directly into a match to finish out your new task. Completing missions in WWII provides you with experience, to earn levels for your Division and weapon, but also to increase your chances at Supply Drops and other rewards.

The developers have stated previously that they want Headquarters to feel as immersive as World of Warcraft's Orgrimmar. Sledgehammer aims for Headquarters to act as the "resting zone" for WWII's playerbase between matches to engage with each other, form teams, and find like-minded players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Liquid (w/ Spartan) 8-5 Splyce

OpTic 9-4 Ronin

Ace, Baby J, Commonly, Danoxide 10-3 Oxy

i think TL might pick up spartan after last nights performance

A.B.C.D is looking legit too