CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Spartan gets dropped from the 8th team and lucks his way into a top3 contender. Amazing

He wont be with them very long (If they even decide to pick him up)

I think I'll be the one to go out on a limb and list:

1. Jedi Academy

2. KOTOR

3. Battlefront 2

4. Republic Commando

5. Empire At War

Jedi Academy is solid but I grew up grinding hours of Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast on the GCN. Still probably my favorite SW game of all time but a lot of it's nostalgia for sure. And no XBL, just split screen with the old IRL friends, heheh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tricky to grab food ill agree but no traffic noise.

Traffic noise is how I fall asleep. No traffic? That's a dealbreaker

1.KOTOR

2.KOTOR II

3.Republic Commando

Kotor is so overrated. The combat and gameplay is terrible

1. BF2

2. Jedi Outcast

3. The Force Unleashed

• Downvote (-1) 11

Kotor is so overrated. The combat and gameplay is terrible

1. BF2

2. Jedi Outcast

3. The Force Unleashed

Holy shit opinions really are like assholes hahahahaha. 2017 terrible maybe but not 2003. Kotor is amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

so i took a semi break from halo related social media, mostly because i had about a week and a half span where i was playing so bad the thought of the halo community stressed me out, but what i noticed was my attitude toward the game was a lot better.  We have been very negative lately, and after considerably dropping the amount of time i look at twitter and the forums, i got back to almost the level i was playing at 2 weeks ago.

The feelings i got from reading tweets and this forums were exhaustion, anxiety to a degree, and some level of discouragement.  By that i mean the amount of positive energy about this esport is greatly out weighed by the consistent negative energy.  While i entirely am behind most of the criticism and feelings towards 343 and ESL, i think there is plenty to celebrate and enjoy about this game and competitive scene, and ultimately thats what brought us all here.  Our attitudes are contributing the current state of Halo.  I could say more on this topic but what i really wanted to say was this game is a lot more enjoyable when we aren't consistently saying it should be dead and theres no hope.

I think it's a common misconception, like a lot of us care for competitive Halo and want to see it rise to the top again. The reason a lot of us are brutally blunt because those who run it or are involved (besides @@TheSimms) don't care or want to improve, so we aren't going to sugarcoat it since it's been like this for almost 3 years now and we are still having Day 1 problems.

Yea we could make all our posts and thoughts PG and stuff  but we know it's a waste of our keystrokes after awhile. I know it's a terrible mindset - but hey it's what it is now with Halo. Can't say negativity has had an impact on me since I stopped playing Halo 5 but the memes have been fun.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I think it's a common misconception, like a lot of us care for competitive Halo and want to see it rise to the top again. The reason a lot of us are brutally blunt because those who run it or are involved (besides @TheSimms) don't care or want to improve, so we aren't going to sugarcoat it since it's been like this for almost 3 years now and we are still having Day 1 problems.

Yea we could make all our posts and thoughts PG and stuff  but we know it's a waste of our keystrokes after awhile. I know it's a terrible mindset - but hey it's what it is now with Halo. Can't say negativity has had an impact on me since I stopped playing Halo 5 but the memes have been fun.

ya and i'm right there with you, i have my criticisms and i agree with most of what is said here, i just wish we contributed more positive things along side all those criticisms, considering we all love halo and want it to succeed.  I just think we've become to focused on the negative and its taken away from discussion of the positive.  I think the discussion of the negative is necessary, but it shouldnt be the majority of our conversations outside of memes and off topic stuff

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ya and i'm right there with you, i have my criticisms and i agree with most of what is said here, i just wish we contributed more positive things along side all those criticisms, considering we all love halo and want it to succeed. I just think we've become to focused on the negative and its taken away from discussion of the positive. I think the discussion of the negative is necessary, but it shouldnt be the majority of our conversations outside of memes and off topic stuff

When the majority of the game is negative the majority of people will be negative. Praise is given when something is praise-worthy and negativity is the same. Saying "good job 343 on running a 65% quality tourney that's an improvement from the 2% quality of last time keep it up big guys!" Doesn't really matter to anything. It's the criticism that makes improvements. I'm not gonna compliment them because they did something decently well or are slightly improving. I give credit where it's due. Like if they run a great tourney. Or give a great update. Or something actually positive happens. Till then it's gonna be negative I mean even other communities laugh at the shit this community goes through.

In short, if positivity is something YOU want then be positive. But don't expect others to when there is no reason for them to be.

ya and i'm right there with you, i have my criticisms and i agree with most of what is said here, i just wish we contributed more positive things along side all those criticisms, considering we all love halo and want it to succeed.  I just think we've become to focused on the negative and its taken away from discussion of the positive.  I think the discussion of the negative is necessary, but it shouldnt be the majority of our conversations outside of memes and off topic stuff

I wish it was too, but the HCS is ran like a plane with no wings. We want to fly, but the pilot think we can get by putting money into the airplane food instead of getting those wings.

• Upvote (+1) 9

so i took a semi break from halo related social media, mostly because i had about a week and a half span where i was playing so bad the thought of the halo community stressed me out, but what i noticed was my attitude toward the game was a lot better.  We have been very negative lately, and after considerably dropping the amount of time i look at twitter and the forums, i got back to almost the level i was playing at 2 weeks ago.

The feelings i got from reading tweets and this forums were exhaustion, anxiety to a degree, and some level of discouragement.  By that i mean the amount of positive energy about this esport is greatly out weighed by the consistent negative energy.  While i entirely am behind most of the criticism and feelings towards 343 and ESL, i think there is plenty to celebrate and enjoy about this game and competitive scene, and ultimately thats what brought us all here.  Our attitudes are contributing the current state of Halo.  I could say more on this topic but what i really wanted to say was this game is a lot more enjoyable when we aren't consistently saying it should be dead and theres no hope.

I only come to this forum looking for intel or info about tournaments since I don't have a twitter, if I cared about the opinions of the people here I wouldn't be here anymore.

Some people here don't even play this game or are extremelly low ranked and are negative about every thing they read about just to join the bandwagon.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Some people here don't even play this game or are extremelly low ranked and are negative about every thing they read about just to join the bandwagon.

Do you need to be a skilled player to enjoy watching it or have opinions? Most of America watches football, despite the vast majority of them being unathletic and talentless. Does that mean they can't have opinions on the sport? Or are they only allowed to have positive opinions because they aren't talented enough?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I only come to this forum looking for intel or info about tournaments since I don't have a twitter, if I cared about the opinions of the people here I wouldn't be here anymore.

maybe you should make a twitter?

maybe people aren't playing because they don't enjoy it?

maybe

lets be real, we all love this game and this scene but there ain't shit to be excited about, literally nothing

everyone is just waiting and hoping for this thing to improve post-ESL

i have so much respect for the AM players who continue to grind this game

• Upvote (+1) 2

i mean this place has continued to work to produce halo tournaments pulling its own sponsorships. i think that is a ton of positive in and of itself. its hard to keep positive on topic convo during 4 weeks of downtime with no hcs updates. i get the need to be positive during interactions, but like cyren said, after all this time it comes down to the people who run this game and scene

hahahahaha. sorry that the fundamental issues plaguing this game have caused me to stop playing the series ive been playing since 2003. sorry if my low rank taints my opinion of the game in your eyes

• Upvote (+1) 2