CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He's only looked really good around Heinz and APG who suck, and in the beginning of H5 when things didn't count. We didn't get to see enough of him on the most recent Liquid roster to judge IMO.

How is looking good with worse players than yourself a negative? If anything that should increase his stock, not lower it

One of the top five Star Wars games ever

Top 3/4 depending on how much you like BF2 over it

How is looking good with worse players than yourself a negative? If anything that should increase his stock, not lower it

Well, even a losing team has players that perform well. Someone on the team has to get the kills and make the plays even if they're a worse pro team, it is after all still a pro team and they won't get stomped to the point where one player who is slightly better than his teammates can't shine at all. My point is that if you put Ace on a team like Optic, Splyce, or NV instead of players like Heinz or APG, he would look very unimpressive.

Well, even a losing team has players that perform well. Someone on the team has to get the kills and make the plays even if they're a worse pro team, it is after all still a pro team and they won't get stomped to the point where one player who is slightly better than his teammates can't shine at all. My point is that if you put Ace on a team like Optic, Splyce, or NV instead of players like Heinz or APG, he would look very unimpressive.

Someone being able to put up big numbers with 3 "bad" teammates is a huge accomplishment. You're analysis on pretty much everything on this topic has just straight up been wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Someone being able to put up big numbers with 3 "bad" teammates is a huge accomplishment. You're analysis on pretty much everything on this topic has just straight up been wrong.

And the better the overall team that a player is on, the more their individual stats tend to suffer since there is no slack to be made up.

Saying that a player put on optic or splyce would look "unimpressive" isn't necessarily a bad thing.  If you are on a team like that and you look average, that is pretty damn good considering the teammates that you have around you that you are being compared against.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses.

Now you do what they told ya.

?

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's pretty common for a player to look much better with 3 players that play poorly around them, since that player tends to have to focus on staying alive while also having very little pressure on them in most cases so long as they bait their underperforming teammates well.

This happens in many competitive games. It is not a big accomplishment nor is it an indicator that the player is being held back by bad teammates -- those numbers often sink toward normal/average when they move to a team on more even footing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's pretty common for a player to look much better with 3 players that play poorly around them, since that player tends to have to focus on staying alive while also having very little pressure on them in most cases so long as they bait their underperforming teammates well.

This happens in many competitive games. It is not a big accomplishment nor is it an indicator that the player is being held back by bad teammates -- those numbers often sink toward normal/average when they move to a team on more even footing.

Of course. You don't have to do so much on a more even team. Idek why he mentioned stats since we all know how much really goes into them. Just dumb to discredit a dude by saying he's gonna have worse stats on a better team. Like duh man holy hell.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You worded what I was getting at very well, thanks.

---

If you guys think Heinz and APG are exceptional H5 players, you are delusional.

I stand by my argument that Ace may belong on a top 4 team but only barely and he is right around the same level as Falcated. I'm not arguing that he is bad but that he hasnt proven that he is as good as some make him out to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pure class... finesse.... rounds, mounds, and rebounds

Jx0LkNn.gif

It always amazes me how he was a world class althete in basketball which is one of the most skilled sports on earth and has a golf swing like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top 3/4 depending on how much you like BF2 over it

1.KOTOR

2.KOTOR II

3.Republic Commando

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of course. You don't have to do so much on a more even team. Idek why he mentioned stats since we all know how much really goes into them. Just dumb to discredit a dude by saying he's gonna have worse stats on a better team. Like duh man holy hell.

I will take an argument backed by stats over an argument backed by nothing. For some reason it's all or nothing with the anti stats posters - like stats can only either mean everything or nothing at all. They tell a story, not the entire story but part of it-and unless you want to point me to some games where Ace is making some awesome intangible plays or something, you can't really say much with any confidence.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1.KOTOR

2.KOTOR II

3.Republic Commando

1. KOTOR

2. Battlefront 2 (05)

3. Republic Commando 

KOTOR II is probably top 5, but it was a glitchy mess

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. KOTOR

2. Battlefront 2 (05)

3. Republic Commando 

Episode 1 on the playstation was VERY lit. Choosing how to manipulate people via the force had me mind blown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. KOTOR

2. Battlefront 2 (05)

3. Republic Commando

You've got a dirty whorish mouth

That's what you have

• Upvote (+1) 1