CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't really know how a paperwork issue turns into months of not paying people. (probably because it doesn't if you're a professional) That's embarrassing on a lot of levels but how do they not know they haven't paid people? Free labor writing the HCS checks too?

Whats the usual time frame for being paid out?

Id laugh if optic cod gets paid for their champs win this past weekend before the halo team gets paid for torunies they won 6 months ago.

Whats the usual time frame for being paid out?

Id laugh if optic cod gets paid for their champs win this past weekend before the halo team gets paid for torunies they won 6 months ago.

I believe old MLG events used to take 3 months or so (Correct me if wrong @@Clap). For our tournaments we pay out around the time of our last tournament of the month - granted our prizes are smaller.

Hope it works out of the players though, seems like a bit of time has passed already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What it is that makes it so unbelievable isn't even so much that its been months since X event even though that is bad. That happens sometimes. Its that HCS/ESL/343/whoever actually pays has been put on the spot to payout for an event, like, four times in six months? While not once paying yet. Really makes the paperwork thing seem like BS unless they somehow literally forgot this team exists

Microsoft is the ones funding the prize pools for these tournaments now right? 

THEY'RE NICE PEOPLE, REMEMBER?

Sometimes the "nicest" people you meet are the worst because its fake and they put on a mask, a facade and only show you the side they want.

The longer players don't get paid, the more likely we're gonna see a mass exodus to COD. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty bummed that EG hasn't picked up Ace. Would do nothing but upgrade that team in my opinion.

Ehh, I'm not sure Ace has proven himself as definitively better than Falcated. Ace has only really shined when around players mostly worse than himself IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What it is that makes it so unbelievable isn't even so much that its been months since X event even though that is bad. That happens sometimes. Its that HCS/ESL/343/whoever actually pays has been put on the spot to payout for an event, like, four times in six months? While not once paying yet. Really makes the paperwork thing seem like BS unless they somehow literally forgot this team exists

Like Ninja said, there's not enough people at 343 who care.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

??? @Ace has multiple top 4 finishes with different rosters in h5 and he isnt surrounded by players worse than him:

HCS Vegas 2016 - @aPG, @Heinz, @Eco

Fall Finals 2016 - @aPG, @Heinz, @Eco

UGC St. Louis 2017 - @aPG, @Heinz, @Renegade

HWC 2017 - @aPG, @Heinz, @Renegade

DH Atlanta -@StelluR, @Eco, @SubZero

He's only looked really good around Heinz and APG who suck, and in the beginning of H5 when things didn't count. We didn't get to see enough of him on the most recent Liquid roster to judge IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

He's only looked really good around Heinz and APG who suck,

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 4

He's only looked really good around Heinz and APG who suck, and in the beginning of H5 when things didn't count. We didn't get to see enough of him on the most recent Liquid roster to judge IMO.

I guess they don't put up flashy numbers and perfects, but I never really thought Heinz and APG sucked at halo5. Why do you think they're not very good?

What was everyone's inspiration for their GT?

My Gamertag is a Numb Thumb now and the inspiration came from a few years back when I had a logging accident and cut the front side of my thumb with a Chainsaw. The only thing I could do while I was healing was play Halo but the thumb had such nerve damage that it was literally numb. It's still partly numb but not like it was back then.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I guess they don't put up flashy numbers and perfects, but I never really thought Heinz and APG sucked at halo5. Why do you think they're not very good?

They won't find success in this game without Ace (who I do think is pretty good but I just dont find him exceptional, I'd say he just barely belongs on a 4th place team) and the monster that is Renegade.

APG has proven time and time again that he just isn't too good at H5, he is a detriment everywhere he is, sometimes it looks like he's "back" for a second but then he goes back to going super negative and giving up easy deaths. There is never good things going on on his POV.

Heinz, it seems, doesn't have the individual skill (specifically ability to win 1v1s) to hang with top 6 teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ace, APG, & Heinz are by no means bad but it'd be a stretch to consider them elite level halo players. You also have to keep in mind that none of them have placed top 3 at an HCS event in over 2 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ace, APG, & Heinz are by no means bad but it'd be a stretch to consider them elite level halo players. You also have to keep in mind that none of them have placed top 3 at an HCS event in over 2 years.

Probably would have made it farther if we hadn't have put a stop to the Str8 Rippin and ESL collusion. 

• Downvote (-1) 5

Sometimes the "nicest" people you meet are the worst because its fake and they put on a mask, a facade and only show you the side they want.

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses.

Now you do what they told ya.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the HCS playlist ever been the featured playlist or double exp?

You're welcome  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5