CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Will anyone on Liquid be streaming it?

I do not know. I am at work, relaying some info.

I also cannot confirm or deny any identities if anything seems fishy as nothing is finalized.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think seeing 8 pages I need to read from my last post exciting me only to find the first 4 was just talking about pizza always reminds me why II buy premium for this place.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The series lives on nostalgia at this point, I would really be curious to see how Halo 4 and 5 would have done as a different IP name.

It would have been like Titanfall but less critically acclaimed. And despite the praise for Titanfall, its population is abysmal...can't imagine how low H4/5 would be without the IP. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Limited air supply but refills quickly. It will be a utility pickup. Respawns every 30 seconds regardless if the first one is in use. Doesn't expire until death. 

Yours truly,

:fire: Satan :fire: 

Is that how Overwatch handles it?

If not, then that's not how it's going to be in H6.

I've said it before, but I don't think Bungie even wanted to do it. Microsoft has always been money hungry. Also this reaffirms my thoughts on some of the directions 343 "decides" to go with. I think 343 being the brainchild of M$, is more malleable.

sHPN7PK.jpg

I wish they ended it after 3. I wish I could be looking at the Halo franchise(trilogy) with rose colored glasses and not see the shell it is now. I wish we were all discussing what would have been Bungie's next series that may not have even been Destiny but a natural progression from Halo. 

I wish it had ended after 3 as well but its important for everyone to note that bungie absolutely did not respect "classic" Halo. Think about just how different CE to Halo 2 was. H2 to H3? Flares, regens, bubbles, AR starts, terrible magnum, wacky aim, and the list goes on. Anyone that enjoyed competitive Halo 3 has MLG alone to thank. Reach was sort of their natural progression of repeated attempts to reinvent the wheel. They just missed the mark completely with the last installment they created for Halo. They were simply more skilled at creating and shipping complete games than 343 has been or probably will ever be.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Claim being picked up by Liquid is not good news for Ace. If other teams don't make drastic changes he could be left out of any shuffle or extremely limited in choices.

That said, I am surprised that Liquid went for Claim. Tons of talent but very little experience at events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 isn't a bad game by any means, but it just isn't a good Halo game for those that grew up with the series.

No way. The IP is the only thing that keeps these games afloat.

They're unoriginal and don't do it better than any of the games that they're blatantly ripping off.

Who does H5's gameplay appeal to without the Halo name? Surely not the COD/destiny/titanfall crowd. Kill times are too long. Way too long. ADS isn't necessary so they'll spas out over people killing them "from the hip". No custom loudouts. Not core Halo fans. Sprint, COD crap. Yuck. These types of players only played H5 because it said Halo on the box. People looking for something new? There's nothing new or even remotely interesting going on.

Don't even get me started on the campaign. Holy hell that's not helping move any units.

The aiming mechanics may actually be the worst of any AAA console shooter release in the last decade.

H5 is dead with the Halo IP buoying it. It would be a ghost town if it was it's own IP.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair to 343, communication has been better (though it seems they're just listening). They did take out all automatics, splinters and changed the radar in one go after worlds. It's improvement, just way too slow for a AAA dev

I'm just trying to stay positive

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm not willing to have this discussion with you because you are obnoxious

Holy irony.

Don't have it then.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

January 2015, eLevate is looking to drop Shaffer. I tell them pick up Frosty. Frosty carries Reality Check vs Noble Black the next event.

December 2015, TL is looking to drop Chig, Manager and I both recommend Huke. Team declines. I recommend Penguin. Penguin and Huke both top 4 at Worlds. Huke proves self as a god.

December 2016, TL talking about potential options other than Sparty -- I say, "If Shotzzy is legal, should 100% consider him." Months later, team he's on becomes first team withoug Snipedown or Lethul to win an event since H2A.

Don't be surprised by TL going for young undeveloped talent. I personally put a ton of faith in player potential if they show a high level of talent and drive to improve.

Disclaimer: This post does not confirm that Claim is TL's fourth or that I had any input on the decision, it is just a remark on thought processes behind roster changes.

/r/iamverysmart

:lxthul:

Just surprised more because I had others ranked higher on my list of potential targets. High level of skill, just lacks in other departments that come with experience of being on a top team.

I expected Ronin to pick up Claim for Spartan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

January 2015, eLevate is looking to drop Shaffer. I tell them pick up Frosty. Frosty carries Reality Check vs Noble Black the next event.

December 2015, TL is looking to drop Chig, Manager and I both recommend Huke. Team declines. I recommend Penguin. Penguin and Huke both top 4 at Worlds. Huke proves self as a god.

December 2016, TL talking about potential options other than Sparty -- I say, "If Shotzzy is legal, should 100% consider him." Months later, team he's on becomes first team withoug Snipedown or Lethul to win an event since H2A.

Don't be surprised by TL going for young undeveloped talent. I personally put a ton of faith in player potential if they show a high level of talent and drive to improve.

Disclaimer: This post does not confirm that Claim is TL's fourth or that I had any input on the decision, it is just a remark on thought processes behind roster changes.

Did you just analyze...your own past analysis?   :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Who does H5's gameplay appeal to without the Halo name? ... These types of players only played H5 because it said Halo on the box.

Well, I play H5 on a consistent basis because it's the only game I can play that feels like...Halo? We can talk settings and innovation and fads all we want, the bottom line is that H5 is still closer to Halo than any other game out there. And I've always enjoyed Halo more than any game, ever. I play Overwatch occasionally, I'm not too bad, and I have a bunch of friends who play it, but I can't play it for more than an hour or so. Not my thing. I've tried CoD, not really my thing either. The most fun I have in CoD is leveling up and unlocking guns. Same thing with Destiny. A fun game to play, but the only reason I would play more than just the story is because it's a loot-grind game. 

I just haven't found a better alternative for the quasi-arena Halo experience than H5, and so that's why I'm closing in on SR150. But I don't disagree that H5 without it's name wouldn't be a huge hit. I only disagree that H5 without it's name wouldn't be Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm convinced Bungie sabotaged Reach

Ive been saying that for years!!! Bungie did not wanna make Halo after 3 but were force to by M$. So they made a shit game knowing it would sell just with the name "Halo" in it. The funniest part is 343 kept going in that direction.

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have no idea why they would need to cater for the casual community after Halo 3. Halo 3 has immense custom game options, Forge and theatres. There was enough in there alone to satisfy any casual player ever (as well as social slayer and BTB). Halo 1 & 2 were the same. (Think 'Team snipers' was a bungie idea? No. SWAT? No. Paintball? No. All player-made gametypes.)

Griffball got created, Infection was a thing, Fat kid, Jenga, Splaxxorx, pinball etc. etc. etc.

There is no need to cater to the casual community in terms of gameplay when you give them such massive customisation. 

Just make a balanced, bug-free, network-smooth game with recognisable/iconic art and sound, classic true-to-its-roots movement/gameplay and a skill gap. Then dump forge in and a host of gameplay options and the community will do the rest. Wanting to make "your own splash" on the series is pathetic. Halo has always been about it's community. The developers give them tools (game mode options/forge/theatre) and the community makes incredible content. 

343 killed this by making us only play their version of the game. Warzone has zero customisation, there are no community forge maps in matchmaking and they're fucking around with universal settings to the point where it's all stagnated. Also breakout is clearly their attempt at making a new gamemode that feels "community made" when within 3 months of Halo 5 being released the community would have made a 200x better one.

The decision makers at 343 have zero idea about what makes a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 8