CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ugh. the whole Halo scene is just artificial. No real blood and sweat being pumped into it like other more successful scenes. All we get is pocket change to run events and PR-hires to piss on the fires 343i/M$ creates.

When Bungie was to move closer to M$, M$ attempted to get them to assimilate in their culture even tho Bungie's culture was one of the qualities M$ liked about them. They just want to sell consoles. If it was any different, we would all have an XBox OS that we could slap into any computer hardware fitting the requirements.  

Don't hold your breath.

343 is far too busy perfecting h6's grappling hook sound effects to listen to feedback.

Speaking of not holding your breath, they are actually getting the sound effects for all guns fired under water so the underwater gametypes will be super authentic :simms:

From my own personal experience I have retweeted many Beyond posts on ESL Halo. The staffs opinions or opinions of the forums users shouldn't as a whole reflect the direct views of the forum or site name imo. I say many things about Halo and its current state but my opinions are my own and as much as I do represent ESL these views are my own and should not reflect the direct view of ESL.

Maybe its me but im not one for painting an entire community with the same brush, its an open forum with an older user base thats seen some shit.

This is entirely missing my point and reading way too far into my post but at this point I really don't care.  You pick and chose select Team Beyond Posts?  Yea because that is the same thing as getting HCS Twitter to give shout outs to TeamBeyond as a whole.  There are plenty informative, supportive, and all around great "posts" here on the forum but it certainly isn't obvious for anyone outside this circle to see without some serious digging, especially lately.  Its like "go check out this awesome post on TeamBeyond - but only look at this link and don't go exploring or you will see exactly how much hate there is in that place for us!"   .

• Upvote (+1) 2

When Bungie was to move closer to M$, M$ attempted to get them to assimilate in their culture even tho Bungie's culture was one of the qualities M$ liked about them. They just want to sell consoles. If it was any different, we would all have an XBox OS that we could slap into any computer hardware fitting the requirements.

Speaking of not holding your breath, they are actually getting the sound effects for all guns fired under water so the underwater gametypes will be super authentic :simms:

Will every hero be able to breathe underwater?

All these posts, no intel and no pjzza chrust discussion.

To cheese chrust or not to cheese chrust that is the question?

PS. 343/ESL this is what you have made us become!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is entirely missing my point and reading way too far into my post but at this point I really don't care.  You pick and chose select Team Beyond Posts?  Yea because that is the same thing as getting HCS Twitter to give shout outs to TeamBeyond as a whole.  There are plenty informative, supportive, and all around great "posts" here on the forum but it certainly isn't obvious for anyone outside this circle to see without some serious digging, especially lately.  Its like "go check out this awesome post on TeamBeyond - but only look at this link and don't go exploring or you will see exactly how much hate there is in that place for us!"   .

Ok understood, possibly did read way too far into it but I just think with it been an open forum its open voice and you'll always meet negativity in anyplace on the net. I feel my point is that this post aims at one specific topic on the forum but beyond this one topic is a much bigger picture and it shouldn't bleed out too much. Each place has its parts which can get dark even reddit and waypoint but I fully see and appreciate where you are coming from.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After that everything just started changing and the competitive players were playing what was released with very little say in anything settings or game related. It was all put into H2A, and if you didn't feel like that game was exactly what H4 should have been on H2 maps then idk. 

I'm very curious, do you enjoy H2A more than H5 (in terms of fun + competitiveness)?  H5 seems way more fun/competitive to me but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority

Real travesty here. This morning, as I woke up and read the forum posts, I see @@Bad Dub say the new Game of Thrones leaked. Curious me decides to check it out since there is no way this happens two weeks in a row. Couple hours later, and I have watched the episode. Still hating myself for that one. I am weak. 

On a related note, if Tashi is saying there is more open communication, I am currently waiting on a visit to the great forums at Team Beyond. I will continue to wait because communication is not truly open until someone comes here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

More people pointing out that there's no budget or money to be had to run these events.

Still waiting for moses to explain how this apperent lack of funds translates into MLG getting paid a shit ton of money to run the same events.

Os6kFZI.png

Mks0gC0.png

EbYiwfU.png

MLG doesnt seem to care about the money

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Os6kFZI.png

Mks0gC0.png

EbYiwfU.png

MLG doesnt seem to care about the money

That doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for the actual response though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for the actual response though.

from the beginning, mlg ran halo for the love of halo. at points they had to pay to run the game. they wont be more expensive than esl despite putting in much more effort b/c they have pride in their work and passion for the game, and they know they will make money by selling team and spectator passes. 343 will probably still provide prize money, but MLG has actual sponsors that will help offset other costs. @@Clap has sad himself that they will run halo if they get to run the league as well without needing fuck tons of money to do it. adam, sundance, puckett made their names off this game and loved to play it back in the day. it makes sense that they would want it back and try and rebuild it

from the beginning, mlg ran halo for the love of halo. at points they had to pay to run the game. they wont be more expensive than esl despite putting in much more effort b/c they have pride in their work and passion for the game, and they know they will make money by selling team and spectator passes. 343 will probably still provide prize money, but MLG has actual sponsors that will help offset other costs. @@Clap has sad himself that they will run halo if they get to run the league as well without needing fuck tons of money to do it. adam, sundance, puckett made their names off this game and loved to play it back in the day. it makes sense that they would want it back and try and rebuild it

They already dropped reach due to low interest.

I don't see why suddenly they'd want to run halo events at a loss just to be good guys.

It literally makes no sense. It seems more likely that they just see an opportunity to help drive the wedge between the community and esl even further in. Essentially forcing 343 to use thier more expensive services.

They already dropped reach due to low interest.

I don't see why suddenly they'd want to run halo events at a loss just to be good guys.

It literally makes no sense. It seems more likely that they just see an opportunity to help drive the wedge between the community and esl even further in. Essentially forcing 343 to use thier more expensive services.

im not going around linking this shit again, its in my post history, but reach was never completely dropped. for one event (i think summer or fall 2012)it was pushed to online only due to the inclusion of league of legends and then immediately brought back for winter championships in dallas (the infamous halo chant for NBNS) and then they held 1 h4 event before halo was given to virgin. there was no walking away from the game, it was taken. and yes it sucks that halo had a live event taken, but with an option to run LoL or a shitty game, you go for LoL. 1 event pushed to online =/= dropped the game, especially as 2 more halo lans followed it

@@Clap please correct me if i'm wrong

• Upvote (+1) 2

All these posts, no intel and no pjzza chrust discussion.

To cheese chrust or not to cheese chrust that is the question?

PS. 343/ESL this is what you have made us become!

What is a chrust? Does your computer/phone not have a spell-suggestion/autocorrect feature?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Will every hero be able to breathe underwater?

Limited air supply but refills quickly. It will be a utility pickup. Respawns every 30 seconds regardless if the first one is in use. Doesn't expire until death. 

Yours truly,

:fire: Satan :fire: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

More people pointing out that there's no budget or money to be had to run these events.

Still waiting for moses to explain how this apperent lack of funds translates into MLG getting paid a shit ton of money to run the same events.

into MLG getting paid a shit ton of money to run the same events.

i'm not willing to have this discussion with you because you are obnoxious

"herp derp how is 343 gonna pay MLG ten trillion dollars to run HCS???!?!?"

since the start of the HCS i've tracked $5,381,492 in prize money, and that's just prize money

when i said "the budget is apparently awful" what i meant was they should have spend more on infrastructure and less on prize money

"omg moses stop freaking out i'm worried about you"

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is a chrust? Does your computer/phone not have a spell-suggestion/autocorrect feature?

Yeah but it seems it wants to change it to that, keeps putting because into beacaus aswell :0

Halo 2 anniversary could've been great if there were more maps :/ I think I'm in the minority on that but H2a should've been the foundation for future halo games. I lowkey hate the flagnum and if mcc wasn't such an abomination or H2a would've shipped by itself with more content I wonder where we would be.

343 can continue with this power rangers version of the spartans but either make a spinoff of that or Halo where it resembles 1-3 and make that a spinoff and make the classic stuff tailored for HCS. I HOPE we will get a classic game again sooner rather than later.

• Upvote (+1) 3