CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, but do yall got barbeque up north?

Am I inciting a food civil war?

Good point, our BBQ sucks where I'm from. But Chicago pizza > Northeast pizza only because I've never tried northeast pizza. Although deep dish pizza sucks because it's actually just a pie

next time do pizza hut and get boneless buffalo medium wings and a pepperoni p'zone with extra marinara sauce on the side

medium is for pussies  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

LG lost a scrim to Spartans team 5-8. Watched most of the scrim. APG isn't very good. His bad stats all throughout Halo 5 are no lie. Constantly got shit on by Spartan as I was watching Spartans stream. For an agressive player APG usually was at the bottom in dmg dealt and kills. Rayne isn't much of an improvement over Ninja if at all. Hoping Saiyan leaves this mess of a team. Trippey also deserves better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You see, i despise bleach for it been the beginning of sprint and shit but I can still see Halo in it. If i play Reach I still feel Halo at its core which is something i never got with 4 or 5 due to medals/guns/sounds/colours etc etc

Was calling it bleach intentional? Lmao

Guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Loadouts arent very halo to me.

Now id agree that reach was more halo like than the later games but that doesnt mean much tbh.

Also seems like the issues you pointed out in the games you did have something in common.

LG lost a scrim to Spartans team 5-8. Watched most of the scrim. APG isn't very good. His bad stats all throughout Halo 5 are no lie. Constantly got shit on by Spartan as I was watching Spartans stream. For an agressive player APG usually was at the bottom in dmg dealt and kills. Rayne isn't much of an improvement over Ninja if at all. Hoping Saiyan leaves this mess of a team. Trippey also deserves better.

Saiyan is the only star player on the team. Without him the team would struggle for top 8. APG blows.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Chicago Style STUFFED pizza will always and forever be the master race yo.

Giordano's and Lou Malnalti's >

New York is a solid #2 though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

You should be working for CoD. :(

I was searching a while back for news on a CoD API. There seems to be a want for one within the community but its never been announced.

Chicago Style STUFFED pizza will always and forever be the master race yo.

Giordano's and Lou Malnalti's >

New York is a solid #2 though.

From Chicago, and definitely not a fan of pizza pie

• Upvote (+1) 2

From Chicago, and definitely not a fan of pizza pie

North Side? Usually only hear that "pie" stuff from folks up north lol.

I would love to see a panel discussion with the 343/ESL-people and knowledgeable people from the community in the audience and that there is a kind of a no hold barred discussion. You can ask anything and they must answer. Like a court. Everyday I wonder how the fuck they took all these idiotic decisions. Why!? It´s driving me crazy.

After 15 years of everyday Halo I am not playing anymore, don´t follow the Halo media or even esport. I have approximately 0,5 % of my interest left. And that 0,5% goes to Beyond and this thread. But I mostly read. Read about pizza, COD, MLG and everything but Halo. My passion doing memes or contribute is more or less gone.

I have always tried to be positive and to be nice but no....343 is just a big bunch of losers killing one of the best franchise in gaming history. And I am even a bigger loser that have kept them destroying things and I still have continued to care and being a supporter of the games (by playing).

• Upvote (+1) 9

This break has killed all hype for me. I dont even care for intel anymore.

@@Teapot how come no one has added a static scoreboard for h1 yet?

If Halo wants to be kinda relevant, they need to release a title every 2 years. 3 years for a broken game and poorly managed pro league won't survive in the exploding Esports market.

The frequency of a release is irrelevant. It's the quality of a game. The biggest esports haven't had new releases IN YEARS - because the games stand the test of time.

Yes 3 years is a long time for a game to be broken- that's why one shouldn't release broken games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

100%, people say Halo 4 was the start of the downfall but people seem to forget reach and how it paved the way for this new generation of Halo with poor colours, poor aesthetics and poor mechanics.

I used to feel this way, until I learned that H4 was mostly developed in parallel with Reach, and with Bungie basically shunning 343.

H4 appears to piggy back off of Reach, but in reality, 343 came up with all that bullshit on their own. Basically, Bungie and 343 simultaneously decided to persue industry trends rather than stay true to what makes halo, halo.

The key difference is 343 had almost no Bungie employees, and a lead designer who explicitly wanted to make H4 unrecognizable to the rest of the franchise.

Yes. I've casted near single digit team attendance Halo events pre-HCS in EU so 32 teams is a vast improvement. Not sure how 'literally winning one game' gets you into champ bracket however... HCS London is a single double-elim bracket where you need to place t3 to get to Denver (where t2 qualify into Champ)

Worth noting also that the majority of the investment into eu has been into pro league with little/no support for the open scene. The height of the competition is arguably significantly better than LATAM (StW's 0-10, 0-4 vs fabE at HWC being the major indicators).

Numbers wise it makes sense for LATAM to be supported and I'd love to see it

I agree, seeing this kind of team attendance improvement at this point in H5 lifecycle is actually quite encouraging.  I wonder where EU team numbers would be with a similar number of LANs to NA.  Certainly not the 90+ as seen at DH but it would be substantially better than now i would hope. Hopefully, if H6 is good we can hit the ground running and get more local as well as big LANs going.  Might be a bit too hopeful though, we shall see.

Completely agree about greater support to LATAM though, quite simply a no brainer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for the double post but did Ninja quit halo or move to another team?

Struggling to keep up with everything at the moment.

Sorry for the double post but did Ninja quite halo or move to another team?

Struggling to keep up with everything at the moment.

he's taking a break this season. Said there would be clashes with his schedule and pro league. Plus twitchcon (which he is going to) and dreamhack Denver are the same weekend, so he wouldn't be able to play at the season finals
  • Upvote (+1) 2

he's taking a break this season. Said there would be clashes with his schedule and pro league. Plus twitchcon (which he is going to) and dreamhack Denver are the same weekend, so he wouldn't be able to play at the season finals

Thank you!

New GoT leaked and there are spoilers already. Stay safe out there.

PSA: The quality is a lot worse than the last leaked episode

100%, people say Halo 4 was the start of the downfall but people seem to forget reach and how it paved the way for this new generation of Halo with poor colours, poor aesthetics and poor mechanics.

It also set a dangerous precedent for putting immersion above fun gameplay.

New GoT leaked and there are spoilers already. Stay safe out there.

Just one episode leaked?

It is still not impressive. 343 has been giving plenty of money to the EU scene and the turnout has been really bad. Of course you don't see it that way because you are an european caster, you want your scene to grow, I don't blame you. I kinda don't mind 343 giving some support to the EU scene but when you think about it, if they invested that much money on the Latam region, it would help the HCS a lot more than them throwing money at a dead european scene and keep ignoring that a fucking lot of people play Halo 5 competitively in Latin America. I say it again, make some 5k online tournaments in Latam, I'm sure the turnout would be five times better than if EU did the same, I don't want to talk about LAN or make comparisons because traveling from one country to another in Latam is not cheap like in Europe, going to some LAN in let's say Mexico City is impossible to 70% of all competitive players, yet the turnout for the World Qualifiers was not bad at all. Sorry if this feels like I'm attacking the EU guys but for me the truth is the EU scene isn't gonna grow, doesn't matter how much more money 343 keeps investing there, it's time to move on and start paying attention to other regions where a lot of people actually play Halo, not just 100 people.

European halo is growing? Attendance to open events has increased every single time? We have the best placings we have ever had in halo 5?

Would love to see LATAM get some love though I agree. 

Edit - @@Wonderboy answered better than me.

• Upvote (+1) 7