CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Literally heard nothing but im praying to god it goes more classic and Halo gets back to its core roots gameplay wise, Halo has been in an identity crisis since Halo 4.

Just catching up so sorry if others have commented but I think it even goes back to h3. We just got shielded from it when they removed half the equipment. Reach AA continued the crisis......and was really when map design was destroyed

You should be working for CoD. :(

It really doesn't matter, it's data and statistics. Either way it's good for building up a portfolio/CV.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You should be working for CoD. :(

There's one thing that Halo for sure beats CoD: API. As far as I know, CoD doesn't even have an API. That's pretty bad for such a large game. Same thing for Overwatch, though I think they're working on one.

ESL can't announce anything if MLG is running Worlds 2018 :)

343 plz

If everything us finalized and all parties involed are informed, there is no reason not to announce a TO change if thats what it is. Give the players and fans some heads up so that everyone doesnt bail once this season is over

alright we need a shake up. best pizza chain?

my vote is for dominos

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I feel bad for everyone getting their hopes up about MLG running this game in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

my vote is for dominos

Too hard. My top 3 in no particular order:

Dominos

Barros

Hungry Howies

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would it be?

This game is done.

If only we had a no sprint tournament to bring it back.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is impressive considering EU Halos lacklustre open LAN attendance previously and is on track to be the highest turnout for an EU event since 2010 halo 3

Does EU Halo really have that poor of attendance?  Literally winning one match will place you in champ bracket...

If this is the case, why doesn't 343/ESL drop or significantly shrink the EU footprint in HCS and give it to LATAM?

• Upvote (+1) 7

I feel bad for everyone getting their hopes up about MLG running this game in the future.

Last time I done that I got heavily disappointed and had a bad day over it. I'm not going to believe anything until I actually see it happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is impressive considering EU Halos lacklustre open LAN attendance previously and is on track to be the highest turnout for an EU event since 2010 halo 3

It is still not impressive. 343 has been giving plenty of money to the EU scene and the turnout has been really bad. Of course you don't see it that way because you are an european caster, you want your scene to grow, I don't blame you. I kinda don't mind 343 giving some support to the EU scene but when you think about it, if they invested that much money on the Latam region, it would help the HCS a lot more than them throwing money at a dead european scene and keep ignoring that a fucking lot of people play Halo 5 competitively in Latin America. I say it again, make some 5k online tournaments in Latam, I'm sure the turnout would be five times better than if EU did the same, I don't want to talk about LAN or make comparisons because traveling from one country to another in Latam is not cheap like in Europe, going to some LAN in let's say Mexico City is impossible to 70% of all competitive players, yet the turnout for the World Qualifiers was not bad at all. Sorry if this feels like I'm attacking the EU guys but for me the truth is the EU scene isn't gonna grow, doesn't matter how much more money 343 keeps investing there, it's time to move on and start paying attention to other regions where a lot of people actually play Halo, not just 100 people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does EU Halo really have that poor of attendance? Literally winning one match will place you in champ bracket...

If this is the case, why doesn't 343/ESL drop or significantly shrink the EU footprint in HCS and give it to LATAM?

ESL is done in eu. It's all gfinity now

• Upvote (+1) 2

my vote is for dominos

I don't rate pizzas from pizza chains. But them sides from Dominos are amazing! Brownies and Cookies are best things ever from a food chain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

my vote is for dominos

Papa John's > Pizza Hut > Dominos

/thread

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does EU Halo really have that poor of attendance? Literally winning one match will place you in champ bracket...

Yes. I've casted near single digit team attendance Halo events pre-HCS in EU so 32 teams is a vast improvement. Not sure how 'literally winning one game' gets you into champ bracket however... HCS London is a single double-elim bracket where you need to place t3 to get to Denver (where t2 qualify into Champ)

Worth noting also that the majority of the investment into eu has been into pro league with little/no support for the open scene. The height of the competition is arguably significantly better than LATAM (StW's 0-10, 0-4 vs fabE at HWC being the major indicators).

Numbers wise it makes sense for LATAM to be supported and I'd love to see it

• Upvote (+1) 7

No chain pizza is good pizza

I honestly don't know how anyone eats chain pizza unless its a last resort situation. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Papa John's > Pizza Hut > Dominos

/thread

We don't have Papa John's in Australia, yet I still agree with this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does EU Halo really have that poor of attendance?  Literally winning one match will place you in champ bracket...

EU Halo is so poor 343 Industries and ESL continually guarantee them top eight or top sixteen finishes.