CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've tried it and from the moment I started my first game, something just seemed to feel "off" about the game to me.  I messed with my settings for hours.  X and Y axis sensitivity, key bindings... everything.  The aiming just didn't feel like what I was used to.

Finally, it hit me.  I knew what was wrong.  I dug around my room and found a 2.5lb free weight (I'm going for tone, not bulk), and tied to it my mouse with a rope so I have to drag it along my desk every time I aim.  Now the aiming finally feels like what I'm used to with Halo.

pc heavy aim?

2506796974_513208647c_b.jpg

Remember when MLG used to put other games like Gears of War on their smaller side stages at events?

I wish we were those games now :(

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'd like to make a note that a new and smaller studio made a better feeling shooter than 343. 

LawBreakers is a must play. 

looks like a shitty Overwatch clone to me, can you describe how the gameplay feels?  what's impressive about it?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I feel like it boils down to the production of the streams, not really any hype for any event. Halo could do so much more on social media to make you more familiar with players and know their stories so you'd want to get behind them. I feel like that's why I watch CoD, because I want certain teams/players to win (not just Optic) and I enjoy the production even though I still don't know the ins and out of IW. 

MLG knows how to get the viewer invested. They are better at story building, stream production, live production, and casting talent. I personally like watching CoD, but I would never play it. MLG is the reason why I watch CoD. Imagine if CoD IW had ESL as the tournament organizer. I guarantee you they would be in worse shape than Halo at the moment. MLG needs to be involved with Halo again, or else Halo will officially be dead.

quite possibly the best one of the show

636054081686578544828256841_Screen%20Sho

While that is a good one, there are honestly far too many to name the best.

Identity theft 

Pavlov's breath mint

Xmas desk

Asian Jim

Future Dwight faxes

Dwight's bathroom desk

Ultimate guide to throwing a garden party by James Trickinton book

Just to name a few...

*Jim face*

• Upvote (+1) 4

While that is a good one, there are honestly far too many to name the best.

Identity theft 

Pavlov's breath mint

Xmas desk

Asian Jim

Future Dwight faxes

Dwight's bathroom desk

Ultimate guide to throwing a garden party by James Trickinton book

Just to name a few...

*Jim face*

I couldn't stand the office.  that type of awkward humor is just not my thing apparently.

Funny you say that..

https://twitter.com/AaGuy_/status/896844377305358337

You don't see anybody from Gears or CoD clambering to get ESL back, they may be good on PC's but they are awful for consoles.

Black Ops 3 was a better game than IW so they were able to survive the year with the game being tolerable out of the box. CoD IW would have struggled hardcore with ESL as the tournament organizer.

Black Ops 3 was a better game than IW so they were able to survive the year with the game being tolerable out of the box. CoD IW would have struggled hardcore with ESL as the tournament organizer.

Yep, this "down year" for CoD was 50x better than our best time, can't imagine the damage they'll do with CoD WWII and whatever CoD game Treyarch is working on. The future is bright for them.

I'm just sitting here praying that there's no wallrunning in Halo 6 and the stream is only down for a few hours for Dreamhack :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG knows how to get the viewer invested. They are better at story building, stream production, live production, and casting talent. I personally like watching CoD, but I would never play it. MLG is the reason why I watch CoD. Imagine if CoD IW had ESL as the tournament organizer. I guarantee you they would be in worse shape than Halo at the moment. MLG needs to be involved with Halo again, or else Halo will officially be dead.

Lol

COD has atleast 10 times as many active players.

A change in event organisers isn't going to drop COD below halo.

Lol

So you're saying that no sprint wouldn't make a difference then? Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I couldn't stand the office.  that type of awkward humor is just not my thing apparently.

Season 1 was more based on the British version of humor/awkwardness. It's honestly nothing like season 2 and beyond. Sure Michael is cringey but if you started in season one, it's no wonder it didn't take. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're saying that no sprint wouldn't make a difference then? Interesting.

Uh, what kind of mental gymnastics led you to this conclusion?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol

I was going to post a long winded response to this, but I will just say that IW is known as one of the worst CoDs ever, if not the worst at a casual level. MLG's involvement and Optic's success carried CoD this year.

Uh, what kind of mental gymnastics led you to this conclusion?

The same ones which you thought it would make a damn at this point ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The HCS budget is tiny but they're going to suddenly pay MLG the big bucks..

The HCS budget doesn't appear to be tiny, though... just poorly managed.

Also, why should we assume MLGs services will be notably more expensive than ESL. Also, not having viewers leave due to poor presentation and scheduling would probably be good for ROI.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've tried it and from the moment I started my first game, something just seemed to feel "off" about the game to me.  I messed with my settings for hours.  X and Y axis sensitivity, key bindings... everything.  The aiming just didn't feel like what I was used to.

Finally, it hit me.  I knew what was wrong.  I dug around my room and found a 2.5lb free weight (I'm going for tone, not bulk), and tied to it my mouse with a rope so I have to drag it along my desk every time I aim.  Now the aiming finally feels like what I'm used to with Halo.

:ace:  :apg:

The HCS budget doesn't appear to be tiny, though... just poorly managed.

2 million dollar prize pool.

Need to run an event? Here is $10,000 and 200,000 cables. Good luck, Chief.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just watched Ninja's video. Surprised no one has mentioned here but holy shit bluehole/pubg really do fix things within hours. The support they provide on a hourly, weekly and monthly basis is 2nd to maybe Valve.

This months big update was the 1st person servers and they were full of errors and lag when dropped but they literally fixed them overnight and they were smoother than they have ever been. It would be like if 343 recognized the shot registration is crap and the next morning you played 50 games and every head-shot counted. This moment really got me behind pubg and I'm out until H6.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was going to post a long winded response to this, but I will just say that IW is known as one of the worst CoDs ever, if not the worst at a casual level. MLG's involvement and Optic's success carried CoD this year.

You can't actually believe this.

What did the world champs finals viewership top out at? 200k? The game sold 10+ MILLION copies.

Esports is growing but it's still niche. Especially when it comes to console games.

The esports scene does not carry any console game.

IW survived because COD is still incredibly popular even despite its popularity downturn due to its gameplay alterations.

Halo didn't stay popular at all when it switched up its ganeplay.

The same ones which you thought it would make a damn at this point ;)

It's a game. How the actual game plays is by far the most important factor in its success.

Look at PUBG. It looks like shit. It's glitchy. It's not even finished ffs. But it plays really well so it's incredibly popular.

Fixing the gameplay is the ONLY way halo can regain it's footing.