CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have exactly zero hype until I see gameplay footage, and I don't see anyone sprint the whole match.

Any rumors about Halo 6 at all? Is it even coming out next year? 

Edit: Also would it be possible for Halo 6 to have LAN capabilities? Will the xx Xbox One X xx make that possible?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Literally heard nothing but im praying to god it goes more classic and Halo gets back to its core roots gameplay wise, Halo has been in an identity crisis since Halo 4.

Same. I mean, I don't really hate playing Halo 5, but I'd rather play classic Halo any day. I like playing Halo 5 than I do watching it compared to the older Halo games I liked watching more than playing. I watch this video every couple weeks 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're kidding right? It's a damn basketball arena and your opinion of its seating capacity is "it looked decent"?

I'm talking relative to other tier1 esports. Concert capacity is 16k but the upper tier wasn't used and the floor space was more structured than a concert with seating and production. I guessed 5k based on how it looked compared to other events but it could have been a bit more. It pretty much smashed any console esports event so what is the point of talking about it relative to lesser efforts other than to gush? Let CoD sit at the big kids table.

Literally heard nothing but im praying to god it goes more classic and Halo gets back to its core roots gameplay wise, Halo has been in an identity crisis since Halo 4.

Since Reach

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ninja said it best, they don't seem to care. If they don't seem to, why should you? The sad truth.

This is pretty much all there is to it. Its why when some people watch the MLG CoD event they start questioning why they even follow Halo at all. If MLG obviously puts so much passion and effort into their esport that it makes you realize just how much of a fuck 343/ESL does not give you'll start feeling like you should invest yourself in a scene that cares about itself as much or more than you do

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You see, i despise bleach for it been the beginning of sprint and shit but I can still see Halo in it. If i play Reach I still feel Halo at its core which is something i never got with 4 or 5 due to medals/guns/sounds/colours etc etc

At least with Reach I kind of enjoyed it. Same really can't be said for 4 or 5.

Halo 6 needs to seriously come back to its roots otherwise we might as well all enjoy even less people playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any rumors about Halo 6 at all? Is it even coming out next year?

Edit: Also would it be possible for Halo 6 to have LAN capabilities? Will the xx Xbox One X xx make that possible?

Bonnie ross has confirmed true lan and split screen for all future halo titles

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like it boils down to the production of the streams, not really any hype for any event. Halo could do so much more on social media to make you more familiar with players and know their stories so you'd want to get behind them. I feel like that's why I watch CoD, because I want certain teams/players to win (not just Optic) and I enjoy the production even though I still don't know the ins and out of IW.

Even if its not on social media, fill the long breaks between series with videos and hype content. "As we set yp for EG v whoever, we sat down with the twins roy and lunch to get their thoughts" as long as the video is about the current team, past team changes, rivalries, etc it should be great at getting people emotionally invested.

Our streams miss personal attachment. I dont want to hear that a team is young guns with great shots or old vets of the scene. Give me some sort of profile on them. Imagine how hype it wouldve been to have a video on the journey of splyce before the atlanta finals. Stolen seed, picking up an org before worlds, battling in the lcq after daytona performance. Thats an instant underdog story. And then another for optic. Lost fall finals, won worlds, lost daytona, fighting to regain dominance.

If those vids are 5-10 minutes each, they wouldve fit in the down time before finals. And honestly; we needed some pomp and circumstance like that before the relegation matches too

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like it boils down to the production of the streams, not really any hype for any event. Halo could do so much more on social media to make you more familiar with players and know their stories so you'd want to get behind them. I feel like that's why I watch CoD, because I want certain teams/players to win (not just Optic) and I enjoy the production even though I still don't know the ins and out of IW.

In a way you've got to credit the scene for that as well. They absolutely mastered Twitter before any other scene was really using it. Their rise has been a long time coming, think nV and Optic are native CoD orgs fighting for their first player to get 3 champs wins (the rings are an absolute genius representation of status). You have all these players that have been around as long as Halo but the way they've worked at it both players and orgs and with how the scene has been set up with texture (champs / majors / minors) for so long it creates deeper storylines.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You see, i despise bleach for it been the beginning of sprint and shit but I can still see Halo in it. If i play Reach I still feel Halo at its core which is something i never got with 4 or 5 due to medals/guns/sounds/colours etc etc

Totally agree, it still has that halo "feel" to it from campaign to multiplayer

on the bright side there was a scrim last night, splyce beat "oxy" 9-4

Holy fucking Shotzzy as usual

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja's right about everything in the video, except for his confusion about the event being the same weekend as Twitch Con.

The event is at Dreamhack Denver. It's not some Burbank, CA event ESL scheduled for the Twitch Con weekend.

I think his thoughts are more along the lines of Twitchcon being one of the most attended events of the year. So when people have to choose between going to Twitchcon or Dreamhack Denver, the obvious choice is Twitchcon. I don't think he was upset that the HCS tournament wasn't at Twitchcon, he's upset because it's on the exact same dates as Twitchcon.

It'd be like having the college football championship game in Cali (on CBS), but having 2 other crappy teams play in a bowl game in Denver on the same night (on ESPN 2).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think his thoughts are more along the lines of Twitchcon being one of the most attended events of the year. So when people have to choose between going to Twitchcon or Dreamhack Denver, the obvious choice is Twitchcon. I don't think he was upset that the HCS tournament wasn't at Twitchcon, he's upset because it's on the exact same dates as Twitchcon.

It'd be like having the college football championship game in Cali (on CBS), but having 2 other crappy teams play in a bowl game in Denver on the same night (on ESPN 2).

Idk not everyone cares about Twitchcon. Like I'm not really into H1Z1 and that's the only major event they have at twitchcon along with the panels etc so I can't say it is a huge loss. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

we just have a lot of issues lol

the game has issues

-broken aiming (jfc)

-shitty servers

-shitty settings forever

-no lan + split screen

-broken "spectator" mode

-the story sucked (this is important believe it or not)

-boring, very little variety all around

-no population cause of above issues

the hcs has issues

-they suck at social media

-can never build any momentum cause bad planning

-they suck at planning events

-they hired esl

-the HCS budget is apparently awful even though they spent $5M on prize money (jfc)

not to mention we haven't had a "good" halo game in about ten years  :(

The worst part about this list is the fact that it doesn't even include everything wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Would you be interested in casting for my no sprint tourney?

It pays nothing.

Also the tourney doesn't exist

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd like to make a note that a new and smaller studio made a better feeling shooter than 343. 

LawBreakers is a must play. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

-the HCS budget is apparently awful even though they spent $5M on prize money (jfc)

i feel like the prize money is designated by MS so that 343 and esl cant fuck that up too. it feels like a very corporate move to maximize revenue by cutting costs first and hoping that unpaid interns can run the sound system.

also, does anyone believe that another $100k i prize money has come from req sales? that would be at least $225k for summer and fall. i cant remember if worlds had req funding either, but that number just seems high for money spent on reqs that they give away with points and commendation packs. if it's true, i want a bravo stream req sale and a crowd mic req sale

Would you be interested in casting for my no sprint tourney?

It pays nothing.

Also the tourney doesn't exist

Brad is that you? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

we just have a lot of issues lol

the game has issues

-broken aiming (jfc)

-shitty servers

-shitty settings forever

-no lan + split screen

-broken "spectator" mode

-the story sucked (this is important believe it or not)

-boring, very little variety all around

-no population cause of above issues

the hcs has issues

-they suck at social media

-can never build any momentum cause bad planning

-they suck at planning events

-they hired esl

not to mention we haven't had a "good" halo game in about ten years :(

on the bright side there was a scrim last night, splyce beat "oxy" 9-4

The HCS budget is tiny but they're going to suddenly pay MLG the big bucks..

• Downvote (-1) 3