CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This "Overtime" Post-show for the CWL is atrocious.  :wutface:

Hate to see such a high-cost production go to waste. 

What do you think Rampage?

giphy.gif

This "Overtime" Post-show for the CWL is atrocious.  :wutface:

Hate to see such a high-cost production go to waste. 

Our last event post-show was a 7 minute wait screen  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

350k+ peak viewership. INSANE for such a trashcan of a game. Nobody puts lipstick on a pig like MLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I find that game so hard to watch,  but i couldnt tear myself away because MLG is :fire:  :fire:  :fire:  and it still got 215k viewers at the end there.  WWII is gonna be lit holy shit.

If WWII is anywhere near as good as what the pros are saying, Halo is Titanic levels of fucked.

Hecz's trophy cabinet is looking good this year.

only COD trophies get to live in the real trophy case. The Halo "trophies" reside in one of the guest bathrooms. 

350k+ peak viewership. INSANE for such a trashcan of a game. Nobody puts lipstick on a pig like MLG. 

Right? I despise IW with the passion of a thousand suns besides it's campaign, but fuck if watching MLG tournaments doesn't make me want to play it.

If WWII is anywhere near as good as what the pros are saying, Halo is Titanic levels of fucked.

I haven't really paid attention to WWII yet beyond pre-ordering for the beta, how positive are we talking?

Holy shit Formal hahahaha. Optic seem so good abusing the modern mechanics don't know how how they'll transition into WW2.

Serious question, Is this a joke?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hardly ever watch CoD, this is the first time I've watched competitive IW. Really seems like there's very little gunskill and it's more about setting up and rotating right. MLG makes it exciting to watch though, this production really puts us to an absolute shame. Not to mention the venue.

Mobility and Positioning Skill Gap vs Aiming Skill Gap is a battle for the ages.

Or you can play Tribes or Lawbreakers and have both.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watching the award ceremony, I thought back to Halo Worlds. We are really a sad Esport, that stadium they played in is how any world championship should look like or at least similar. 

You've got to be realistic though how would we possibly fill that place. What was the capacity of that venue? It looked decent.

For a visual, to be just shy of 5k in the venue we would have to have as many teams show up as has even happened at a Halo event, each team would bring a coach and analyst. Then everyone on the team gets to bring 2 friends to cheer them on.

Props to CoD for absolutely smashing it.

@@OGreenWall just from watching today there were so many situations they were escaping from because of the mechanics. We'll see.

not really. 1. for all intents and purposes COD is a Sony "exclusive" with comp being on PS4. 2. There are many more PS4 consoles on the market than XBONES. 3. Halo has been Titanically fucked since shitty Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

we don't need a stadium, we just need something better than the ESL janitors closet and tent

and what has Halo done to earn better facilities? This franchise hasn't been relevant since Halo 3 and that was 10 years ago. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

Right? I despise IW with the passion of a thousand suns besides it's campaign, but fuck if watching MLG tournaments doesn't make me want to play it.

This happened last time I watched CWL. I played all of 1 game. IW is hot ass but MLG makes it more than palatable. I know certain people here hate the MLG circle-jerk but they back up they are the best every event.

Hasn't signed in since 2013. Still tags him.

Just in case right?  ;)

Habit :D

Its honestly frustrating and depressing knowing where we came from, where we used to be, getting a glimpse of what could be and then seeing where we're actually at and having to put up with.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This happened last time I watched CWL. I played all of 1 game. IW is hot ass but MLG makes it more than palatable. I know certain people here hate the MLG circle-jerk but they back up they are the best every event.

Yeah, it happened to me a few months ago. I lasted three or four games before rage-quitting.

Talk about you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

Its honestly frustrating and depressing knowing where we came from, where we used to be, getting a glimpse of what could be and then seeing where we're actually at and having to put up with.

NOBODY plays Halo anymore, just like nobody plays croquet anymore. Halo was just another fad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7