CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Gears settings are awful. Splitting the userbase into two settings is dumbest thing I've seen done in a competitive game. Now they are nerfing wallbouncing too. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wise (Cloud & DemonD) ran with Musa and Danoxide and beat the team of Randa Scaryotic Brainstorm and Munoz 9-1 pretty badly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do the AMs not realize that it's ESL's fault and not his? 

Little of column A. Little of column B.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Newbee got rest and side selection (which is huge in DotA). They did away with 1 game advantage a few years ago at fan request and for time constraints.

TL ARE THE CHAMPS

Are you telling me that @@Cooper was right all along  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you telling me that @@Cooper was right all along  :wutface:

Not in Halo, where games take like 5-10 minutes, but in DotA where draft takes 10 minutes and then the game itself takes anywhere from 25 to 120...

• Upvote (+1) 2

One of the most impressive things about MLG imo is that they're so quick to get matches on youtube - I missed the OG/Faze match and the nV/EU match yesterday and I'm able to just go to youtube and watch it (like 12 hours later)

we can thank ESL for being the biggest dead weight in console esports.

The hcs team/council (whoever these mysterious ppl are) are pretty garbo too.

But esl seems to be pretty disliked in other communities from what ive looked into.

how much does it cost to update a bracket and record stats?

but seriously, if you're looking to cut costs do we really need 8-9 casters for just one stream?

It is weird we have so many casters lol. While its a nice gesture, especially taking some of the community guys to cast, id say some of them just arent up to par for the bigger events.

They could be utilizing ppl like towey and ogre2 more in the booth if they're up for it because they were damn good when they've been there. Or you could be trying to pull in some of the pros when they arent playing to give insight.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It is weird we have so many casters lol. While its a nice gesture, especially taking some of the community guys to cast, id say some of them just arent up to par for the bigger events.

They could be utilizing ppl like towey and ogre2 more in the booth if they're up for it because they were damn good when they've been there. Or you could be trying to pull in some of the pros when they arent playing to give insight.

Please leave the talent alone. No we do not have an excessive amount of them for a large scale event and I would rather not shit on one of the few home grown aspects of the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wise (Cloud & DemonD) ran with Musa and Danoxide and beat the team of Randa Scaryotic Brainstorm and Munoz 9-1 pretty badly.

@@Cratos for musa and we got us a team

what's more important

-having a second stream

-having 8 casters

the talent isn't working for free, i hear some of them do quite well actually 

seems like a waste of resources imo

Has it been offered up that it is either / or? Considering multiple casters are part of 343i there is surely the possibility that internal resources are being spent rather than the event budget.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has it been offered up that it is either / or? Considering multiple casters are part of 343i there is surely the possibility that internal resources are being spent rather than the event budget.

That could be true but many of them aren't 343 employees.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no but hypothetically i'd trade less casters for a second stream

or having a frequently updated bracket

or etc

One of the most impressive things about MLG imo is that they're so quick to get matches on youtube - I missed the OG/Faze match and the nV/EU match yesterday and I'm able to just go to youtube and watch it (like 12 hours later)

Often times I miss days of the halo tourneys, but the Halo channel on twitch will already have the rebroadcast posted for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Often times I miss days of the halo tourneys, but the Halo channel on twitch will already have the rebroadcast posted for me.

Rebroadcasts of twitch go up immediately, he's talking YouTube though. Much more user-friendly to watch rebroadcasts, and for example, if you're at work you may have twitch blocked but not youtube ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

i saw this on reddit. any know if there is truth to this?

z5j54gullefz.png

I'm going to go with no. WWII comes out after dreamhack aka another paycheck. That would be stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm going to go with no. WWII comes out after dreamhack aka another paycheck. That would be stupid.

I agree, but it's possible he could be fed up with all the HCS stuff and wants to get a jump into CoD before the new game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i dont know how seasons and points work for cwl, but if he has a team and org lined up, maybe they want him to come in now to earn points now? or maybe they can offer him more cash to switch now than just staying in halo for denver?

i would love to see huke stay but if hcs isnt going to announce their format and league changes till after denver, then it will be hard to convince him to stay