CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Apparently tech and timelines is stopping 343 from adding skins made by Orgs into the game.

343 turning into Valve now

"Technology isnt there"

So we're complaining about prize pools at community events now?

I don't think anyone is asking for money but a fucking worthless REQ is so off putting I don't want to go even though there is one near me. If I could win a controller or a game or maybe a console for the stores that get a large amount of people it would be good prizes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think anyone is asking for money but a fucking worthless REQ is so off putting I don't want to go even though there is one near me. If I could win a controller or a game or maybe a console for the stores that get a large amount of people it would be good prizes.

What?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What?

People just want higher stakes, church bingo shouldn't have higher stakes than a Microsoft hosted billion dollar IP store tournament.

I get they can't do money, but there gotta be something else to entice people to go.

Tashi said they are looking to do controllers, Xbox One X, and better prizes in the future. 

https://twitter.com/Tashi343i/status/889635779835822082 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Id rather have an "I love 343" shirt than a trash REQ pack.

HCS package of gear would be a pretty cool prize tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 4

they're waiting for the Xbox One X to release. People that win the event probably have an Xbox One. 

343 turning into Valve now

"Technology isnt there"

Valve would never claim that the technology to add skins to a game is not there though lol thats fucking idiotic.

Skins are nearly pure profit, especially when you use the community to create them.

Whether its people paying for skins or people playing the game for them, they are getting return on them.

I would go to one of the Microsoft tournament's if the prize wasn't a fucking Platinum REQ Pack. I would take almost ANYTHING else over that. How cheap can they be? They can't give away a shirt or a code for the announcer voice packs? How about a controller? I would take a Halo action figure. A REQ pack is insulting to me.

I don't expect much but a REQ pack...i mean, fuck

Same, especially when i have pretty much everything already

Ok big deal. The event isnt for you... its essentially a meet and greet for halo fans.

If they add better prizes cool, if not it'll be a fun time for those into hanging out and playing halo...

• Upvote (+1) 3

People complaining abput prizes of community events lmao, they also already said they will give out stuff like controllers etc.

These events are not for you

• Upvote (+1) 2

I came to say that I was bummed I couldn't make it to dreamhack or even watch it this weekend but that am loving the VOD tonight, only to find us complaining about the prizes of local tournaments. Lol never change TB.

Any tips on how to convince your gf that she actually wants to celebrate her birthday in a convention center in denver?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tashi said they are looking to do controllers, Xbox One X, and better prizes in the future. 

All of that information was already announced, I believe.

To be eligible for the Xbox One X prize, you have to participate in all 3 of the MS store events at your location (FFA, 2v2, 4v4 - all about one month apart from each other).  I can't remember what the eligibility requirements were for the custom controllers.

Just FYI for those interested.

Every time I see a Tashi or Quinn tweet, I move that much further away from Halo and more towards CoD and Destiny... bums me the hell out man...

I'm really curious how you come to the point that you have very long timelines and/or poor technology to the point that its hard for you to implement weapon skins in the game in any sort of reasonable time frame. Everyone else seems to handle that situation much more quickly

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really curious how you come to the point that you have very long timelines and/or poor technology to the point that its hard for you to implement weapon skins in the game in any sort of reasonable time frame. Everyone else seems to handle that situation much more quickly

Every other dev handles everything much more quickly then 343. They're slow to do anything, and most of the time they don't do it right the first time (or first few) and need fixes.

Lol, thought this was funny. The whole thread is an interesting read, too.

https://twitter.com/tashi343i/status/889664779106648064

I was thinking the req packs we're weak too, but this is a reasonable explanation from Tashi. Just come out to come out because it is Halo, like you're going over to a friend's house - that's cool with me.

Also, if you had a bigger prize pool people might start getting a little salty during the later rounds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they should just give the Xbox 1 X away as a prize for these community events. It may be the only way they move any units. 

• Downvote (-1) 3