CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like to stay positive. I wouldn't say those words are extreme or exaggerations by any means. I'm not comparing us to other esports or making numbers up, I'm simply judging things off of where we were and where we are. We just had an incredible HCS Open turnout and basically a national holiday where over a thousand Halo fans across the nation competed. It's not a lot of light but its certainly some.

The few hundred people there competing/watching are not nearly as important as the 5k-15k thousand watching at home.

And the production was just as horrible, if not worse, than it ever was.

The event was not a success in my eyes because the majority of people who watched the event, did not have a good experience.

6 hours of downtime. Missing a game of Grand Finals. No stats even tried to be recorded. Several important matches not streamed (YAY PERISCOPE IN 2017!).

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what interesting shit is going down? All I can think of is some negotiations in Saiyans move from LG to Liquid but maybe it's bigger then that 

Saiyan is not leaving LG, come on people.

Hoping for Snipedown to Splyce for the sake of our esport. The Lethul vs Snipedown grand finals rivalry needs to continue for years to come.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Dont know if this has been talked about at all..

but tomorrow, Enable plays Str8 Rippin. When was the last time that happened?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Who are you teaming with? Heard you left Gosu Crew.

Yessirrrr, just running with a few teams as of rn can't say but you'll see, gosu was great just felt like we didn't perform too our best almost losing too a pickup squad with 2 months of practice :/

Dont know if this has been talked about at all..

but tomorrow, Enable plays Str8 Rippin. When was the last time that happened?

Columbus 2011, LBR7 Str8 beat SQ (with Enable) 3-1.

That's the last one I could find.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yessirrrr, just running with a few teams as of rn can't say but you'll see, gosu was great just felt like we didn't perform too our best almost losing too a pickup squad with 2 months of practice :/

Who keeps the org

The few hundred people there competing/watching are not nearly as important as the 5k-15k thousand watching at home.

And the production was just as horrible, if not worse, than it ever was.

The event was not a success in my eyes because the majority of people who watched the event, did not have a good experience.

6 hours of downtime. Missing a game of Grand Finals. No stats even tried to be recorded. Several important matches not streamed (YAY PERISCOPE IN 2017!).

Both are equally important. Maybe not if you're looking at it from the pipedream of chasing imaginary numbers as a 'spectator esport' but without a dedicated core scene what's the point? The whole experience becomes neutered and in reality you lose viewers because what you're selling (the aspiration and shared admiration of being the best in the world at something) becomes worthless. That's why people beg for crowd mics because that sound is what you're selling.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Both are equally important. Maybe not if you're looking at it from the pipedream of chasing imaginary numbers as a 'spectator esport' but without a dedicated core scene what's the point? The whole experience becomes neutered and in reality you lose viewers because what you're selling (the aspiration and shared admiration of being the best in the world at something) becomes worthless. That's why people beg for crowd mica because that sound is what you're selling.

Both are important. The production that has the most eyes on it is more important imo.

Also, the no crowd mics is just another fault of the production, so add that to the list.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who keeps the org

I left so they decided too become a to3 so them, I'm just an f/a rn grinding

FTFY

But that opens a discussion about why someone would choose to compete in video games if thats all they cared about in life. Not the best option and definitely not a smart investment in its current state. We are building something from the ground up and have been for the past 20 years. It's not going to be entirely lucrative for another 20.

If you don't love what you do and would do it without getting paid then the chances of you succeeding are pretty slim.

Not many people enjoy playing 343 halo either though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad we can dust off this off again with all the talks of being on the rise :weback:

:intensifies:

Dayum. Might be the first CoD major that tips them into stadium territory, dat next tier. The international finishes Saturday as well, CSGO still in the off season, big opportunity for CoD.

#tweetdastream

• Upvote (+1) 1

i guess it's a good thing they didnt drop players for focus back in the day

https://youtu.be/-yyX32u6Mmg?t=22s

I think people missunderstood that twitch chat. Skeptical said that Ace said to someone "You can't focus" mid series. Not that himself couldn't focus.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think people missunderstood that twitch chat. Skeptical said that Ace said to someone "You can't focus" mid series. Not that himself couldn't focus.

no im pretty sure he meant ace said he couldn't focus

• Upvote (+1) 2