CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

this really does sound like my wife's federal govt job. she is a pm for a dev team and here's how it goes

• problem found (new user story, bug, feature change)
  • propose fix/implementation to committee 1
  • if approved. it goes to committee 2
  • rinse and repeat until committee 5 approves
  • why can't you just do it and ask for permission later i ask. committee 5 are the only admins who can put new code into productio

every committee is different and each has conflicting "you can do this if you do___" this shit is process for changing the color of an icon or fixing an app breaking bug and it can take months to do something.

point is this shit is done because management is more worried about failing than trying to improve, they want to hold power, and they don't trust their employees. the pro team could have created amazing things and 343 could have some of the best employees, but until management steps out of the way, nothing will get better

glassdoor reviews

zdyVKeE.png

Those are easily the worst AAA developer reviews I've ever seen

@@Clap, the cwl results page has red reserve beating alg 3-0 when alg won 3-1

also gg to alg getting second in their group. hopefully they make a run this weekend for their last tourney

korean players are spread across multiple markets already. its the same in league as well. nothing new there. also, since apex will continue, there is no reason for some of the big names of korean ow to buy in. korean players can stay at home or go to owl. as to sharing markets, it makes sense to share a market. if that 20 mil includes setting up a place to play, having 2 teams share that responsibility allows the 20 mil to spread out longer. i would imagine that money is a guarentee that the league will weather a few years while it finds its footing. as to optic, i doubt thay would jump in without a team, but so many na and eu players have stepped away from the game because of uncertainty of the future. now would be the best time to hop in and pick up some good talent and if they want in ow, then they sooner they do it the better. done properly, it could be a real money maker and by starting at the beginning, they have a better shot at maximizing money, building teams, and integrate their vision into the league

I don't see why sharing markets is better than having more markets represented especially when many big markets in EU and NA exist. It's fine to share markets when the league is established, but it feels like cutting a pie into 16 pieces instead of eight. 

Those are easily the worst AAA developer reviews I've ever seen

By how much?

"Feels like a startup company at times, trying to figure out how to produce a game, despite them already shipping Halo 4 and 5. Part of this may be due to the fact that they've had a lot of people leave after Halo 5."

Dude Halo is so fucked.

Don't worry we got this. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Who is this guy that looks like he took third place in the low rent Shiela Buff look a like contest?

Oh my god

LG is scrimming with Rayne vs Spartan's "pick up" team from yesterday. (Spartan, Commonly, Heinz, BabyJ) LG about to be up 2-0.

Spartan is the only one streaming I believe.

"Feels like a startup company at times, trying to figure out how to produce a game, despite them already shipping Halo 4 and 5. Part of this may be due to the fact that they've had a lot of people leave after Halo 5."

Dude Halo is so fucked.

Now we know why H6 is coming out in 2019

• Upvote (+1) 1

LG is scrimming with Rayne vs Spartan's "pick up" team from yesterday. (Spartan, Commonly, Heinz, BabyJ) LG about to be up 2-0.

So has Ninja officially confirmed that he is done with Halo?

Yeah, Spartan is the only one streaming it. Trippey ended his stream before the scrim started. Saiyan and Trippey have been streaming regularly recently so it's a bummer that they are scrimming off stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So has Ninja officially confirmed that he is done with Halo?

Not yet. Some rumors say he is benched while he does Twitchcon instead of Dreamhack Denver. Him being pro in all Halo, H1Z1 and now PUBG for Luminosity it's really a matter of time before he retires from Halo 5 at least. May see him in H6 or Destiny 2 if that becomes a thing. 

Not yet. Some rumors say he is benched while he does Twitchcon instead of Dreamhack Denver. Him being pro in all Halo, H1Z1 and now PUBG for Luminosity it's really a matter of time before he retires from Halo 5 at least. May see him in H6 or Destiny 2 if that becomes a thing. 

I've always thought the solo survival genre of H1Z1 and PUBG is just a fad that will wear out after this year. The games are a bit too repetitive and luck based to maintain the huge spike in popularity they've received.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watching CWL and IW looks like clunky Titanfall.

i assure you destiny 2 won't be an esports game

• Upvote (+1) 6

i assure you destiny 2 won't be an esports game

It doesn't have to become an esports game for him to be super successful with it, and with the Destiny community, it certainly is possible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always thought the solo survival genre of H1Z1 and PUBG is just a fad that will wear out after this year. The games are a bit too repetitive and luck based to maintain the huge spike in popularity they've received.

Yea I mean both games are still in alpha, the rng of both games will continue getting better. PUBG has been super fast about patching and their transparency blows anything 343 does out of the water. Also even since they just announced LG being at Gamescom, they already have all the teams' logos spray painted in graffiti in the playable game including LG. I think the scene may stay a bit longer than expected if they keep up with the demand of these players and their short attention spans. Give them a good ranking system, better luck, stay transparent and it can retain.

Also not quite in the same realm but some repetitive games have seen success. See CSGO.