CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What's the TTK like in WW2?

The pros said the TTK is similar to Ghosts

Balancing the energy sword: who would have thought that would be necessary :kappa:

The brightness of the weapon which impedes user vision balances out the speed boost and long zoomed-in lunge range. This weapon is perfectly balanced.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm concerned about no health regen in WW2. Having a dedicated medic in 4v4 competitive cod seems very weird.

There is a health regen in multiplayer. 

Nah tbh its pretty stupid even in a market like LA because the best OW players are from Korea and yet Korea gets one franchise spot (so far) in Seoul and its owned by someone who isn't even endemic to Korean esports. 

While the NA gets the most love so far and its not the strongest OW region by far. 

Also zero way OG gets an Overwatch League spot. 

1) They aren't in the mood for having someone buy into OpTic in order to afford it

2) Hecz has mentioned not getting an OW team before

3) It doesn't fit the Optic brand 

korean players are spread across multiple markets already. its the same in league as well. nothing new there. also, since apex will continue, there is no reason for some of the big names of korean ow to buy in. korean players can stay at home or go to owl. as to sharing markets, it makes sense to share a market. if that 20 mil includes setting up a place to play, having 2 teams share that responsibility allows the 20 mil to spread out longer. i would imagine that money is a guarentee that the league will weather a few years while it finds its footing. as to optic, i doubt thay would jump in without a team, but so many na and eu players have stepped away from the game because of uncertainty of the future. now would be the best time to hop in and pick up some good talent and if they want in ow, then they sooner they do it the better. done properly, it could be a real money maker and by starting at the beginning, they have a better shot at maximizing money, building teams, and integrate their vision into the league

Weapon tuning update from today's Community Update

3 items discussed:

1. Active Camo is going to be harder to spot.

2. Base movement speed with the sword is going to be decreased.

3. Beam Rifle hip fire receiving the same "nerf" that the sniper rifle received.

They said there are going to be 12 more sandbox adjustments shared in the coming weeks.

Source:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/haze-of-glory

Why is this such a long drawn out process?

Honestly, it's probably because they have very little to talk about on the H5 front these days. There aren't any more content releases coming, there are no Pro League updates because we're between seasons, and they're not ready to talk even broadly about H6 yet. Last week's "7000 words about nothing" really wasn't a joke. They don't have enough content on the near horizon to fill up a weekly blog. I agree though, the drip feed on this stuff is annoying. 

Honestly, it's probably because they have very little to talk about on the H5 front these days. There aren't any more content releases coming, there are no Pro League updates because we're between seasons, and they're not ready to talk even broadly about H6 yet. Last week's "7000 words about nothing" really wasn't a joke. They don't have enough content on the near horizon to fill up a weekly blog. I agree though, the drip feed on this stuff is annoying. 

It's not like we have another ~year and a half of this  :walshy: .

• Upvote (+1) 2

WW2 is a ton of fun to play. Very snappy animations, very responsive.

It might be fun to play, and ill get it, but so far the gameplay vids havent excited me at all

I sure hope that's not the idea.

Why not just update the sandbox, and allow a discussion to be had around that, instead of cryptically talking about the what we'll be talking about later.

This nonsense is just pushing me to tune out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know where to find the clip of T2 getting handed "candy" from his coach but it's done in a really sketchy way? All I remember is it going back to the casters and Walshy having the funniest face. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

this really does sound like my wife's federal govt job. she is a pm for a dev team and here's how it goes

• problem found (new user story, bug, feature change)
  • propose fix/implementation to committee 1
  • if approved. it goes to committee 2
  • rinse and repeat until committee 5 approves
  • why can't you just do it and ask for permission later i ask. committee 5 are the only admins who can put new code into productio

every committee is different and each has conflicting "you can do this if you do___" this shit is process for changing the color of an icon or fixing an app breaking bug and it can take months to do something.

point is this shit is done because management is more worried about failing than trying to improve, they want to hold power, and they don't trust their employees. the pro team could have created amazing things and 343 could have some of the best employees, but until management steps out of the way, nothing will get better

glassdoor reviews

zdyVKeE.png

Yep, 343 has the efficiency of the federal government lmao. 

It might be fun to play, and ill get it, but so far the gameplay vids havent excited me at all

It's not groundbreaking.  Just a nice, basic, grounded Call of Duty.  I fully expect BO3 to have more players than WW2 by like March of next year honestly.

then why did ace say it was in 2 days lol you'd think he would know smh 

At the time, the roster lock was set for today, the 10th of August.  It was extended.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah COD is COD 

Game play 

- Run and gun

- Corner camp

- 360 n0 scopezz

Guns

- SMG: Pick the one that fires the fastest 

- Assault Rifle: You have 2 options (1) lower damage but easy recoil (2) Higher damage but higher recoil

- Shotguns: usually worthless or a troll weapon

- LMG: See shotguns

- Sniper: Whatever is a one shot kill

Maps

Sledgehammer stays away from the 3 lane predictable maps of Treyarch. You tend to just get a maze with no real rhyme or reason. Some can play really fun, others not so much, kinda a crap shoot.

So while we're all excited about no jetpacks and shit, I feel like the world might just be tired of the COD formula I listed above. Not when the game releases, maybe not after 2 months, but after Christmas I bet most people that know any better will be pretty tired of COD because all COD's boil down to using only 2-3 guns that matter, running and gunning, or corner camping. 

I don't have much to say about competitive COD. I'm surprised how much it has taken off, and that's great and I'm sure it will grow even more with boots on the ground - just not my thing. To me competitive COD is a twitchy cluster fuck. If I was pro I'd probably think it was fun but I'm not.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah COD is COD 

Game play 

- Run and gun

- Corner camp

- 360 n0 scopezz

Guns

- SMG: Pick the one that fires the fastest 

- Assault Rifle: You have 2 options (1) lower damage but easy recoil (2) Higher damage but higher recoil

- Shotguns: usually worthless or a troll weapon

- LMG: See shotguns

- Sniper: Whatever is a one shot kill

Maps

Sledgehammer stays away from the 3 lane predictable maps of Treyarch. You tend to just get a maze with no real rhyme or reason. Some can play really fun, others not so much, kinda a crap shoot.

So while we're all excited about no jetpacks and shit, I feel like the world might just be tired of the COD formula I listed above. Not when the game releases, maybe not after 2 months, but after Christmas I bet most people that know any better will be pretty tired of COD because all COD's boil down to using only 2-3 guns that matter, running and gunning, or corner camping. 

I don't have much to say about competitive COD. I'm surprised how much it has taken off, and that's great and I'm sure it will grow even more with boots on the ground - just not my thing. To me competitive COD is a twitchy cluster fuck. If I was pro I'd probably think it was fun but I'm not.

"Twitchy clusterfuck" is the best description I've ever heard for IW pubs, well done.

• Upvote (+1) 3