CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Feels weird seeing C9 take a foothold in UK, as London is the hometown of fnatic i expected to see them step in, maybe by the looks off this maybe so did they... 

Especially when C9 is based in LA, have investments from people associated with the dodgers, and have an NA fanbase. 

I was thinking/hoping Opitc and a Texas sports organization were going to partner to purchase a OWL spot.

Team EnVyUs apparently received a $35 million investment from a Dallas based investor and will be moving to Dallas to take a Dallas League spot. Also accidental neg will make it up. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when they announced the prize pool for Worlds '16 and all of the CoD pros got salty with CoD on Twitter?  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Especially when C9 is based in LA, have investments from people associated with the dodgers, and have an NA fanbase. 

Team EnVyUs apparently received a $35 million investment from a Dallas based investor and will be moving to Dallas to take a Dallas League spot. Also accidental neg will make it up. 

the more i think about it, having 2 teams in a city is not a bad idea. you can share infrastructure and create almost instant rivalry. especially with as back and forth optic and nv seem to go across multiple games, i would be pumped to see them both in owl. it seems unlikely from the optic side since they've never done OW but a move to dallas followed by a big corporate investment shows that something is in the works. fingers crossed

Theres no reason to stick with halo unless youre on a top 4 team. Even then, top 2 are the only ones really living off of event wins alone.

Better off placing top 8 in Halo than top 32 in COD. If there's a huge drought following Denver, then sure, give COD a go. I really don't see a lot of Halo guys making it in COD tho.

• Upvote (+1) 2

there's a very real possibility i'll play more cod ww2 than i've played h5

Doesn't help that WW2 actually looks like a real good game. Although no swastikas :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

the more i think about it, having 2 teams in a city is not a bad idea. you can share infrastructure and create almost instant rivalry. especially with as back and forth optic and nv seem to go across multiple games, i would be pumped to see them both in owl. it seems unlikely from the optic side since they've never done OW but a move to dallas followed by a big corporate investment shows that something is in the works. fingers crossed

Nah tbh its pretty stupid even in a market like LA because the best OW players are from Korea and yet Korea gets one franchise spot (so far) in Seoul and its owned by someone who isn't even endemic to Korean esports. 

While the NA gets the most love so far and its not the strongest OW region by far. 

Also zero way OG gets an Overwatch League spot. 

1) They aren't in the mood for having someone buy into OpTic in order to afford it

2) Hecz has mentioned not getting an OW team before

3) It doesn't fit the Optic brand 

Nah tbh its pretty stupid even in a market like LA because the best OW players are from Korea and yet Korea gets one franchise spot (so far) in Seoul and its owned by someone who isn't even endemic to Korean esports. 

While the NA gets the most love so far and its not the strongest OW region by far. 

Also zero way OG gets an Overwatch League spot. 

1) They aren't in the mood for having someone buy into OpTic in order to afford it

2) Hecz has mentioned not getting an OW team before

3) It doesn't fit the Optic brand 

There's no regionlocking so it's likely many of these teams are gonna be filled with Korean players anyway, apart from a few talented NA stars or NA players who bring in large fanbases like Seagull.

Smart money would just buy all the Lunatic Hai players and coaches outright.

WW2 is a ton of fun to play.  Very snappy animations, very responsive.

What's the TTK like in WW2?

What's the TTK like in WW2?

There's tons of gameplay out man lol but it's pretty standard for CoD.  Between a BO Title and a MW title.

Why would Cratos go to CoD when Parasite's been doing his job there for the better part of a decade?

I thought Killa was the Cratos of CoD

Second time JuJu done something like this, done it in Black Ops 3, losing a 2vs1 (with another teammate) with just 3 seconds left on the clock on defence, both challenged. His awareness for the game is below par.

In that clip his awareness seemed fine, he was just missing every single shot

There's no regionlocking so it's likely many of these teams are gonna be filled with Korean players anyway, apart from a few talented NA stars or NA players who bring in large fanbases like Seagull.

Smart money would just buy all the Lunatic Hai players and coaches outright.

Oh I know, but those players would have bigger fanbases in Korea. 

Weapon tuning update from today's Community Update

3 items discussed:

1. Active Camo is going to be harder to spot.

2. Base movement speed with the sword is going to be decreased.

3. Beam Rifle hip fire receiving the same "nerf" that the sniper rifle received.

They said there are going to be 12 more sandbox adjustments shared in the coming weeks.

Source:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/haze-of-glory

Balancing the energy sword: who would have thought that would be necessary :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weapon tuning update from today's Community Update

3 items discussed:

1. Active Camo is going to be harder to spot.

2. Base movement speed with the sword is going to be decreased.

3. Beam Rifle hip fire receiving the same "nerf" that the sniper rifle received.

They said there are going to be 12 more sandbox adjustments shared in the coming weeks.

Source:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/haze-of-glory

Why is this such a long drawn out process?

• Upvote (+1) 2