CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone else excited for tomorrow

lnh97yruhkdz.jpg

Should be a really good tournament. The top is pretty crowded in my eyes, so it'll be interesting to see who pulls it out. 

Competitive COD LMAO

Ignorant response. Hard to LMAO at a scene that is infinitely better than Halo's.

EDIT: Got my first taste of Halo Online today. Just hopped in a game that was playing Team BRs on High Ground, Turf, and some Team Snipers as well. Anyone got any advice/servers they suggest? I know there is an MLG server in the browser, but I feel like I'm missing something. I thought I installed the Halo 3 mods, but I'll have to double check. On top of that, any ideas on how to remap the buttons on a controller? Having X be my crouch button is very, very strange. I haven't really given M/KB a shot yet, but I'm going to try. Also anyone who plays, let me know and we can run some games or something. Was a lot of fun to play a traditional type Halo with no sprint that isn't broken as hell. I also really love the sound of the sniper for some reason. It's got some authority behind it.

Ignorant response. Hard to LMAO at a scene that is infinitely better than Halo's.

I see what you did there.

I think it's ignorant to compare Halo to PC games or multiplatformers. Compare Halo to another console exclusive like Smash or Gears, not something that's released multiple titles a year on every system for the past decade.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On Ace being dropped by Liquid:

a33c346c58.png

Why would skeptical have enough pull to convince anyone to drop anyone?

you'd be surprised what uncle jon can pull off

I mean, when someone is obviously the "problem" on a team, I don't think it takes much of anything.

I don't like COD but I will probably watch the CWL tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't like COD but I will probably watch the CWL tournament.

I'm not a huge MOBA guy but I can't stop watching TI7. The production, competitors character development, stories, notable personalities, giant orgs and the prize pool make a huge difference.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you'd be surprised what uncle jon can pull off

How I've missed you my dearest, Hamy. 

Also sorry I didn't say hi at ATL forgive me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: Got my first taste of Halo Online today. Just hopped in a game that was playing Team BRs on High Ground, Turf, and some Team Snipers as well. Anyone got any advice/servers they suggest? I know there is an MLG server in the browser, but I feel like I'm missing something. I thought I installed the Halo 3 mods, but I'll have to double check. On top of that, any ideas on how to remap the buttons on a controller? Having X be my crouch button is very, very strange. I haven't really given M/KB a shot yet, but I'm going to try. Also anyone who plays, let me know and we can run some games or something. Was a lot of fun to play a traditional type Halo with no sprint that isn't broken as hell. I also really love the sound of the sniper for some reason. It's got some authority behind it.

Is that the one that Summit was streaming like last week or the week before? He was playing Halo 3 online on the PC... 

Is that the one that Summit was streaming like last week or the week before? He was playing Halo 3 online on the PC... 

indeed that is Halo online

Dang just saw the news about Ace. Really liked him as TL's 4th. Any intel on potential leads for his replacement? I think I saw one post float the LG young guns Tripppey and Saiyan as possibilities

So Spartan, Ace and Cratos all got dropped. That would make for a really good team, and the conflict would be utter gold.

Ace got dropped already?  Thats rough, i thought that team had some solid potential.

I have been away for quite a while with work and family commitments, if anyone could update me on other team changes i would be eternally grateful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see what you did there.

I think it's ignorant to compare Halo to PC games or multiplatformers. Compare Halo to another console exclusive like Smash or Gears, not something that's released multiple titles a year on every system for the past decade.

Hmm, I see your point, definitely won't disagree. I guess I was less comparing the games to each other and more of their competitive scenes? I don't know that that makes it any better, but while Call of Duty isn't a console exclusive, the competitive scene obviously favors the PS4 - even comparing the CoD PS4 scene to Halo it's not even close. But you're still right. It's not a good comparison. I was just trying to make the point that while the other guy is trying to shit on competitive CoD, it's at a stage right now that Halo approached back in 07, and hasn't even come close to since. It was the same when BO2 was being played on Xbox. And I think it's been talked about on here a lot too that the Smash tournament is all community based, but that it's still much better/healthier than the Halo scene. I don't even know if I accomplished or argued anything in this post, but all I was getting at before was that it was a little ignorant to try and shit on a competitive gaming scene that far outreaches Halo in success, player base, viewership etc.  As you said though, bit of an unfair comparison, and I can no cease to repeat myself in this one post. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless there was inner turmoil between Liquid that we didn't know about, I think whoever Liquid's option A was might be the guy they replace Ace with.

WILD PREDICTION TIME:

TL

-Ace*

+Saiyan

LG

-Ninja & Saiyan

+Ace & Rayne

Ronin

-Spartan*

+Danoxide

ALL OF THIS BASED ON STRONG WHISPERS FROM ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

Cratos to somehow place top 8 with whoever he teams with, because though he's probably not top 4, he always seems to bracket bust these tournaments.

(In an unrelated note, I wouldn't recommend Red Bull at 3 in the morning)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unless there was inner turmoil between Liquid that we didn't know about, I think whoever Liquid's option A was might be the guy they replace Ace with.

WILD PREDICTION TIME:

TL

-Ace*

+Saiyan

LG

-Ninja & Saiyan

+Ace & Rayne

Ronin

-Spartan*

+Danoxide

ALL OF THIS BASED ON STRONG WHISPERS FROM ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

Cratos to somehow place top 8 with whoever he teams with, because though he's probably not top 4, he always seems to bracket bust these tournaments.

(In an unrelated note, I wouldn't recommend Red Bull at 3 in the morning)

Saiyan is staying on lg. Ronin already picked up sabinater