CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

when i went to america, chipotle was the biggest disappointment of the trip

no different from the local texmex burrito places here

really? that's such a coincidence

• Upvote (+1) 2

when i went to america, chipotle was the biggest disappointment of the trip

no different from the local texmex burrito places here

Ya chipotle is average at best. I don't get all the hype behind it. Every time I decide to give it another try, it doesn't do anything for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nandos>Mexican food

If Rayne is joining LG with Saiyan and Trippy. I so hope it's with Ace aswell. That would be goals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chipotle is not really a mind blowing experience or anything. It's just really good, relatively healthy compared to other fast food options (Depending on what you get), convenient and well priced.

Five Guys on the other hand is a mind blowing experience.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm interested in what the North NJ scene looks like now. Who won? What names were there that are familiar with competitive Halo? I'll be going to the next one but I'm really curious to see who is still around or how this looks compared to the NJ Halo scene.

Read my original post, haha. They didn't host a tournament at our store. I'd say there were only about 4-6 competitive Halo players there.

Glad to see we finally made it back to talking about food. I've been waiting to hear more about it since Worlds

• Upvote (+1) 3

The lack of mutual appreciation isn't because segments of the community aren't playing the same game. It's literally BECAUSE attempts to get them to play the same game ensured that no one was playing the game they want.

Competitive Halo and Halo in general peaked at a time when playing the game you want to play was celebrated. Back in the day, A guy could main Team Skirmish, and then go and watch Pro player montages on YouTube. The difference between the experiences didn't hamper appreciation or growth at all. If anything, it had the opposite effect.

^^ this.  So fucking much. 

The issue isn't that Halo can't sell a singular identity, its that attempts to create that singular identity have stripped away the breadth of experiences that have been the soul of the game for so long.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Read my original post, haha. They didn't host a tournament at our store. I'd say there were only about 4-6 competitive Halo players there.

I did read that but wasn't sure if the top 2 stayed then played each other or something. I know you left early, but what were those competitive players names? NJ used to have an amazing LAN scene up until the end of Halo 3. I remember El Town was just some local going to NJ halos at one point. I'm just curious who is even from around here.

Taco Bell >

:lxthul:

But explosive diarrhea <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

^^ this.  So fucking much. 

The issue isn't that Halo can't sell a singular identity, its that attempts to create that singular identity have stripped away the breadth of experiences that have been the soul of the game for so long.

These two posts kind of just hammered it down for me. I mean it's almost like Call of Duty. It's a casual based game but it's wildly popular (as far as console goes) because you can play casually AND be a fan of the competitive scene/playlist. The Halo community is being forced one way or the other. During the Halo 2 and 3 days, you could be playing MLG Customs or you could be playing Tower of Power or Ninjanaut. There were a lot of options and the games themselves were a lot better so that obviously helped too. Point is, you had options. It's almost the same with regular sports. I play men's league hockey and it's really competitive, but the blue line is the icing line for us and we play 12 minute periods where the NHL is red line and 20 minute periods. You can play different settings and still be a huge fan. I've never played anything besides pick up tackle/touch football but I love watching NCAA and NFL games. They can both co-exist, however, the base game also needs to be good and fun, which Halo 5 certainly is neither (definitely an opinion, but player population trend shows some agreement there).

• Upvote (+1) 2

When I was at ATL, Wendys was incredible. I wish we had that over here.

Jack In The Box is my fav

But explosive diarrhea <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I've never had diarrhea from Taco Bell I feel like this is a myth

When I was at ATL, Wendys was incredible. I wish we had that over here.

Wendys is top tier they don't freeze their burgers they get all of their meat locally and keep it refrigerated.

Five Guys is the best burger place

Cookout >>>>>>>>

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never had diarrhea from Taco Bell I feel like this is a myth

Was just gonna say this too! I have never had this problem with Taco Bell.

• Upvote (+1) 1