Sign in to follow this  
Wpns Grade

Proof that Halo 5 copies other shooters with Spartan Abilities.

Halo 5 had boost jump (Double jump) like other popular shooters (advanced warfare, blops 3 titanfal ) but was removed at the last minute. 

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. If I remember the talk Ryan gave, double jump was removed pretty early on because the developers had already mapped out their levels without double jump in mind, meaning it would have broken a lot of encounters, levels, etc in campaign and MP.

Watch the video for yourself. It's true. He says "nothing special here, you've seen this in other shooters before" in regards to the boost jump mechanic. Yes, you are right in that it was removed because it didn't fit with the maps or Sandbox. But the fact is that it was going to be in the game. It shows that 343 really do look at other shooters in terms of mechanics, and gameplay design. In the video there's footage of the double jump mechanics in action. Works exactly like advanced warfares boost jump.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He says "nothing special here, you've seen this in other shooters before" in regards to the boost jump mechanic. Yes, you are right in that it was removed because it didn't fit with the maps or Sandbox. 

Right, that's what I said, it wasn't removed last minute then.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. If I remember the talk Ryan gave, double jump was removed pretty early on because the developers had already mapped out their levels without double jump in mind, meaning it would have broken a lot of encounters, levels, etc in campaign and MP.

Yeah it was canned fairly early in favor of clamber.  I think Josh even said something about that when he would post here.  Still a major problem that they were even considering it though.

Lets not gloss over something that @@Neighbor has mentioned before and that's that the pro team had to FIGHT to get descope added back to the game.  Like christ, he mentions that in the video too. The argument over bringing back descope was almost as contentious as sprint.  That's ludicrous.  The conversation for descope should have taken 6 seconds:

"So, we're bringing back de-scope right guys?"

"Yeah, totally."

"K. cool. good talk"

I can at least understand why the sprint conversation would be contentious (still a major bumblefuck mistake to include it though).  But descope? DESCOPE??!!

I'm sure the conversation around removing flinch was just as contentious.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This remains the best video ever done on this topic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8S2CwuJ50

Sweet, concise,and uses factual evidence.

Lol at the cringe description of the #immersion the spartan abilities bring. I remember when this ViDoc came out, it made me lose all faith in the future of Halo. But we didn't need H5 at this point in time because MCC was right around the corner. :(  Feels.

• Upvote (+1) 2