Virulent Venom

Halo 5 Multiplayer Rumors

Ok, so I came across this post on the web from a few days ago which ended with a description of an unconfirmed leak about 343i's plan for Halo 5. I have no idea if this was already posted on these forums so I apologize if it was already brought up.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18920/20130718/halo-5-trailer-rumor-comic-con-2013.html

Here is the part of the rumor that really stood out to me:

Multiplayer:

Split between two categories.

Halo Wararena is basically Halo 2 reloaded. No loadouts, no armor abilites and perks.

Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ;) ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball....

Static weapon spawns, more weapons on map which means more ammo, weapons wont respawn as quick as in Halo 4

The seconds multiplayer category is titles Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).

Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.

Custom Loadouts, "armor abilites" (more like class abilites), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins

So what do you guys think of this rumor? Is it too good to be true?

***Edit: I think this rumor may have already been debunked BUT this wouldn't be a bad idea for 343i to consider.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If they actually put that armor ability shit into the next game, Microsoft should just shut Halo down. Enjoy your GoW population numbers again, 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If they actually put that armor ability shit into the next game, Microsoft should just shut Halo down. Enjoy your GoW population numbers again, 343i.

Would prefer a Ranked/Social split over a gametype split... but interesting nonetheless.

I think that the concept makes sense. 343 just needs to provide options that allows us to play how we want to play. Halo always has excelled at customization but they need to expand on it. The idea of separate arenas is definitely heading in the right direction.

Really, you think that people will leave if there are actually good settings from the get go with 2v2/4v4/8v8 with no AA's and shit?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Frankie had confirmed on Neogaf that this was fake. Although it does sound amazing.

idk about you guys but this sounds really awesome from that article.

I always wanted a Halo in a massive big team orientated combat. For so long Halo has been very limited with only 8v8 but having Battlefield like number 32 v 32 or 16 v 16 sounds awesome.

As far traditional Halo MP goes, it sounds good to me, and just hope everything we wanted so far that hasn't mention so far gets added *cough* spectator mode *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 1

First of all, I never believe these rumors.  I used to quite a bit actually, but I honestly don't think any rumor like this has ever even come close to true.  With that said, I think a split like that would suck. 343 would obviously advertise the "battlefield" side of it for casuals to pick it up, and once again we would be stranded on our own little island again with no new players trying it out and our population just continuing to die down.

But again, I don't think this is true.

Not really believing this at the moment, though I wish the Halo War Arena one would be true.

I could see a Invasion style mode, going up to 16 vs 16, but no more than that honestly, and it should only be one or two Playlist's that have this option. It definitely would be neat to see for Machinima if they actually have Prometheans, Covenant, Spartan, teams etc. It should not replace traditional 8 vs. 8 Big Team Battle, which better be Objectives, Slayer, both next game ugh, instead of two split Playlist's.

Eitherway I do not think this is real, just do not see it being Halo CE or Halo 2 reloaded, those games are amazing.. compared to what Halo 4 has turned Halo into. I do not want to see Armor Abilities returning, and would only like to see them if they are actually treated as Armor Abilities, not just lame random abilities that do not make sense in the slightest for a Spartan to bother using. Things like Regeneration Field, should either be a Grenade or a Power Up that recovers both yours and Spartans surrounding you, energy shields for 15 seconds, only enough time to make it useful and not over powered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would prefer a Ranked/Social split over a gametype split... but interesting nonetheless.

Yeah. At this current moment in time I think the biggest thing Halo 4 is missing in a good ranking system with a ranked/social split ala H2/H3. Obviously there are many other problems, but I feel like this would really get me wanting to play a lot more...something to aim for.

Anyway, this rumour sounds a little wild to be true, like something a 14 year old has just wished up or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 could have, and should have learned so much from Halo CE, 2, 3, instead of looking at outside sources and games like CoD, Battlefield, no matter how much the employees may enjoy those games, it does not matter. They could of learned what not to turn Halo into just by looking at Reach and how it suffered. But once again.. they failed, they went the same route with the game as Bungie did with Reach, except 343 removed so much like De-Scope, Classic CTF, Assault, and made things worse even and more segmented, less customization as well with game types, Forge,.  

I would most like for them to reference Halo CE, and Halo 2, Halo CE in storyline and progression, and outright skillful gameplay, and both Halo CE, 2, for their superior Map Designs, though Halo 3 also had good maps overall.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If something true spills and it shouldn't have, they say it is fake.  

If something fake spills, they say it is a possibility.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly this is what we need:

Ranked (3 month Seasons, after which ranks reset, this will prevent boosting, and adds incentive to play)

-Team Slayer (4v4)

-CTF (4v4)

-BTB (8v8)

-Team Objective (4v4)

-SWAT (4v4)

-Doubles (2v2)

-Rumble Pit (6)

-MLG/Throwdown (4v4)

-Cagematch (1v1)

Social:

Social Slayer (5v5)

Social Skirmish (5v5 Obj)

Social Big Team (16+ v 16+)

Multi Team

Action Sack

Grifball

Living Dead

There is no need to think of all these complex matchmaking systems when H3 had the Golden formula for gameplay and matchmaking (and playlists)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think that the concept makes sense. 343 just needs to provide options that allows us to play how we want to play. Halo always has excelled at customization but they need to expand on it. The idea of separate arenas is definitely heading in the right direction.

No. That just leads to a multiple split of the community. Reach MLG was so far removed from the original that newbs never dared approach it. Similar with H4. The game (I guess here: the "wararena" part) just needs to have what Halo 1 and 2 had: easy to learn but hard to master. It needs to be good and have a wide skill gap FROM the get go. No "we do our own thing" type stuff.

We have seen "stripped" down playlists before in both Reach and H4,, in which both failed.

They need a complete overhaul on H5, they need to be dedicated and provide updated playlists and competitive map packs.

they need a ranking system and to stop trying to be like COD and Battlefield.

It has to be a game that "out of the box" is fun to play and complete.

Otherwise, it will fail. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kind of still sounds like a Halo CoD fusion, which I'm not a fan of.

Does not seem that way to me at all, H4 was the Halo+COD fusion. Halo War Arena games sounds EXACTLY what this community and many other veterans asked for, I dont know how you guys could not want something like that. 343 needs a split between competitive and social modes(or modes with more fluff), having both casuals and competitive play the same play-lists and try to get along is what Reach+H4 did wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok, so I came across this post on the web from a few days ago which ended with a description of an unconfirmed leak about 343i's plan for Halo 5. I have no idea if this was already posted on these forums so I apologize if it was already brought up.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18920/20130718/halo-5-trailer-rumor-comic-con-2013.html

Here is the part of the rumor that really stood out to me:

Multiplayer:

Split between two categories.

Halo Wararena is basically Halo 2 reloaded. No loadouts, no armor abilites and perks.

Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ;) ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball....

Static weapon spawns, more weapons on map which means more ammo, weapons wont respawn as quick as in Halo 4

The seconds multiplayer category is titles Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).

Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.

Custom Loadouts, "armor abilites" (more like class abilites), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins

So what do you guys think of this rumor? Is it too good to be true?

***Edit: I think this rumor may have already been debunked BUT this wouldn't be a bad idea for 343i to consider.

Anyone who thinks that Halo Battlefield crap is a good idea needs a psych eval.

I loled at 'weapons won't respawn as quick as in Halo 4'. Yeah, those two minute rockets are what's ruining the game. Totally.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly this is what we need:

Ranked (3 month Seasons, after which ranks reset, this will prevent boosting, and adds incentive to play)

-Team Slayer (4v4)

-CTF (4v4)

-BTB (8v8)

-Team Objective (4v4)

-SWAT (4v4)

-Doubles (2v2)

-Rumble Pit (6)

-MLG/Throwdown (4v4)

-Cagematch (1v1)

Social:

Social Slayer (5v5)

Social Skirmish (5v5 Obj)

Social Big Team (16+ v 16+)

Multi Team

Action Sack

Grifball

Living Dead

There is no need to think of all these complex matchmaking systems when H3 had the Golden formula for gameplay and matchmaking (and playlists)

Cluttered much?

First, the player cap should never rise above 16. But either way, two BTB playlists will never work. BTB can be competitive but it lends itself much more to casual play. The social playlist is the only one that would get any population, the ranked would end up being taken down in six months max.

SWAT as a ranked gametype is lulz.

3 months is too frequent for seasons/rank resets. 6 months would be better.

Ideal playlist layout at launch would be:

Ranked

Team Slayer

Team Objective (CTF, ball, KOTH, ext, bomb)

1v1

Doubles

Social

Rumble Pit

Squad Skirmish (5v5 slayer [75 kills to win] + objective)

Invasion

BTB

Infection

SWAT

You can add stuff like MLG and DLC later, maybe maption sack too so that shit stays out of the other playlists. But twelve playlists at a time should be the absolute maximum, and no two playlists should offer the same experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 could have, and should have learned so much from Halo CE, 2, 3, instead of looking at outside sources and games like CoD, Battlefield, no matter how much the employees may enjoy those games, it does not matter. They could of learned what not to turn Halo into just by looking at Reach and how it suffered. But once again.. they failed, they went the same route with the game as Bungie did with Reach, except 343 removed so much like De-Scope, Classic CTF, Assault, and made things worse even and more segmented, less customization as well with game types, Forge,.  

I would most like for them to reference Halo CE, and Halo 2, Halo CE in storyline and progression, and outright skillful gameplay, and both Halo CE, 2, for their superior Map Designs, though Halo 3 also had good maps overall.

See, I'd be fine with them keeping all the crap in, as long as ranked has none of it, and we have toggles for literally everything. Social can have AA's, and all the randomness for all the super casual players. Let the casual competitives and the extremely competitive players have ranked with good settings off the get go.

I hope this is false. What a bunch of fuckin horseshit.

I was talking to Greenskull after bashing him and EVEN HE agrees that the game would be far better with a balanced, even playing field to start with.

He described the ideal game as Ranked/Social split:

Ranked is literately Halo 3 Ranked. No sprint, Descope, Fixed weapon drops, single utility rifle. Social is still like ranked Halo 3 (No sprint, descope etc) but with AA's (no perks) and a larger variety of weapons. 

Was quite surprised by what he said, I think we have gotten far too caught up in seeing what he crusades for in the social community (Saucey) but in reality all he wants is more customisation for custom games.

Please be fake.

Anyone who thinks that AAs, perks, and 30 goddamn weapons is necessary to keep casuals happy isn't at all in tune with what casuals are really looking for.

I couldn't care less about the Halo Battlefield part, as long as the Halo War Arena part happens with a 1-50 ranking system.  I'm personally not a fan of seasons, I feel they aren't good for players who aren't playing all the time makes them feel like all their hard work has been undone when their rank is reset.

• Upvote (+1) 2