Miniman

How could AGL improve on AGL8?

The commercials got really stale pretty fast - One way around this is to have the people / companies sponsoring the event submit 2 different ADS that they can run on different days, so its not the same thing all weekend :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

My full support is with AGL, they seem to improve every single event, im looking forward to the next one. Only thing which lets the events down is the community that flood the chat with hate filled comments. *Glad I watch twitch on the xbox so I dont get to see the trolling remarks made* 

I heard one of the sponsors (Gamers For Christ) who are supporting teams and Halo got slaughtered by the chat during one of the breaks in-between games. I cant ever remember the H1, 2, 3 & even Reach events having this much anger/hate in the community. These people want the game to go back to its roots! How about getting the community back to its roots in supporting Halo through their love for the game and enjoying events and showing respect for the things that support it and help Halo out.

AGL was so breathtaking though... :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

I would tell the casters to stop worrying about the negative comments in the chat. Goldenboy looked seriously affected at one point and basically said to stop acting like jackasses. The more you acknowledge it the more it will make the chat even worse.

And just something that's so insignificant but drives me crazy- Ghost says the word ridiculous about 79 times during the course of a tournament. Golden does the same thing with some words. Try and mix it up fellas

In terms of the on-screen graphic, I think a viable solution would be to full-screen the POV during listen-ins, then have the graphic during commentary so the casters can highlight the information and use it to their advantage.

My full support is with AGL, they seem to improve every single event, im looking forward to the next one. Only thing which lets the events down is the community that flood the chat with hate filled comments. *Glad I watch twitch on the xbox so I dont get to see the trolling remarks made* 

I heard one of the sponsors (Gamers For Christ) who are supporting teams and Halo got slaughtered by the chat during one of the breaks in-between games. I cant ever remember the H1, 2, 3 & even Reach events having this much anger/hate in the community. These people want the game to go back to its roots! How about getting the community back to its roots in supporting Halo through their love for the game and enjoying events and showing respect for the things that support it and help Halo out.

G4C did get quite a bit of stick to be honest. I mean, I'm an atheist so I don't really support such things - but they're a sponsor who are helping out AGL, so why are people slaughtering them? That's the human race for you.

G4C did get quite a bit of stick to be honest. I mean, I'm an atheist so I don't really support such things - but they're a sponsor who are helping out AGL, so why are people slaughtering them? That's the human race for you.

People want to get a cheap laugh when they're anonymous. They'd do anything to try and seem funny and "rebellious". That's why you see so much sexism/racism/religious intolerance etc on the Internet.

It's a sad reality because the majority of these people would never act that way in person away from their computer screen and keyboard.

People want to get a cheap laugh when they're anonymous. They'd do anything to try and seem funny and "rebellious". That's why you see so much sexism/racism/religious intolerance etc on the Internet.

It's a sad reality because the majority of these people would never act that way in person away from their computer screen and keyboard.

Even as someone who really disagrees with the blind following encouraged by many larger religions (won't mention any specifically...), I too felt like the hate was uncalled for. These guys are sponsoring the tournament and trying to help/bring happiness to players who are willing to listen - that's all. You don't have to agree with what they're saying, but calling them names etc. doesn't do anything, and just makes you look like a fool.

I just muted the stream at that point and tried to moderate the hate - people need to stop being so childish/breathtaking.

I've always wondered what it would be like if there were "team-cams" that were always visible on stream (with a view of every player on the team), rather than the individual "player-cams" that rotate from player to player.

Not only would it be easier to manage, but i think it could bring a new element to the stream. For example, you can see how teammates react when someone gets a nasty snipe, or you can see how the opposing team reacts to being faced with trash-talk. I feel like this would be much more interesting and entertaining than having individual player cams.

Using the rebroadcast from AGL 8, I've made a quick video to give an example (along with a different graphic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhYRR1WTKAA

*The AGL 8 Knoxville Logo used in the video was created by @RoyalTypedBE

Maybe instead of the side view, the camera could be facing them...thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to see montages showcased during the commercials.

This. 

AGL outta even hold a contest where the winners would have their montages to be showcased at an upcoming event during the commercial brakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1