Joseph

Twitch.tv chats make our community look pathetic

How about we make set Moderators for the next AGL?  :walshy:

Cyren and I are mods but Twitch tv moderation tools were broken the entire weekend :( #dad

12-18 year olds on Halo "highs" drinking mountain Dew+Ninja fan-boys+haters+Evade twitch tv clan fagboys+ Halo 4 haters+ Skydiving+CoD kids trolling chat= AGL 8's HORRIBLE chat IMO. I just went to full-screen after awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate how its monthly though. Thats what bugs me.

Doesn't have to be.

EVO 2013 was a one time sub

Wait,

I don't know if anyone has said this, but here's a GoldenBoy quote from talking to him

"I've never gotten more racist comments from any other tournament I've ever casted than I have this weekend. Makes me think if I even want to come back and do another one."

One of the best casters out there and we actually have the privilege to have him cast our game.

I don't even know what to say. The only thing that I have to say is that I don't believe that it was that bad. Plus, what is the rest of the non-troll community supposed to do about it?

I mean it IS a total whiteboy american game with 1 black dude that everyone jokes about being the only black dude. It does bother me that the community is a bunch of Murca'n squares and are generally uncultured, but I still don't believe that the "racist twitch chat" was actually a real thing or to be taken seriously

Still doesn't change that our community immature.

I say do the subscribe thing like the FGC's do. I doubt people are gonna pay to just troll, maybe they do, but oh well, at least the stream is money right?

Seriously. What kind of organization is dumb enough to not have sub only or slow mode on?

let me say that again

HOW CAN YOU BE SO DUMB AS TO HAVE AN OPEN CHAT ON A CORPORATE SPONSORED STREAM.

lol starcraft 2 chats are definitely not "mature" at all.  I don't look at Halo chats anymore but SC2 chats are quite awful as well.

honestly NO competitive games community is very mature when it comes to chats.  FGC, Halo, SC2, LoL, etc are all quite bad.  

Yes every time a woman walks on stream or something people literally start talking about sucking juices out of vaginas. I shit you not.

This is a non issue, or at least it is not something that can be changed and therefore should not be focused on.

Doesn't have to be.

EVO 2013 was a one time sub

yea... $12 for a few days. If AGL could somehow do something like $30 for the 2013 Halo 4 events that would be ideal

1. The moderating needs to be way more strict. Any comments that are hateful in any way need to be timed out.

2. More mods, who are respected members of the community. Some of the AGL mods are known trolls on Twitch.

3. Facebook connect and/or Subscribers only mode needs to be used. Contrary to popular belief, subs only mode rarely makes people stop watching the stream.

This - some of the mods even started trolling in the chat themselves and thereby only encouraged it. I think that's unacceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This - some of the mods even started trolling in the chat themselves and thereby only encouraged it. I think that's unacceptable.

*cough* Mudkipeffect *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 2

yea... $12 for a few days. If AGL could somehow do something like $30 for the 2013 Halo 4 events that would be ideal

im sure you could change the price to whatever you wanted.

$30 might be a bit too much for people to want to buy

I'm sorry guys but I have to intervene here because like always all anyone does is complain complain complain about what people do but yet the actual root of the problem never gets removed so the problem never gets solved.

Let me show people an example of the exact reason why there are always so many problems:

Usually when I post a reply like this it pisses people off and they start up on you should be more respectful and people are so focused on me being civil that they totally pay absolutely no attention to what i said which is the root of the problem and one of the roots of the problem is people telling me to be respectful.

Abusive moderators and then everyone making excuses for them and exceptions to TOS letting some people get away with one thing while others get punished but yet it's in the TOS what you let others get away with is not supposed to be happening AT ALL.

So it's very simple.

If something says no trolling. THEN every single person trolling MODERATOR OR NOT gets punished and there is no Well trolling is what we determine it is..NO trolling is ANYTHING NOT CHAT RELEATED...THERE IS NO BENDING THE RULES ON THIS....End of discussion on that

Next there is the moderator who decides to tell someone to be quiet or suffer the consequences...SORRY but that is abuse..You do nto ever rub it in someone's face where you say WHAT I SAY GOES...Sorry a moderator that does that needs to be removed from moderator status..that in itself is 100% disrespectful and only causes problems.

Targeting someone in chat is abuse...If there are other people doing things in chat then you either remove everyone doing it or none at all..again RULES ARE RULES..don't pick on one person.

If a moderator silences someone but yet no one else and then trying to say well they must have done something IS ABUSE..you do not ever roll over for a moderator UNLESS you know everything that went on...a moderator has no business removing one person but no one else then have the right to say to someone there is nothing they can do about it..Sorry it doesn't work like that that is abuse..I dont' care who you are...You do not screw someone then bind their hands and piss them off...You silence someone without justification (WHICH IS THE TOS) not an opinion then you should be being spoken to rudely. End of discussion on that. that cannot even be justified.

If posting links is not allowed..THEN NO ONE NOT EVEN THE ADMINISTRATOR is allowed to post links..there are no exceptions.

The bottom line here is TOS rules are TOS rules AND NO ONE IS EXEMPT..when you exempt rules and bend them or try to say WELL I'm a mod I can...Is in itself a major problem.

Either have rules and you enforce them or don't bother having any rules at all NO ONE IS EXEMPT PERIOD.....Simple concept everyone always tries to make excuses for.

Before you ban anyone you better find out WHY someone is saying something and what actually lead up to what happened instead of just taking anyone's word..There is an order of events that happens and no one ever seems to want to pay attention to that.

So for example if a moderator kicks someone out of a chat for no reason and then that person comes back in and says to the moderator if you do that again I'll hack your account then GUESS WHAT the person is 100% in the right and the moderator STARTED the problem by kicking the person...Sorry people but you cannot kick someone then try to use what they say to you Afterwards as ammunition for a reason because they wouldn't have said that if you didn't target them to begin with..so the moderator deserves that comment..No one can say anything to the person who said I'll hack your account they need to target the moderator ONLY the person who said it shouldn't even be having anything said to them at all..not even if someone says look i know you were mad and they shouldn't have done that but..WRONG...The only one you only tell anything to is the moderator to KNOCK OFF the abuse...then you drop the subject. You do say sorry to the person who the moderator did that too and you ban anyone else that sided with the moderator and caused even more grief to the person and more of a chat uproar

That's the way chats need to start working and the same with forums...People need to start being dealt with and the order of events need to start getting looked at because that's what leads up to something. But yet people only seem to want to look at someone just acting a specific way..and if you cannot do the backtracking then you shouldn't be moderating..It is that simple.

until that precedure is followed and enforced, Forums and chats will always always always have the same exactl problems everyone here is complaining about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry guys but I have to intervene here because like always all anyone does is complain complain complain about what people do but yet the actual root of the problem never gets removed so the problem never gets solved.

Intervene? You dug up a dead thread from 8 days ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Intervene? You dug up a dead thread from 8 days ago.

Your reply is exatly the type of problem I just went over, It's not only off topic, but it has nothing to do with anything. Also If you're going to quote somone YOU QUOTE ALL OF WHAT THEY SAID. Butchering someone's reply with a partial quote is another huge problem.

You should have said are you aware that this thread is old? What made you decide to reply with what you did.

Your reply is exatly the type of problem I just went over, It's not only off topic, but it has nothing to do with anything. Also If you're going to quote somone YOU QUOTE ALL OF WHAT THEY SAID. Butchering someone's reply with a partial quote is another huge problem.

You should have said are you aware that this thread is old? What made you decide to reply with what you did.

Your choice of words made it humorous. You made it sound like this topic was still relevant when no one has posted on it for 8 days and you dug it back up. 

I didn't need to quote the whole post because you're never going to get through to the entire community on Halo Twitch chats via the Beyond forums. From glancing at your essay, it looked like you were trying to tell the community what to do, as shown in your last sentence, "until that precedure is followed and enforced." 

The Internet will always be like this, there will always be hate, immaturity etc because of Internet anonymity. It's just something you have to accept will always be the same.