CyReN

AGL Atlanta 9 Discussion

why is infamous scrimming? I thought they weren't going to Atl.

Why do we have to wait until have ATL to play halo?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Definitely glad to see people still going hard. If  the Michigan event does move back to Knoxville, will all of Infamous decide to go?

• Upvote (+1) 1

no, just unusual to see teams practicing so far ahead, defiantly a good thing though especially since you just picked aPG and the more practice the more your team will adjust to each other's play styles. 

Definitely glad to see people still going hard. If  the Michigan event does move back to Knoxville, will all of Infamous decide to go?

We will see when announcements come out

• Upvote (+1) 1

We will see when announcements come out

Awesome. I would really like to see at least one of the next two tournaments have some serious pro teams there.

Awesome. I would really like to see at least one of the next two tournaments have some serious pro teams there.

Cryptic will be at Sturgis.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Cryptic will be at Sturgis.

No offense to anyone else, but when I say serious teams, I am mostly referring to the big 5(Ambush, Infamous, Requiem, Status Quo, and Classic). I may go ahead and include bth and gmm as serious teams as well, severance too.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Rob the turtle is winning. Quote me.

Edit: Nvm, his best teammate isn't going. Shame.

My team is finally assembled after I got screwed over last minute. Our name is 

BIG TIME RUSH

its me, Siao, Drake and Touchy. 

Can't wait! See you guys there!

I stepped away from the halo scene for a few weeks, now I'm back what's been going on? can someone fill me in?

No offense to anyone else, but when I say serious teams, I am mostly referring to the big 5(Ambush, Infamous, Requiem, Status Quo, and Classic). I may go ahead and include bth and gmm as serious teams as well, severance too.

I can agree with you on the "Big 5" but the last three you listed are not on the same level as Cryptic.  If GMM stays together they have a chance though.

What is everyone looking forward to this weekend, 4 v 4, 2 v 2, FFA?  Personally I'm looking forward to the 2 v 2,  right now if I had to pick a winner I would go with CreepyTrash and Arbin.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just realized that AGL 9 is the same weekend as The International for Dota 2, although I don't think there are many who watch Halo that also watch Dota it could still pull some viewers away, since The International will be all over the front page of Twitch.

Is there anywhere we can see an up to date list?

http://www.arenagaming.us/wp/team-lists/

AGL 9 4V4 TEAMS SEED 1. Reign Ambush 17150 Heinz Formal Pistola enable Kalvin 2. G4C SEVERANCE 9425 PROVERB Gabriel Spartan Goofy   3. VolkswagenSwagN 3225 RiotShock CreepyTrash iRC Arbin PMoney 4. La Dolce Vita 1100 Exemplify Commonly ROB THE TURTLE Stress   5. Spinal Tap 350 I Dodge Bulletz FloppiE Collinonp3 Sherpuh   6. Royalty 165 BobettaFetta xbl hidden Txrbine bSpykes Derka 7. Stranger Danger 150 VapoRouZ hofheinz Lexterity KOSH Shocks   8. Asylum 15 Tyson Advant iForgott3n GSBeta   9. Check Mate 10 HeyImRex Easy Mac krazer Taiokaion   10. AboveTheClouds 10 DarkRushh Beastt Beast2   KYRI3 11. Above All Odds 0 PeeTime Flux_Asthma Eternall oNinjitsu Breauxski 12. Vicious n Delicious 0 Dro HawKoh Do0zyy Confuzle   13. Intrinsic Value 0 Pattched o6_kyle GA Oscar Neisa   14. Lo Fi Allstars 0 FatalFord cLaWdiuZ zachavoc BlaizZe  

AGL 9 2V2 TEAMS

SEED . Reign Ambush 8650 Heinz Pistola   2. Texas Kids 5150 Goofy Gabriel   3. PROVDOGG 4275 PROVERB Spartan Proverbs Angel 4. BtH 3400 Cloud MaNiaC   5. Volkswaggin 1950 Arbin CreepyTrash   6. Senzu Bean 1275 RiotShock iRC PMoney 7. DropShock 1100 ROB THE TURTLE Stress   8. Spinal Tap 150 I Dodge Bulletz FloppiE   9. Jorejuh 115 bSpykes xbl hidden   10. TurboBroBro 50 BobettaFetta Txrbine   11. Gabs Fan Club 10 HeyImRex Easy Mac   12. Swaggin Dragons 5 DarkRushh     13. Name Your Team 0 Taiokaion krazer   14. One Night Stand 0 Flux_Asthma oNinjitsu   15. Idahomies 0 hofheinz Lexterity VapoRouZ 16. 21 Cookaroos 0 BMW Skewty   17. Champloo 0 DonChase Capitalist Kudae 18. Lo Fi Allstars 0 FatalFord cLaWdiuZ   19. WeDoItForExpire 0 Exemplify Commonly   20. Dust Bunnies 0 Pattched o6_kyle   21. Inconceivable 0 PeeTime Eternall

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can agree with you on the "Big 5" but the last three you listed are not on the same level as Cryptic.  If GMM stays together they have a chance though.

What is everyone looking forward to this weekend, 4 v 4, 2 v 2, FFA?  Personally I'm looking forward to the 2 v 2,  right now if I had to pick a winner I would go with CreepyTrash and Arbin.

Ok I am just going to say it because it is getting annoying. Cryptic is not nearly as good as you hype them up to be. All three of the teams he said are better than Cryptic. Except there is no Severance anymore. GMM and BtH are better than Cryptic. Congrats Cryptic got top 8 last event. And all they had to do was beat RC and Upcoming who were not good as well. Either you are a player on Cryptic or you are just their biggest fan but it is annoying how you are always trying to throw them into a conversation with the top teams when they just aren't. Sorry to look like a dick, I just can't handle it anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok I am just going to say it because it is getting annoying. Cryptic is not nearly as good as you hype them up to be. All three of the teams he said are better than Cryptic. Except there is no Severance anymore. GMM and BtH are better than Cryptic. Congrats Cryptic got top 8 last event. And all they had to do was beat RC and Upcoming who were not good as well. Either you are a player on Cryptic or you are just their biggest fan but it is annoying how you are always trying to throw them into a conversation with the top teams when they just aren't. Sorry to look like a dick, I just can't handle it anymore.

Cryptic > bth  if Im being honest

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cryptic > bth  if Im being honest

I could agree with that last tournament possibly if they had played. But not at the next tournament if they stuck together or if Cloud and Maniac just made a new team. But still idk. And the way GMM was playing last tournament, GMM would have destroyed them like they did BtH for top 6.

Bad news with our new 4th, Drake, his ride bailed last minute and we are stuck having to pick someone up day before the event! 

If anyone knows of good, experienced lan players that are going please let me know, thanks!

Big Time Rush needs 1! (Touchy, Siao, Knighty) 500+ points

You be mad Coach. It's okay we'll disagree.  They are much better than BTH though, I'm not sure about GMM.  In case you have not been watching.

BTH hasn't been solid this year.  I am not a player just a fan, since when is that a crime.  FYI...although they lost they did play Ambush very competitively.

You be mad Coach. It's okay we'll disagree.  They are much better than BTH though, I'm not sure about GMM.  In case you have not been watching.

BTH hasn't been solid this year.  I am not a player just a fan, since when is that a crime.  FYI...although they lost they did play Ambush very competitively.

BtH was solid like 2 tournaments ago with lethul and blaze... And honestly it doesn't really annoy me that you think they are better than BtH or GMM because that is your opinion. It annoys me when you are constantly trying to put Cryptic in conversations as a top team when they clearly aren't. They could never take out any of the top 5 teams. Even if they played a team like BtH for top 6 and beat them, then there run would end there.

BtH was solid like 2 tournaments ago with lethul and blaze... And honestly it doesn't really annoy me that you think they are better than BtH or GMM because that is your opinion. It annoys me when you are constantly trying to put Cryptic in conversations as a top team when they clearly aren't. They could never take out any of the top 5 teams. Even if they played a team like BtH for top 6 and beat them, then there run would end there.

BTH placed 7th/8th two tournaments ago.  Nemassist was on Crowd Pleasers at AGL7 and placed 5th/6th.  I happen to root for underdogs, you seem to side with the frontrunners, it's cool, just different opinions.  Cryptic has decided to stick together even after they had a disappointing ( in their eyes) 7/8th finish.  Give them props for that, until more of these fringe teams decide to stay together none of them will have a prayer of placing in the money.

You should have Infamous sign up for the PGL 4v4 Halo tournament, $10K to first place.  Cryptic is in it and currently are 26-1.  Teams play each other through August, then are seeded into a bracket to play for the cash.