CyReN

AGL Atlanta 9 Discussion

top 32   :kappa:

there was like 60 teams there with more game time than my whole friends list and i combined. Not to mention I was teaming with just friends

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Snakebite, Naded, Assault, Cloud? Would be a solid team if Assault is taking this seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What pros are going to this agl that don't have a team?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree. What is more pathetic? AGL canceling and not even being there or AGL bringing a small amount of teams to a small event? (32 team cap)

With the news that 343 might use AGL9 as a way to qualify for the Global Championship, I would imagine it will turn out to be a pretty sold event either way.

That's the issue, this is not a small event.  This is a huge COD event, and we'll Halo being played in the back parking lot in front of 20 viewers.

I just think it's a mistake at this point to hold this event.  Our stream numbers went from 2K - 4K - 6K and at AGL9 topped 8K.  I hope this event does not squash the momentum we've built.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's the issue, this is not a small event.  This is a huge COD event, and we'll Halo being played in the back parking lot in front of 20 viewers.

I just think it's a mistake at this point to hold this event.  Our stream numbers went from 2K - 4K - 6K and at AGL9 topped 8K.  I hope this event does not squash the momentum we've built.

The event alone has already lost 1k viewers because Ninja isn't there, lol. I'm guessing the event will peak around 3k.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The event alone has already lost 1k viewers because Ninja isn't there, lol. I'm guessing the event will peak around 3k.

Why the heck would 1000 people not watch just because ninja isn't there?! If that ends up being the case, that is just dumb. Hopefully ninja and all the other pros not competing watch and tweet it out for more viewers.

Why the heck would 1000 people not watch just because ninja isn't there?! If that ends up being the case, that is just dumb. Hopefully ninja and all the other pros not competing watch and tweet it out for more viewers.

Fanboys. Ninja has a large fanbase, the largest in the community right now. At AGL 7, after Ninja's team got knocked out, the viewers fell by about 1000.

Basically the same thing that happens in CoD when Optic Gaming is playing. I am sure Ninja will be tweeting out the stream though.

What pros are going to this agl that don't have a team?

Should have hit up PROverb when you had the chance  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think AGL 10 will be about the same as AGL 9. AGL announced that it will be another 32 team max tournament and payout will be determined by how many teams go. I don't think any full top teams will go to this one, just mixed matched pro teams going for fun if they live close. There is also no airport nearby. :/

Can anybody fill me in on what happened? Seems to be A LOT of talk about No Sprint over the past day.  There must be something I missed, because I thought the general consensus was that sprint was and has been awful ever since it was implemented first in Reach.  Did people really think NS gametypes were going to be available for v5 and are let down by 343?  Sorry if off topic, just don't know where to post to get an answer! :)

Can anybody fill me in on what happened? Seems to be A LOT of talk about No Sprint over the past day.  There must be something I missed, because I thought the general consensus was that sprint was and has been awful ever since it was implemented first in Reach.  Did people really think NS gametypes were going to be available for v5 and are let down by 343?  Sorry if off topic, just don't know where to post to get an answer! :)

Well, Ghost was just on the Go Beyond First Strike show and basically explained to everyone that he was offered a NS gametype back before Throwdown came out to MM but he said no because the playlist had no ground to stand on and has now been recently asking for the gametypes now that our community has grown since Feb '13 but Quinn/343 have either said no/ignored him about it; saying they're busy or something. 

He went on to state that he doesn't want to test NS with modded settings because of console bans etc and that he wants 343's support before testing with an official gametype. 

Basically, we have to wait for Quinn to give Ghost the official gametype and we can start "officially" testing NS for TTD.

Well, Ghost was just on the Go Beyond First Strike show and basically explained to everyone that he was offered a NS gametype back before Throwdown came out to MM but he said no because the playlist had no ground to stand on and has now been recently asking for the gametypes now that our community has grown since Feb '13 but Quinn/343 have either said no/ignored him about it; saying they're busy or something. 

He went on to state that he doesn't want to test NS with modded settings because of console bans etc and that he wants 343's support before testing with an official gametype. 

Basically, we have to wait for Quinn to give Ghost the official gametype and we can start "officially" testing NS for TTD.

Thanks for the recap.  I facepalmed at "No ground to stand on" though.  :ghost:

Thanks for the recap.  I facepalmed at "No ground to stand on" though.  :ghost:

Yeah, same. He should have just taken it as soon as he was asked. I'm sure there are other reasons as to why but it still annoys me that we could be playing NS right now. I wouldn't be typing this to you if that were the case because I'd be on Halo 4, actually enjoying myself.

Oh well, shit happens, that's life. 

The Main Attraction- KnightyKnight, Residue, Bulky, Rapture. Cya guys there, hit us up for To4's this week

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well suddenly both of my possible rides to ATL cancelled on me this morning : (. If anyone knows someone in south florida driving to the event lemme know ASAP.

I really hope AGL decides to have some sort of national championship before the year is over.  And hopefully, it's in Orlando.