Gardner

Throwdown ability to back out in lobby

74 members have voted

1. 1. Auto Lock-in

• Yes
    • No

Would you like to have the auto lock-in that the Global Challenge playlist has in Throwdown? It would help with people constantly backing out, although you wouldn't be able to pick a map.

I'm for it, because it already takes a decent amount of time to find a match, and then teammates leave, causing you to back out and research. Also, we might be able turn off JiP for Throwdown with an auto-lock, even though everybody loves it so much.

The ability to back out is killing Halo MM.

I'm a nerd and i search with my team or very solid groups of 4 ONLY, So obviously i win a lot, which in turn has made it so people who recognize my tag (Or my friends tags) back out EVERYTIME. I spend more time searching for games of people who will stick around and play then i do actually playing the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ability to back out is killing Halo MM.

I'm a nerd and i search with my team or very solid groups of 4 ONLY, So obviously i win a lot, which in turn has made it so people who recognize my tag (Or my friends tags) back out EVERYTIME. I spend more time searching for games of people who will stick around and play then i do actually playing the game.

Yeah, i know what you mean. The only reason i like it is if you know youre gonna be on a really bad host. Otherwise i hate it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, i know what you mean. The only reason i like it is if you know youre gonna be on a really bad host. Otherwise i hate it.

I actually met a guy last night from Australia who changed his Xbox location to "United states" and lied in his Xbox bio sayings he's from Cali because; He gets host almost every game and people would just see he's host, click his account profile, see he's aussie and back out. He was complaining how it has become almost impossible for him and all his over seas friends to get games in MM. Everyone just backs out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually met a guy last night from Australia who changed his Xbox location to "United states" and lied in his Xbox bio sayings he's from Cali because; He gets host almost every game and people would just see he's host, click his account profile, see he's aussie and back out. He was complaining how it has become almost impossible for him and all his over seas friends to get games in MM. Everyone just backs out.

Wow, that sucks, but its the way things work. Lol, hopefully H5 fixes the flaws of H4, and the dedicated servers fix that problem. 

I hate the back out feature. I get host damn near every game in doubles and i'm sick of ppl backing out because they didn't get it. If I went though 4 years of Halo 3 getting host a handful of times...yall can deal with not getting host in H4 lol.

It ruins the suspense of matching players or trying to beat ppl you just lost to and it ruins the overall matchmaking experience by having to keep searching because players keep leaving lobbies. Throwdown and Doubles should not have this feature.

I have to agree, I attempted to play some last night.. only to have every one on my team seemingly back out or quit in every game just because they did not like the chosen Map or Game-Type, it is awful.

I honestly do not think I won a team game at all last night.. even though I came in 1st for my Team each time. I even had to deal with a 3 vs. 1 in Slayer Pro, because my Team-Mate's quit because the other team got the Sniper Rifle on Scythe first, fortunately, I forced the game to end in a tie after raping the 3 repeatedly ;).

It was never this bad though in any previous Halo, but it has gotten awful in Halo 4 due to all this JIP and such.

That now makes alot of sense why some american hosts are red bar recently 

*goes off to change location*

I dont get why people back out in throwdown.

You have to expect to play good people when going in to that playlist. Not to mention you dont get better unless your playing people better than/just as good as you.

From experience it's about 50% chance the match is ruined before it has even begun - I'd happily take lock-in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was never this bad though in any previous Halo, but it has gotten awful in Halo 4 due to all this JIP and such.

jip isn't the problem, its the constant quitting that allows jip to occur that is the problem.

I simply mean I have met people who have the mind set that they can back out whenever or quit whenever and believe that JIP will simply get another Player to replace them, this is hardly ever the case.

Join In Progress, while good in theory, also is bad in that it makes people believe they can simply exit a game whenever they please and not be punished for it or ruin other peoples experiences when doing so. I fully  believe all the quitting and in general bull shit that happens before the game even starts is another reason Halo 4's population continues to decrease, people are fed up.

We can turn off JIP as it is but I agree with introducing auto lock in.

Reminds me more of Halo 3 voting where you play what you get. The more voting options that are presented to players, the more we will see the popular Gametypes chosen over less popular ones

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would really like to hear somebodys opinion against this.

We can turn off JIP as it is but I agree with introducing auto lock in.

Reminds me more of Halo 3 voting where you play what you get. The more voting options that are presented to players, the more we will see the popular Gametypes chosen over less popular ones

I honestly vote for variety, I become bored very fast if i play the same 4 gametypes all the time.

343 should also make it so that if you quit out of throwdown you're banned from entering the playlist for 8 hours.

It's what Counter Strike does for 5v5 competitive matchmaking and no one ever quits out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 should also make it so that if you quit out of throwdown you're banned from entering the playlist for 8 hours.

It's what Counter Strike does for 5v5 competitive matchmaking and no one ever quits out.

I am completely okay with this too. Lol, theres rarely any reason to quit, but 4 hours may be a little more reasonable than 8.

I have a bit of a high kd due to not finding actual competition in this game really all that enjoyable. I rarely play doubles either and a few months ago my buddy wanted to play dubs with me. We had nine groups in a row lobby-dodge us. NINE. A lot of them dashboarded once locked in too so we had to deal with that idiotic INFINITY SLAYER, GAME OVER nonsense. All in all, we wasted close to a half hour without actually playing the game due to this ability. The fact that this was not tested or was tested and deemed acceptable is pathetic. I guarantee the backing out and quitting rate in H4 is by FAR the worst its ever been. I almost never have a game without at least some quitters or lobby-dodging.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Until the matchmaking playlists don't have crappy options backing out needs to stay. I never back out because of playing a certain team/person, but if I'm in a lobby for example on doubles and all the options are monolith or solari I'm backing out. Those are terrible options not worth playing. Why sit through a gametype that you absolutely hate when you can back out. If the playlists of Halo 4 were better then there would be no need for this, but the reality is there are some really bad gametypes out there and many of them end up being the first in the hopper.

Yes. I'd like them to do it in every playlist - doubles is stupid. Weirdly if I ever match any decent players, they always seem to back out - what's with that? Do they only want to play teams which they know they can shit on 300-10 or something? So stupid.

Until the matchmaking playlists don't have crappy options backing out needs to stay. I never back out because of playing a certain team/person, but if I'm in a lobby for example on doubles and all the options are monolith or solari I'm backing out. Those are terrible options not worth playing. Why sit through a gametype that you absolutely hate when you can back out. If the playlists of Halo 4 were better then there would be no need for this, but the reality is there are some really bad gametypes out there and many of them end up being the first in the hopper.

The thread is specifically talking about Throwdown, where all of the gametypes are good really. For other playlists its different because the gametypes are hit or miss.

The thread is specifically talking about Throwdown, where all of the gametypes are good really. For other playlists its different because the gametypes are hit or miss.

The thread started that way but others have been talking about other lists as well. For Team Throwdown yeah I'm fine with it. For anything else, the ability to leave should stay.

if I'm in a lobby for example on doubles and all the options are monolith or solari I'm backing out. Those are terrible options not worth playing. Why sit through a gametype that you absolutely hate when you can back out?

This is going to come off judgmental so I apologize in advance.

Because maybe, JUST MAYBE, you might think that your experience is not inherently any more valuable or important than the experience of anyone else in that lobby. Y'know, I'd like to not waste 2-3 minutes setting up a match for a game that started with no opponents, but that doesn't matter to people who back out because they didn't get the map they wanted. It's like the people who did the load failure glitch on Reach and delayed the game over and over again until they got the map they wanted and then still sometimes dashboarded anyway. Why is it so common to completely disregard the experience of the other players in the game because you think you're the only important one? I may not like a certain map, but personally I'll play it anyway because I don't think my map preference trumps the idea of screwing the game for the other 6 or 7 people. I think it sucks that that basic consideration for others is not more common. I guess it's just what you value. Join in progress is the justification I suppose, but that sucks too. I guess there really is not a great solution.

Weirdly if I ever match any decent players, they always seem to back out - what's with that? Do they only want to play teams which they know they can shit on 300-10 or something? So stupid.

Those are the kids so utterly concerned with their 'elite' k/d that they literally back out of any game that looks like it might be the least bit threatening to them. Which is a tad ironic because the simple fact that they do that makes those number mean even less than they already do. Anyone can put up a high kd if they back out of any game that might be a little challenging.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do this.  However I wait to see how the connection is in game and if it's garbage I leave.  I'm not gonna waste 10-15 mins playing on a garbage host.  I don't understand how foreigners pull host on a lobby with mostly people in America.  Seems dumb to me but....

Those are the kids so utterly concerned with their 'elite' k/d that they literally back out of any game that looks like it might be the least bit threatening to them. Which is a tad ironic because the simple fact that they do that makes those number mean even less than they already do. Anyone can put up a high kd if they back out of any game that might be a little challenging.

That's what I guessed - it's pathetic. I actually want to play challenging games in doubles...all I get is any potentially good players backing out, and all the bad players quitting once we're 5-0 up :/

Maybe, just maybe, if we had in game ranks and backing out of the lobby counted as a loss it would solve all this...coupled with the idea someone else said of banning players from that playlist for a couple of hours. Currently it's just stupid.