Sign in to follow this  
Skillet

Make Flinches More Drastic

I am under the impression that 343 can't enforce descoping.  So would it work to make the flinch reaction even more flinchy?  I think that if you made the discombobulation worse when shot that it would make it mandatory to manually descope which would be a way of fixing the issue.

What do you guys think?  Would it just make the game worse?  Would it improve it?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I think that'll only make the game worse, people don't like it as it is. lol Making it worse would probably just anger people.

If they only do it for the Sniper.... maaaaaybeeee.

Increased flinch would ruin BR battles though, I'm pretty sure about that.

Dear god.. we want Flinch gone completely.. yet someone actually wants to increase the effect of it and make it even worse? Increasing Flinch would render all Precision Rifle's pretty useless, and it would mean battles at longer ranges would be nearly impossible, as we already are fighting against Recoil, Bloom, Spread, Sprint, and Flinch. Flinch will never replace De-Scope as it is a horrible Random Mechanic that simply deserves to die in the fires of Mount Doom.

Flinch is not De-Scope, and it is not a Mechanic that belongs in Halo, a game mind you.. that has Super Soldier's that have incredibly powerful Energy Shield's. De-Scope is the only Mechanic that can improve the Rifle battles, it was the whole reason Bungie implemented it in the first place. The De-Scope Mechanic decreases the overall power Rifle's have while being Scoped-In and allow the user once shot to pace and control their shots much better and not be completely fucked like we are with Flinch+Sprint+No De-Scope.

343 have destroyed much of the Foundation, Core, Heart, of Halo, it would be best if they learn  this and fix it before Halo 5, meaning fix it for Halo 4 to show people they actually care.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it would be better or worse.  I feel like if the effect of flinch was really bad that it would make it almost impossible to make the shot.  I think it would make it less random actually.  Obviously it  is unknowable until implemented.

I just want to clarify because there was a post or two that seemed confused.  I'm not saying flinch is better than descope or that I wouldn't prefer descope brought back.  But there is no chance of them bringing descope back, partially b/c of the anti-flinch upgrade.  So all I'm saying is that making shooting while in scope underfire was so shakey that it might make the no descope factor less nooby because you wouldn't be able to hit shots.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

mother_of_god_Half_Life_2_Lamp-s233x249-

In all seriousness, No.

This would make the game worse because as said above more randomness is never the answer.

The seriousness is appreciated.  However, I still think it might be efficacious.  Personally I think the game, provided that there is no descope, benefits from the flinch.  Sniping would be way too easy, or should I say way easier.

Stopping while ahead, may be a good thing, I think you are getting things twisted when it comes to what benefit's the game, and what makes the game much, much, worse,.

No disrespect intended at all, it is just not a solution or a good fit for Halo, or any game, Flinch is terrible.

Where did people get the idea that flinch is random? I was under the impression that it was the same every time. And yes, I would like the sniper to flinch more, because it's insanely easy to snipe in this game. My idea was to reverse flinch, instead of making the amount flinched equal to what weapon you got shot with, it would instead flinch based on what weapon you were holding. 

The direction you flinch depends on where on your body you were shot.

The value for flinch is applied to all weapons, not on a weapon by weapon basic.

Flinch and recoil are the same value so increasing flinch would also increase recoil on weapons like the BR and SAW.

The only increase in flinch i would agree to would be; A MAJOR increase of the visual effect of flinch well scoped in with the sniper rifle... Something needs to be done about the ease of the Sniper rifle with no descoping.