Sign in to follow this  
VODE

Primary Rifles Aim Assist Ranges

I took the time to messure the exact range aim assist kicks in for all precision rifles. The ranges where messured using the DMR's scope and are accurate to the first comma. 

The ranges before the June 3rd weapon tuning are in red, to put it into perspective (Unscoped/Scoped). The Sniper Rifle is also included, note the ridiculous unscoped RRR:

BR: ( 30,71 / 61,16 )  ->> BR: ( 27,60m / 55,10m )

Carbine: ( 30,75 / 61,21 ) ->> Carbine: ( 27,20m / 55,00m )

LR: ( 30,70 / 91,58 ) ->> LR: ( 36,65m / 109,65m )

DMR: ( 38,57 / 114,64 ) ->> DMR: ( 36,80m / 109,70m )

SR: ( 38,20m / 152,20m / 342,80m )

Although I personally did notice it on the BR and Carbine a little bit but it could very well be a placebo with the difference being so miniscule... Discuss!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Really interesting that whilst the RRR has shifted down the scale overall, the difference between the 'medium' and 'long range' rifles has actually been increased.

Aren't the DMR and LR supposed to have the same RRR?

They didn't have it before today. Kinda weird I know...

Just nitpicking: I also don't get why there are still small differences on the weapons that are supposed to be the same. BR=Carbine, DMR=LR

Like the BR has 27,60m unscoped and Carbine has 27.20m when they are supposed to be the same. Makes no sense.

It has no impact on gameplay really but why would you programm it like that? Why not make it 27m straight. lol :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm with you on the Carbine and BR and notice the reduced distance in game. I wish I hadn't seen those sniper rifle numbers though. I would've never thought the unscoped RRR was that long. It seriously needs to be 0.

It seriously needs to be 0.

Agreed. Was it zero in previous games? If not very close to I feel. Can't remember really, wasn't so obsessed with numbers then...

Snipe should have the smallest RRR for unzoomed... Not the longest. Just one easy thing to make sniping harder.

Agreed. Was it zero in previous games? If not very close to I feel. Can't remember really, wasn't so obsessed with numbers then...

I don't remember exactly. I think H2/H3 may have had red reticle within 1 or 2 meters, but the aim assist was practically 0 even with the red reticle.

I don't remember exactly. I think H2/H3 may have had red reticle within 1 or 2 meters, but the aim assist was practically 0 even with the red reticle.

One thing is for sure: The hitboxes weren't as big as they are now. In H3 getting that headshot required having the reticle on the head almost dead center... Not true for H:R and H4.

I was trying to No-Scope teammates in custom games and it's very easy... Yeah the hitboxes/bullet magnetism play a huge role.

Good observations. I think now that the rifles are so deadly, the aim assist should be decreased. I don't mean the RRR necessarily, but the amount of auto aim/bullet magnetism should be decreased. Overall, a more skillful game will play faster and be more satisfying. Thanks for posting the numbers. Also, wtf on the unscoped Sniper?

Snipe should have the smallest RRR for unzoomed... Not the longest. Just one easy thing to make sniping harder.

Agreed. Why would you give that much, if any, unscoped aim assist on a weapon that is "supposed" to be used while scoped in.

Agreed. Why would you give that much, if any, unscoped aim assist on a weapon that is "supposed" to be used while scoped in.

Kevin franklin probably wanted people to get "Flashy kills" hence that much RRR and flinch instead of descope

@VelociT But now that concept is working against a dedicated group, the montage community. It's hard to be impressed by a "snapshot" when it's so easy to pull off. We need auto aim to GTFO!

I thought the DMR was going to be kicked down to 91.5m of RRR and the LR would stay the same, what a shame. Seems like 343 is really pushing for niche loadout weapons when in reality, the BR > everything outside of BtB. 

@VelociT But now that concept is working against a dedicated group, the montage community. It's hard to be impressed by a "snapshot" when it's so easy to pull off. We need auto aim to GTFO!

I don't disagree, just saying what happened.

This game could be so much better with even less aim assist. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Beamer nerf?

@iRGush I don't know...have you checked out the Carbine recently?

Carbine is great now, dont get me wrong. But the BR takes less shots to kill, has the capability of a 2shot melee, bleedthrough, 3 kills per clip, and the ability to sweep for a headshot.

anyone else notice how op the carbine is especially on host. You can kill someone in the time it takes 2 br shots to fire.

anyone else notice how op the carbine is especially on host. You can kill someone in the time it takes 2 br shots to fire.

That is just the nature of latency in peer to peer gaming networks. The BR limits the host advantage because the burst takes time to completely fire and the delay between bursts is fairly long. This helps to nullify host advantage because, in most cases without super lag, you can only get one BR shot up on someone from host advantage. With the Carbine's semi auto nature and fast rof the host can get multiple shots off before the client even registers what's going on.

This game could would be so much better with even less aim assist. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Beamer nerf?

Apparently Quinn tweated that the beam nerf would require a TU. I assume they can only tweak the range of the auto aim of every weapon and not the amount of aim assist. Don´t qoute me on that though, this is only what I´ve heard (as I´ve also been searching for that nerf). Also I fixed your post for you ;)

Nice to see that there is eventually some sort of balance between weapons. But I think that carbine should have a longer rrr because it honestly takes the most skill to use effectively. Would like to know how the assault weapons would differ to the rifles.