Lickmyb4c0n

Halo and OG Xbox backwards compatibility?

Forgot about this thread. I posted in the MCC one about this. 13 games is less than I was expecting but the more I've been looking into old games the more lisencing issues I've found. Whacked! Is one of my favorite original Xbox games. That studio shut down, no clue who holds the rights. Mech Assault was made by Fasa Studios who had shut down as well. I do think they have the rights to the mech assault games, (not mech warrior) however there is some shitty papa roach song in the game that I don't think they can get the rights to.

Sucks there's no online servers but tbh I'm really impressed with the emulator team and the effort they have put in.

Reach came out and people complained about the poor performance, they fixed it pretty quickly imo. A few weeks ago I hop on and notice they did the same hot fix for Shadowrun... a game that I can guarantee you they received no complaints over considering I might just be the last person that plays who would vocalize it lol.

Forgot about this thread. I posted in the MCC one about this. 13 games is less than I was expecting but the more I've been looking into old games the more lisencing issues I've found. Whacked! Is one of my favorite original Xbox games. That studio shut down, no clue who holds the rights. Mech Assault was made by Fasa Studios who had shut down as well. I do think they have the rights to the mech assault games, (not mech warrior) however there is some shitty papa roach song in the game that I don't think they can get the rights to.

Sucks there's no online servers but tbh I'm really impressed with the emulator team and the effort they have put in.

Reach came out and people complained about the poor performance, they fixed it pretty quickly imo. A few weeks ago I hop on and notice they did the same hot fix for Shadowrun... a game that I can guarantee you they received no complaints over considering I might just be the last person that plays who would vocalize it lol.

I was actually expecting less than 13. Somewhere between 5-10 is what I figured.

It's not a bad lineup. KOTOR was probably the most obvious one to include. I haven't played Ninja Gaiden Black though I've heard good things. I remember playing Black, but that was pretty much the day it was released. I enjoyed it, but it's only about five hours long.

I've still got my Crimson Skies copy laying around somewhere, so I'll be playing that first. I know there's no multiplayer support right now for these games but the campaign for Crimson Skies is pretty underrated.

I was actually expecting less than 13. Somewhere between 5-10 is what I figured.

It's not a bad lineup. KOTOR was probably the most obvious one to include. I haven't played Ninja Gaiden Black though I've heard good things. I remember playing Black, but that was pretty much the day it was released. I enjoyed it, but it's only about five hours long.

I've still got my Crimson Skies copy laying around somewhere, so I'll be playing that first. I know there's no multiplayer support right now for these games but the campaign for Crimson Skies is pretty underrated.

You should definitely get NGB. Best game on the system not named Halo IMHO.

You should definitely get NGB. Best game on the system not named Halo IMHO.

Best game I played on the system other than the first Halo is probably Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. NGB never really appealed to me but I'll give it a shot sometime.

I swear to god, if this is the "surprise" that 343 claimed the BC team had for us then I'm gonna be hella upset. Yeah it's cool the game looks better on the Xbone X, but please get the fucking framerate and input lag sorted out (for vanilla Xbone users too!) before you add more texture filtering. And don't we already have MCC for higher graphical fidelity H3 anyways?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach came out and people complained about the poor performance, they fixed it pretty quickly imo.

13 games OG Xbox games might pale in comparison to the 100 (104, to be exact) Xbox 360 games that were backwards compatible back on November 12th, but it was still a little more than what I was expecting.

I still think they should consider adding online capabilities to OG Xbox Live games in some form.

I haven't played Reach in over 2 years, and even more so on the Xbox 360, I might play it again (assuming I want to even touch that game with a virtual 10ft pole), and see how well it plays now.

I'm just waiting for upscaled OG CE

Can't say I'm surprised it's wasn't one out of the 13 OG Xbox titles, but I'm still disappointed. My best guess is that Microsoft doesn't see the point in having either of the first two Halo games playable the day OG backwards compatibility releases because their answer is: "The Master Chief Collection", despite the fact that the first two games in the collection are poorly optimized ports from poorly optimized PC ports, and the fact that the entire collection is still broken - the Spring update might not even fix the game completely. Another guess would be: Microsoft and 343i both know Halo: CE and 2 would both look, and run better through BC, than they would on the MCC, and they would actually be played from their original sources. Halo is the Xbox's flagship title; Mircosoft should treat it with more respect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm very impressed. KOTOR looks amazing with its upped resolution and 60fps. I just expected a standard port over with the same visuals and frames as the old

Since they're doing these modifications, I wonder if they'd ever port halo 1 and 2 over in 4k with legitimate widescreen support, or up the framerate. probably too much to do at once but hey if even one of those happened it'd be great, would love to see that shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm very impressed. KOTOR looks amazing with its upped resolution and 60fps. I just expected a standard port over with the same visuals and frames as the old

Since they're doing these modifications, I wonder if they'd ever port halo 1 and 2 over in 4k with legitimate widescreen support, or up the framerate. probably too much to do at once but hey if even one of those happened it'd be great, would love to see that shit

Wait, is KotOR really 60? Wasn't it 30 on the OG and 360?

Give me Midnight Club 3 (all the 2nd gen Rockstar games honestly) and it's a deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never knew just how bad the 360's emulation was...

Yeah, it was pretty bad. 360 was so different from the OG Xbox, it's kind of insane they got backwards compatibility working at all.

yo am i trippin or what. Like every other (if i am lucky) or every game i end up 1 barring at the most random points in the game. And it lasts 2-6 mins. And sometimes its not just me. Its like the entire team. 

Apparently you can play Crimson Skies on Xbox One over xLink Kai. Good to know for all these other BC games.

Apparently you can play Crimson Skies on Xbox One over xLink Kai. Good to know for all these other BC games.

ya it would be nice to get games on the og games. if halo 2 ever came to BC i wonder how many people would play? right now its mostly just lockout FFA on xlink, would love to see what could happen if NA players went back to it.

Someoneneeds to make an app that can bedownloaded from the store
  • Upvote (+1) 1