Hunky Hombre

I Want To Buy A Good Intel PC

I want to start streaming in HD to Twitch and uploading to YouTube, but I am sick of using my below standard definition Dazzle! I have my mind set on the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, but it is very picky on the things it need in a computer to work. I have some ideas on what i want to get, but I don't know much about computers or building them since this will be my first. I am planning on purchasing everything from newegg.com only. I mostly need help  to know if everything is compatible with each other so i don't end up buying it and finding out it doesn't work. Also some suggestions to specific product and some links to  them. Money is not the biggest issue but i don't want to spend over 1,500 dollars. If i could please get some help, that would be awesome!

What I have so far:

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Case Item #: N82E16811139006

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K Item #: N82E16819116899   CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Item #: N82E16820145345   Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM Item #: N82E16832116992   ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Item #: N82E16814121775   Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Item #: N82E16822148767   ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS Item #: N82E16813131837

If you have the money to spare, I'd recommend getting a solid-state drive (just a small one) and putting your OS on there. It will help your computer run faster.

I would further recommend a 1 TB HDD, or maybe you could just grab a second 500 GB one.

Other than that, you have a pretty solid build there, though I would ditch the Blackmagic and go with an internal AverMedia Game Broadcaster or similar card.

If you have the money to spare, I'd recommend getting a solid-state drive (just a small one) and putting your OS on there. It will help your computer run faster.

I would further recommend a 1 TB HDD, or maybe you could just grab a second 500 GB one.

Other than that, you have a pretty solid build there, though I would ditch the Blackmagic and go with an internal AverMedia Game Broadcaster or similar card.

SSD are good if only for the OS, but they are pricey. 

I wuold recommend an Elgato over anything. Records/streams in 1080p, can automatically rewind the last 2 hours to grab something you didn't record, can capture and record simultaneously, it's software can recognize and intertwine your external mic audio into the game capture without need for a 3rd party voice capture, as well as the ability to stream directly to twitch from the Elgato Capture screen with the click of a button without the need of a 3rd party app like OBS or Xsplit. Also it is an external. So it's good for grab and go, hook up to other machines, laptops etc without being limited to your desktop. Quality is amazing too imo. 

I'd go with AMD over Intel but that's me.

I was going to say the same. I just recently bought a PC and before purchase, I talked to my Dad who is a computer expert. He told me AMD's have less chipset problems than Intel and it's just a better machine. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd go with AMD over Intel but that's me.

i was thinking of getting an AMD except the black magic required an intel. But, AMD and an ElGato doesn't sound too bad

i was thinking of getting an AMD except the black magic required an intel. But, AMD and an ElGato doesn't sound too bad

Dude Black Magic has to step up their game, there are so many good game capture devices out there and they all give the same quality.

Reference your Upload Speed before getting all this planned.

www.speedtest.net

Don't get stuck with a .5 Upload like I did.

Trust me on this one. Having an Elgato has been a pleasure. If you ever decide to record away from your desktop, say at a LAN or a buddies house, you're stuck with an internal cap card. Elgato delivers the same if not better on recording. They are also pretty good about releasing updates and patches to address any issues. If you can, get an Elgato.

Hey thanks guys for all your help! I finally got my computer and its really nice! The Elgato is such a pleasure to have and is sweet! My gaming setup is finished and i love it. Thsnks for all the help

• Upvote (+1) 1