Sign in to follow this  
Botheredhat360

Has the heavy aim update helped?

How effective was the update  

116 members have voted

1. 1. From your experience, please show how you feel about the update

• It's been extremely effective, I've had no issues aiming, and the aiming itself feels smooth.
    • It's been moderately effective, I've noticed some drag here and there but overall its been good
    • It's been slightly effective, the aiming itself has been good, but there are issues elsewhere that affect the gunplay, such as latency and blank shots
    • It hasn't been effective at all, the aiming still feels wonky and frustrating
    • It's done nothing, the update for other people was a placebo, I on the other hand, still feel EXACTLY the same
    • The update has had a negative effect on the aiming, now I'm experiencing more drag, than before.

On all dev maps, it has felt really good.  The more i played last night the better it felt.  I could actually get used to it because it felt consistent from game to game.

I had to lower my sensitivity to a more reasonable sense.  I had been playing anywhere from 1/3/3 to 1/5/5 depending on how each game felt.  Last night I got to 1.5/2.5/2(or 3) fairly quickly and stuck there.  I am still fluttering between 2 or 3 accel, but it's not a consistency problem, i'm just still feeling it out. I'm sure as I start to play more again i'll adjust some more, but i was definitely not in crisis like i have been for the better part of 2 years.

I only played one game on a forge map last night and the aim wasn't changing over the course of the game, but it didn't feel "good" like it felt on dev maps.  Framerate consistency will effect the aim in any game, but it seems like H5 is more sensitive to this.

Things that did not happen to me last night:

I did not feel like i was slogging through mud at all on any dev map. WIN!

I did not have the experience of a sudden "catch up" in acceleration, also a win.

Overall I am actually happy with the aiming now, as long as i'm playing on Dev maps.  I'll need to play on forge maps more to get a real feel for it but i think other reports back me up on this.  Hopefully this isn't just the honeymoon period.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The heavy aim is gone as far as I can see.

The weird accel curves are still there, but it's something that can be adapted to now that the aim system is consistent.

I pretty much entirely agree with what Wu Ip Man said here in one of the other threads.

Before the heavy aiming patch, the aim could be snappy and work, or it would be slow and heavy. The heaviness felt like the input would vary during mid battle.The aim no longer has fluctuations. It is perfectly consistent. That in itself is a great improvement. However, the speed of the sensitivities are now unbearably slow... I just finished playing on the new patch for 12 hours straight. Not a single game felt quick and snappy. Just consistently slow. Not heavy. Just slow. Before when the game worked it felt too fast. But it was easy to hits shots. The acceleration curve felt right. Like it was the first day or two on the first heavy aim fix.  Now the acceleration curve feels entirely different than the periods at which it worked. 4 sens feels like 2. 0 outer feels like -2. The inconsistent "input sampling" was definitely fixed. But something else was affected in the process.

My aim has felt very much as he describes it. It's consistent and I'm not feeling input lag anymore (or not as much, at least), but it feels very slow now and I've yet to get a game where my aim felt really crisp and fast like it would be in some games before the patch. Before, I had been playing on 1.5/5.5/5 with a Kontrol Freek on the right stick. Now I'm alternating between default 3/3 and 3/4.

Edit: Switched back to my old sens lol

On all dev maps, it has felt really good.  The more i played last night the better it felt.  I could actually get used to it because it felt consistent from game to game.

I had to lower my sensitivity to a more reasonable sense.  I had been playing anywhere from 1/3/3 to 1/5/5 depending on how each game felt.  Last night I got to 1.5/2.5/2(or 3) fairly quickly and stuck there.  I am still fluttering between 2 or 3 accel, but it's not a consistency problem, i'm just still feeling it out. I'm sure as I start to play more again i'll adjust some more, but i was definitely not in crisis like i have been for the better part of 2 years.

In what universe is that a reasonable sens? What has this game done to people? Good lord.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I only played one game on a forge map last night and the aim wasn't changing over the course of the game, but it didn't feel "good" like it felt on dev maps.  Framerate consistency will effect the aim in any game, but it seems like H5 is more sensitive to this.

Things that did not happen to me last night:

I did not feel like i was slogging through mud at all on any dev map. WIN!

I did not have the experience of a sudden "catch up" in acceleration, also a win.

Overall I am actually happy with the aiming now, as long as i'm playing on Dev maps.  I'll need to play on forge maps more to get a real feel for it but i think other reports back me up on this.  Hopefully this isn't just the honeymoon period.

Enjoy it while you can. I had a honeymoon period. They fixed the consistency and set the curves at the lowest common denominator. Now it's perma slow. Played for 12 hours yesterday and in the process tried everything. Every ratio, inner, outer, accel, and combination you can think of. How the aim felt in Warzone, after the first couple of days in the first patch, on Open LAN.... it never happened. Not hold onto your butts fast but turtle slow. 

My disc is broken and in the trash. Luckily I can borrow one... Meant to try the aggressive curve on an elite controller first since it is consistent now. 

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.  Even with perfect aiming, H5 is a giant turd and is not fun to play.   Makes my blood boil.  What's up with the constant freezing here lately too?  lol this game amazes me how bad it is every time I stupidly give it another shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

In what universe is that a reasonable sense? What has this game done to people? Good lord.  :wutface:

how is it not reasonable.... 1/5/5 is unreasonable.  its not even close to default.  The one im using now is default 3 minus one vertical tick....  Having customization options is good and now i just have to tweak it instead of reinvent the fucking wheel to hit shots.  Imo this day and age, only having 1-10 with no other customization options is unreasonable.  Hopefully it will stick....

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Give it a couple weeks before you say it's fixed. Remember that last update? If there is one thing I've learned it's that things get worse over time with H5.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm gonna save my vote until I've had some time to play a lot more.

Before the update yesterday I'd been playing quite a lot to the point where I could jump on everyday and my shot was good without a warm up. When it's like that it feels very natural and I can easily feel any differences.

Yesterday I got the update immediately and played before most people (I presume). The aim felt unbelievably responsive. It felt slightly slippery and quite fast compared to what I'm used to. I player two games like that and then had other stuff to do.

Today I played 2 games and it felt exactly like how Wu Ip Man described it with the slight sluggishness but overall consistency. To be honest I'm not sure if it feels just the same as it did for me before the update when it felt good. I need some more time to figure that out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's still broken, and if 343 even get's a wiff that people like the update, they'll forever forget the issue ever existed and we'll never get a real fix. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I tried it out last night and the reticule movement felt really slow, but it was less noticeable the more I played. I've been playing on 4/2 sens. I found myself missing easy shots which was likely due to me being used to the previous aiming.

It feels better, but switching to any Halo on MCC shows how sub par it is

You know your game is thrash when people switch to MCC of all games and feel relieved lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

It feels better, but switching to any Halo on MCC shows how sub par it is

Maybe all of them but Halo 3.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've played a bit today and it feels as good as it did when it was working well, before the update. The benefit is that it's now consistent at least.

As I said earlier when I jumped immediately after the update it felt stupefyingly responsive but now it feels slightly sluggish like it always did.

I've played a bit today and it feels as good as it did when it was working well, before the update. The benefit is that it's now consistent at least.

As I said earlier when I jumped immediately after the update it felt stupefyingly responsive but now it feels slightly sluggish like it always did.

Go play MCC CE for like 30 mins and then immediately jump into the 5.  You will easily see it is still shite.  

I did it yesterday.  Was three shotting people like nobodies bidness.  Hopped onto the 5, couldn't hit the broadside of a windmill. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe all of them but Halo 3.

even halo 3s mediocore aiming is more consistent than Halo 5s

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after spending constant time with this new update, I've discovered something. The outer deadzones feel as though they have moved. post patch 6 outer feels like the previous -.5 outer. Post patch 7 feels like the speed of the previous .5 if there was one.I would try out both. I'm having a lot of success with it. Been playing on 4,2,0,7 and have been destroying.

Also, I thought that 8 inner and 6 outer and 2 or 3 accel felt kind of like the beta. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So after spending constant time with this new update, I've discovered something. The outer deadzones feel as though they have moved. post patch 6 outer feels like the previous -.5 outer. Post patch 7 feels like the speed of the previous .5 if there was one.I would try out both. I'm having a lot of success with it. Been playing on 4,2,0,7 and have been destroying.

Also, I thought that 8 inner and 6 outer and 2 or 3 accel felt kind of like the beta.

I tried playing on 4,2,0,7 and dayum that felt good. It's really nice and responsive and felt natural pretty quickly. Great find.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I tried playing on 4,2,0,7 and dayum that felt good. It's really nice and responsive and felt natural pretty quickly. Great find.

Thanks. I tried it out with some other sensitivities with 2 or 3 accel and they all felt like it did on open lan with the 7 outer. 

Thanks. I tried it out with some other sensitivities with 2 or 3 accel and they all felt like it did on open lan with the 7 outer.

I've had a chance to play more on it and I definitely like it. For the first time in a long time I can actually go off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

even halo 3s mediocore aiming is more consistent than Halo 5s

I wouldn't go that far haha. On lan halo 5 probably won't vary that much from online after this patch aiming wise.

Halo 3 on lan actually felt pretty close to halo 2 both in shot registration and aim. It almost felt hitscan. Online I was firing musket shots and my spartan had no core strength and worked out with 2 lbs (Edit: .5 lbs) dumbbells for lateral deltoid raises. 

Though I will say I still notice variation in the aim from time to time even after the patch... though it is a fraction of what it was before. 

4,2,0,7 is pretty good - feels more responsive/smoother than 1/5/5. Could be honeymoon or placebo effect tho.