Sign in to follow this  
Botheredhat360

Has the heavy aim update helped?

How effective was the update  

116 members have voted

1. 1. From your experience, please show how you feel about the update

• It's been extremely effective, I've had no issues aiming, and the aiming itself feels smooth.
    • It's been moderately effective, I've noticed some drag here and there but overall its been good
    • It's been slightly effective, the aiming itself has been good, but there are issues elsewhere that affect the gunplay, such as latency and blank shots
    • It hasn't been effective at all, the aiming still feels wonky and frustrating
    • It's done nothing, the update for other people was a placebo, I on the other hand, still feel EXACTLY the same
    • The update has had a negative effect on the aiming, now I'm experiencing more drag, than before.

No I think you don't understand, if you think the reticle functions the same on a good server vs a bad server you lost your mind. First your test aren't tested with an opponent in front of you. The aim assist/magnetism drastically changes on an opponent whether I'm playing on a good connection or bad connection. These tests pointed at a wall don't figure that into the equation.

Omg dude... Again, you aren't the one that's understanding lol.

Of course the aim assist and magnetism is going to be different because what you're aiming at is not technically the spartan model (Ever heard the term hitbox? Let's say you're playing a game like Street Fighter. Technically you're not two character models fighting each other, you're a bunch of boxes fighting each other). Your red reticule is actually aiming at a bunch of boxes that you can't physically see and your magnetism is affected by those boxes. Where those boxes are, are completely dependent on the ping/latency you have to the server you're playing on.

While explaining all of that, once again Tactics, WE. ARE. NOT. TALKING. ABOUT. LATENCY. TO. A. SERVER.

As Beast just mentioned and something that you're not seeming to understand is that THE ACTUAL CORE AIMING IN THE GAME IS DIFFERENT ON PC. THERE IS INPUT DELAY REGARDLESS OF WHAT SERVER YOU'RE PLAYING ON IN HALO 5 ON XBOX. Once you let go of the right stick on Xbox, your reticule still moves for additional couple of frames. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. This doesn't happen on the PC version and I literally SHOW that in the video. It's even like this in the campaign mode. And most importantly, I'm not even aiming at anything! So what in the world are you talking about RRR and magnetism for? I'm not talking about auto aim and magnetism! Lol... Jeez...

So why not play tournaments on PC then?

And omg I've already answered this PC question.. It feels like you're just stuck in a loop and not even attempting to read anything that's being said to you.

It's not that we want to migrate to PC man lol. I don't think you're understanding the issue we're having.

First of all, you keep mentioning that "comparing custom games to matchmaking isn't a good comparison." I don't know if you're trying to defend 343 or anything like that bro, but there's nothing about this conversation that has anything to do with servers. My Direct Input into a controller that interacts with my device that's directly in front of me should not differ whether or not I'm playing online or offline or another server altogether. The aiming should be responsive no matter what you're playing. Regardless, even in my test video, both tests are conducted in custom games on both platforms; and the aim is more precise in the PC version. If there were matchmaking on PC, the results would be (and should be, because how you aim shouldn't depend on what server you're playing on) relative to the custom game results.

Secondly, Halo 5 on PC is a demanding game. It's not feasible this late in the games life cycle to push to an entirely different platform. I don't think anyone is pushing for that. The only thing we want is how the aiming feels because it feels RESPONSIVE.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So will Xbox One X presumably fix the problem we are encountering because of it's updated specs?

So will Xbox One X presumably fix the problem we are encountering because of it's updated specs?

Depends what the problem is.

If its because the thread is delayed that is computing aiming on the xbox one then maybe.

If its because of a core code difference between the xbox version and PC port than probably not.

If its because of the way hardware polling or sampling works between the two, probably not.

Personally, other than being different than prior games, i find the xbox aiming to be fine now since the last patch. By f8ne i mean i can use a default sense and its condistent from game to game however.....

When i hop on PC there is still a clear improvement. It just feels better and cleaner, which is hard to explain. This indicates to me that the difference is either a consequence of code changes from porting the game over or inherent differences in the xbox vs pc hardware.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else ever get that shit where sticky aim seemingly turns off after you pop shields? Wtf is that?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone else ever get that shit where sticky aim seemingly turns off after you pop shields? Wtf is that?

For the past year and a half I thought that it was just me.... I'm glad I am not the only one who notices it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it might just be headcasing, but the same happens to me.  All my shots connect (this is most observable in octagon for me), and then the final just zooms away, as if my finger jerked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a real thing, it's like aim assist just disappears with shields.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've experienced that with multiple Halos. I always think it's just me missing when it happens, but it would explain why it seems harder to hit the last shot a lot of times.