Sign in to follow this  
Botheredhat360

Has the heavy aim update helped?

How effective was the update  

116 members have voted

1. 1. From your experience, please show how you feel about the update

• It's been extremely effective, I've had no issues aiming, and the aiming itself feels smooth.
    • It's been moderately effective, I've noticed some drag here and there but overall its been good
    • It's been slightly effective, the aiming itself has been good, but there are issues elsewhere that affect the gunplay, such as latency and blank shots
    • It hasn't been effective at all, the aiming still feels wonky and frustrating
    • It's done nothing, the update for other people was a placebo, I on the other hand, still feel EXACTLY the same
    • The update has had a negative effect on the aiming, now I'm experiencing more drag, than before.

Has the aim sustained the level of correction that was implemented two weeks ago? I've been out of town on work.

Feels fine to me. There is definitely consistency, which is what mattered above all else for me.

I only play once or twice a week for a few hours but I no longer feel like I have to work to get my shot back.

I think the servers are the biggest problem now.

I absolutely have more issues now with hit registration/ghost bullets than ever before.  I really think there are some inherent problems with the H5 multiplayer netcode at this point.  I am embarrassed at the number of times I die now because I reload after a clear headshot that simply doesn't register.  Using a net duma router I can force my connection to nearby datacenter servers in the US yet I still play against people from Columbia and Brazil who appear, in game, as if they are hosting the server from their basement.  It is almost like the servers see who has the worst connection and then cater to that person as sort of a least common denomenator.  Seriously, next time you come up against someone who clearly appears to shoot/move faster than you check their profile - in almost all cases they are foreign to the US and yet I'm connecting to a server with 20 ms latency.  Makes no sense.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still believe it's not fixed. It's like the last aim update, feels really good in the beginning but just gets worse and worse. AND it's not consistent through different accounts. New accounts still feel much lighter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I absolutely have more issues now with hit registration/ghost bullets than ever before.  I really think there are some inherent problems with the H5 multiplayer netcode at this point.  I am embarrassed at the number of times I die now because I reload after a clear headshot that simply doesn't register.  Using a net duma router I can force my connection to nearby datacenter servers in the US yet I still play against people from Columbia and Brazil who appear, in game, as if they are hosting the server from their basement.  It is almost like the servers see who has the worst connection and then cater to that person as sort of a least common denomenator.  Seriously, next time you come up against someone who clearly appears to shoot/move faster than you check their profile - in almost all cases they are foreign to the US and yet I'm connecting to a server with 20 ms latency.  Makes no sense.  

I'm inclined to think they lowered the tick rate. Shot registration is worse and I was regularly spawning into nades after the update. I'd take last gen shot registration for consistent aim any day. (Even though neither should be a problem)

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO:

Shot registration is at an all-time low

Servers are absolutely unstable.  (If someone from a different country is in your game, GG)

I swear the hitbox for a headshot was moved or lessened in some way

Heavy Aim is returning (just like it happened in the last update)

:salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright. For those of you that don't know, I was able to play the first two days or so of the patch and then I went to work. I came back and started playing again a couple days ago. 

The aiming has definitely regressed some. It's still a lot better than it was... but it has lost the snappiness it had. It also feels like a new problem has developed. I don't know what it is but the best comparison I can think of is the polling issue that was theorized before. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright. For those of you that don't know, I was able to play the first two days or so of the patch and then I went to work. I came back and started playing again a couple days ago. 

The aiming has definitely regressed some. It's still a lot better than it was... but it has lost the snappiness it had. It also feels like a new problem has developed. I don't know what it is but the best comparison I can think of is the polling issue that was theorized before. 

Yeah, the crispyness is gone and it's not consistent from game to game either. AND different accounts still feels different from eachother. AND it still gets Heavier when playing with more people in a fireteam.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, the crispyness is gone and it's not consistent from game to game either. AND different accounts still feels different from eachother. AND it still gets Heavier when playing with more people in a fireteam.

I pretty much replied to Sketch on reddit a few weeks back directly stating this and he dismissed it mostly.  I mentioned how the console aiming still feels nothing like PC aiming with a controller (feels perfect really) and he said that didn't like up with the feedback he had heard from pros and prominent players in the scene.  I know that to be false because Lethal and Snakebite commented on day 1 or 2 of the patch that while it felt better it certainly did not compare to how fluid it feels on PC.  FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 2

I pretty much replied to Sketch on reddit a few weeks back directly stating this and he dismissed it mostly. I mentioned how the console aiming still feels nothing like PC aiming with a controller (feels perfect really) and he said that didn't like up with the feedback he had heard from pros and prominent players in the scene. I know that to be false because Lethal and Snakebite commented on day 1 or 2 of the patch that while it felt better it certainly did not compare to how fluid it feels on PC. FeelsBadMan

Here's my question though, are people putting the countless hours in on ranked matches on PC? Cause the aim felt real good at first after the update. Playing a couple games here and there on PC isn't equal to the over time of playing in matchingmaking where your playing on different servers constantly.

Here's my question though, are people putting the countless hours in on ranked matches on PC? Cause the aim felt real good at first after the update. Playing a couple games here and there on PC isn't equal to the over time of playing in matchingmaking where your playing on different servers constantly.

Literally everyone that has played on PC has said the aiming is completely different. Even pro players that know the aim system better than anyone.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Have you played a custom game on PC with a controller?  its not even remotely close to how the game feels on console...I'm no pro but I've played enough H5 to be able to tell in the first 30 seconds of a game on console if the aiming is going to be shit that game.  Its never that way on the PC...any server...any map...any amount of people. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Literally everyone that has played on PC has said the aiming is completely different. Even pro players that know the aim system better than anyone.

Are you some sort of PC elitist bro? 

You don't need countless hours to tell the difference though. You can play H5 on PC for like 5 seconds and immediately tell the difference. And it's not just a couple of people. Damn near every single person on here that has played it has mentioned it. Considering you're even asking this question it's pretty safe to assume you haven't tried the PC version yet, correct? Ask ANYONE who has played it. There's literally a functional difference in the input.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/15260-hcs-pro-league-summer-2017-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/page-984?do=findComment&comment=964699

• Upvote (+1) 3

I haven't played the PC version no. I just no comparing custom games to matchmaking isn't a good comparison. If the PC is so much better pros should push for events to be played on them instead of the Xbox.

I haven't played the PC version no. I just no comparing custom games to matchmaking isn't a good comparison. If the PC is so much better pros should push for events to be played on them instead of the Xbox.

It's not that we want to migrate to PC man lol. I don't think you're understanding the issue we're having.

First of all, you keep mentioning that "comparing custom games to matchmaking isn't a good comparison." I don't know if you're trying to defend 343 or anything like that bro, but there's nothing about this conversation that has anything to do with servers. My Direct Input into a controller that interacts with my device that's directly in front of me should not differ whether or not I'm playing online or offline or another server altogether. The aiming should be responsive no matter what you're playing. Regardless, even in my test video, both tests are conducted in custom games on both platforms; and the aim is more precise in the PC version. If there were matchmaking on PC, the results would be (and should be, because how you aim shouldn't depend on what server you're playing on) relative to the custom game results.

Secondly, Halo 5 on PC is a demanding game. It's not feasible this late in the games life cycle to push to an entirely different platform. I don't think anyone is pushing for that. The only thing we want is how the aiming feels because it feels RESPONSIVE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not that we want to migrate to PC man lol. I don't think you're understanding the issue we're having.

First of all, you keep mentioning that "comparing custom games to matchmaking isn't a good comparison." I don't know if you're trying to defend 343 or anything like that bro, but there's nothing about this conversation that has anything to do with servers. My Direct Input into a controller that interacts with my device that's directly in front of me should not differ whether or not I'm playing online or offline or another server altogether. The aiming should be responsive no matter what you're playing. Regardless, even in my test video, both tests are conducted in custom games on both platforms; and the aim is more precise in the PC version. If there were matchmaking on PC, the results would be (and should be, because how you aim shouldn't depend on what server you're playing on) relative to the custom game results.

Secondly, Halo 5 on PC is a demanding game. It's not feasible this late in the games life cycle to push to an entirely different platform. I don't think anyone is pushing for that. The only thing we want is how the aiming feels because it feels RESPONSIVE.

I completely agree that it shouldn't matter whether online or offline etc.. But it does matter in this game. On a laggy server/connection my reticle functions totally different than when on a good server, I'm not saying that it should just that it does. And under no circumstances will I ever defend 343.

I completely agree that it shouldn't matter whether online or offline etc.. But it does matter in this game. On a laggy server/connection my reticle functions totally different than when on a good server, I'm not saying that it should just that it does. And under no circumstances will I ever defend 343.

It doesn't matter if the server is laggy or not man. It doesn't matter. The PC version is better than the Xbox version no matter what the server is on because the INPUT WITH THE CONTROLLER IS MORE RESPONSIVE. I'm not seeing how you're not getting this lol. I conducted this test like 40 times, I didn't just do it once and make a YouTube video about it. We've been testing this stuff for months because we've been trying to figure out why the aiming is so ass on Xbox compared to PC. 

If you watched that video when I was conducting the actual test, there's a part where you hear me say the number before it actually occurs. Because I did the test numerous times and already had them recorded before I even turned the game on. You do know that custom games also work on servers correct? Every time I reconnect to a game, I'm connecting to a different server more than likely. According to what you're arguing, I should be getting different results every time but I didn't.

The server issue that you're referring to is what we on this forum refer to as heavy aim. I am NOT talking about Heavy Aim at the moment. I'm specifically talking about the input latency you receive on Xbox compared to the PC version.

No I think you don't understand, if you think the reticle functions the same on a good server vs a bad server you lost your mind. First your test aren't tested with an opponent in front of you. The aim assist/magnetism drastically changes on an opponent whether I'm playing on a good connection or bad connection. These tests pointed at a wall don't figure that into the equation.

• Downvote (-1) 1

No I think you don't understand, if you think the reticle functions the same on a good server vs a bad server you lost your mind. First your test aren't tested with an opponent in front of you. The aim assist/magnetism drastically changes on an opponent whether I'm playing on a good connection or bad connection. These tests pointed at a wall don't figure that into the equation.

Dude that's all irrelevant. The aiming systems AT THEIR CORE function differently. H5 on the BEST server in the world isn't as good as PC aiming period. All the other factors are on console only. People have played high ping PC and haven't had the issue console has.
  • Upvote (+1) 2