Sign in to follow this  
Botheredhat360

Has the heavy aim update helped?

How effective was the update  

116 members have voted

1. 1. From your experience, please show how you feel about the update

• It's been extremely effective, I've had no issues aiming, and the aiming itself feels smooth.
    • It's been moderately effective, I've noticed some drag here and there but overall its been good
    • It's been slightly effective, the aiming itself has been good, but there are issues elsewhere that affect the gunplay, such as latency and blank shots
    • It hasn't been effective at all, the aiming still feels wonky and frustrating
    • It's done nothing, the update for other people was a placebo, I on the other hand, still feel EXACTLY the same
    • The update has had a negative effect on the aiming, now I'm experiencing more drag, than before.

but... but i was starting to believe in 4,2,0,7...  lol.   Let me know your thoughts on 4,4 post patch as it relates to 4,2 pre patch.  Honestly, I added 7% inner deadzone yesterday to go with 7% outer and the inner deadzone felt more consistant for me.  Switch it from 0 to 7 in game showed a huge difference 

I'm not saying 7 outer is a bad thing. It feels really nice. I'm just saying I was wrong about the deadzones moving. I'll test what I can. I'm about to get shipped out for work for a good month in a couple days.

After playing another couple of hours i stand by what i said a few days ago.  Aiming feels good now.  Not great, but good.  Its consistent.

Default sensitivities actually make sense now.  I switched from 1.5/2.5/0/0 with 2 or 3 accel to default 3 with 2 accel. 7.5/10.  The aiming is good enough that it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game but the acceleration overall is definitely a bit faster.  Every button press feels faster really.

1 note because i am suuuuure someone is going to call me a shill or whatever for simply thinking aiming is at an "Acceptable" state now: The aiming is still not great, but its not ruining the experience for me anymore.  If they could keep improving it i would welcome that.

Sad times for Halo when the AIMING is "barely acceptable" and we (some people) are happy. I guess the population is so low the only people still playing will defend it. 

We should really demand better for Halo and simply not support this developer and game. Even with all these updates to the aiming it's still miles behind what we had just one release ago, not even mentioning the fucking beta for this very game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just tried a few games with 7% outer deadzone. Maybe that's the way to go. Feels nice.   :)

Edit: It's not it. Changed it back.

IMO the aiming is vastly improved.

I've only played a couple of games so this could be honeymoon period, but if it continues to feel this good I may actually start playing this game regularly again.

It's still not on par with Halo 1 (I think the input latency is still a bit higher), but whatever 343 has done has made it feel better for me.

I don't feel heavy aim like it was but I do feel like all the sens feel slower. I had no issue with 1/5/5 pre-patch. Post patch it just didn't feel good at all. I kept fiddling around and still feel lost.

Playing on 4/4, 1 accel and 7% outer feels quite nice. Definitely seeing an improvement with the aiming. 

I don't feel heavy aim like it was but I do feel like all the sens feel slower. I had no issue with 1/5/5 pre-patch. Post patch it just didn't feel good at all. I kept fiddling around and still feel lost.

Try a default sense.  I was on 1/3.5/5 pre-patch, now im just on default 3/2 and its the best the aim has felt since release.

Try a default sense.  I was on 1/3.5/5 pre-patch, now im just on default 3/2 and its the best the aim has felt since release.

Yea I settled back on 4/3 and I have to say once you grind out some games it does feel as good as its felt since I can remember.  I wish I could turn off my settings page so I won't even be tempted to change it to anything else.

but... but i was starting to believe in 4,2,0,7...  lol.   Let me know your thoughts on 4,4 post patch as it relates to 4,2 pre patch.  Honestly, I added 7% inner deadzone yesterday to go with 7% outer and the inner deadzone felt more consistant for me.  Switch it from 0 to 7 in game showed a huge difference 

Stuck with the 7 outer. 3407 is a bit more solid aiming wise I think. It will be my back up sense when im not using 4207.

The 00 was just so slow. I tried 4400 and 4500 and it was just sluggish.

Has anyone tried playing these settings on the campaign? I tried it yesterday and the aiming feels very different on campaign versus online (which it always did for me) and I was wondering if it felt different for anyone else?

Has anyone tried playing these settings on the campaign? I tried it yesterday and the aiming feels very different on campaign versus online (which it always did for me) and I was wondering if it felt different for anyone else?

What's a Campaign?
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I guess I'm slightly different. I've been using 4,2,7,0 since the update. I tried 0,7 but it felt a little too loose. The biggest thing that I noticed since the update is that my aiming with the pistol has been better.

I tried 3-3-0-7 and it felt.more responsive than usual. Only played one game but I'll give this a shot.

I still think that the aiming isn't really consistent. It still differs a little bit depending on the server AND depending on what account you play on. Maybe it is just me and I'm headcasing, but atleast that's what I feel.

EDIT: AND playing solo is much better than playing with a to4.

Edit2: Warzone servers feels so much better than Arena.

Noticed my aim getting heavier over the last few days since this update? Seems to be getting worse day-by-day. Maybe it's doing the same thing as the last aiming patch...

Edit: I've noticed in settings differences when the gametypes have core base traits or different primary/secondary weapons the aim gets heavier

• Upvote (+1) 2

Noticed my aim getting heavier over the last few days since this update? Seems to be getting worse day-by-day. Maybe it's doing the same thing as the last aiming patch...

Edit: I've noticed in settings differences when the gametypes have core base traits or different primary/secondary weapons the aim gets heavier

That's just in your mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the aim sustained the level of correction that was implemented two weeks ago? I've been out of town on work.

Headcasing has reached new heights in here