Sign in to follow this  
Botheredhat360

Has the heavy aim update helped?

How effective was the update  

116 members have voted

1. 1. From your experience, please show how you feel about the update

• It's been extremely effective, I've had no issues aiming, and the aiming itself feels smooth.
    • It's been moderately effective, I've noticed some drag here and there but overall its been good
    • It's been slightly effective, the aiming itself has been good, but there are issues elsewhere that affect the gunplay, such as latency and blank shots
    • It hasn't been effective at all, the aiming still feels wonky and frustrating
    • It's done nothing, the update for other people was a placebo, I on the other hand, still feel EXACTLY the same
    • The update has had a negative effect on the aiming, now I'm experiencing more drag, than before.

4,2,0,7 is pretty good - feels more responsive/smoother than 1/5/5. Could be honeymoon or placebo effect tho.

Good to hear. Did you experiment with 3 accel at all? It's pretty good as well. noticeably more difficult though. 

Can't believe there are aiming problems in an FPS game in 2017.

Anyway, it feels better....more consistent, but if Halo 6 gets release and its got the same aiming as Halo 5 then I won't be playing it much as its still very far from smooth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good to hear. Did you experiment with 3 accel at all? It's pretty good as well. noticeably more difficult though. 

Nah, laggy servers and teammates allergic to pulling flags made me quit for the day... next time 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When y'all say 4/2 do you mean standard 4 sense or 4-4 with 2 acceleration??

standard 4 sens with 2 accel

I'm not going back to lopsided aiming but I'll try the acceleration and dead zones.

I have to say that this update has actually made the Sniper and weapons like the BR (that have been very easy to use in H5, up until now) a tad bit more challenging to use... but in a sense, they are also more responsive to your actual input. Previously with the sniper, I would get this somewhat awkward "leveling effect" when I would aim diagonally for a headshot... the crosshair would move upwards diagonally and almost "catch" at a certain point around the targeted enemy, and the reticule would almost seeming "track" towards the player model's head and the headshot would connect with a properly timed shot.

At times, this would make sniping easier, particularly at range... but in other instances, namely at a closer ranges, more awkward. I hit some pretty nice clips last night, and some borderline whip-shots and I don't think I would've hit otherwise on the older aiming system, but due to the consistent nature of the aiming now, they felt a LOT more satisfying... In short, I think the Sniper finally feels right. It's not too easy, and actually feels rewarding to connect.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/31996793 (sidenote: love the stabilizers)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/31996935

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/31996991

Pistol engagements feel much more natural up-close, everything just FEELS better in terms of aiming... my only complaint is sometimes the hit-reg feels a tad off... almost like the aiming and hit-reg were somehow tied together somehow on the server before. Now it almost feels as if the "link" for the aiming has been detached from the server quality (a very good thing) but the hit-reg is somehow "independent" of the aiming now, somehow. Very hard to explain, but before it's like the game "granted" you hits based off of aim/server relation... now it's like you hit what you hit, almost as if bullet-mag influence has dropped a bit.

That's just my assessment, and how it feels to me... Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the update. The aiming DOES feel a lot more consistent and like there's less shenanigans going on...

I have to say that this update has actually made the Sniper and weapons like the BR (that have been very easy to use in H5, up until now) a tad bit more challenging to use... but in a sense, they are also more responsive to your actual input. Previously with the sniper, I would get this somewhat awkward "leveling effect" when I would aim diagonally for a headshot... the crosshair would move upwards diagonally and almost "catch" at a certain point around the targeted enemy, and the reticule would almost seeming "track" towards the player model's head and the headshot would connect with a properly timed shot.

At times, this would make sniping easier, particularly at range... but in other instances, namely at a closer ranges, more awkward. I hit some pretty nice clips last night, and some borderline whip-shots and I don't think I would've hit otherwise on the older aiming system, but due to the consistent nature of the aiming now, they felt a LOT more satisfying... In short, I think the Sniper finally feels right. It's not too easy, and actually feels rewarding to connect.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/31996793 (sidenote: love the stabilizers)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/31996935

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lickmyb4c0n/video/31996991

Pistol engagements feel much more natural up-close, everything just FEELS better in terms of aiming... my only complaint is sometimes the hit-reg feels a tad off... almost like the aiming and hit-reg were somehow tied together somehow on the server before. Now it almost feels as if the "link" for the aiming has been detached from the server quality (a very good thing) but the hit-reg is somehow "independent" of the aiming now, somehow. Very hard to explain, but before it's like the game "granted" you hits based off of aim/server relation... now it's like you hit what you hit, almost as if bullet-mag influence has dropped a bit.

That's just my assessment, and how it feels to me... Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the update. The aiming DOES feel a lot more consistent and like there's less shenanigans going on...

Try the 7 outer train bro. 

Tick rates are what affect hit registration if independent of netcode and the quality of your connection. Not saying that's what it was. But your internet hasn't changed... so it's the netcode or the tick rate. Or it's just possible more people are playing since the patch is out and it is bogging down the servers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Try the 7 outer train bro. 

Tick rates are what affect hit registration if independent of netcode and the quality of your connection. Not saying that's what it was. But your internet hasn't changed... so it's the netcode or the tick rate. Or it's just possible more people are playing since the patch is out and it is bogging down the servers.

7% outer deadzones? Sorry I'm not following... lol

read the previous page

I'm pretty sure my settings are coincidentally very close to yours already lol... 4 sens, 2 accel, 0 inner, and somewhere around 7 outer... not sure the exact deadzone number, but it's oddly close to yours.

I was playing 5 sens, 2 accel pre-patch, but bumped it down to 4 post... that's too funny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure my settings are coincidentally very close to yours already lol... 4 sens, 2 accel, 0 inner, and somewhere around 7 outer... not sure the exact deadzone number, but it's oddly close to yours.

I was playing 5 sens, 2 accel pre-patch, but bumped it down to 4 post... that's too funny.

Nice haha.

Nice haha.

Actually I must've changed it at some point, I'm actually running 4,2,12,3.

Weird combo, I honestly don't remember when I changed it to this, if ever, but it feels good... a little slick at first but I get that nice little "snap" when I whip around with the Magnum, and I don't usually over-aim when trying to cover a new angle.

Feels pretty natural...

didn't fix crap, its so obvious when you thrust in a gunfight and you cant move your aimer, the first day was actually good but then it just reverted back. Pretty sure they just put some glue on the sinking ship and said its a "proven fix".

the first day was actually good but then it just reverted back. 

Placebo at its finest.

Placebo at its finest.

Honestly I don't think it is placebo. At least not for everyone. For me it did feel better when I played within the first 30 mins of the update going live. Then the next day it felt the same as before the update but more consistent between playlists (which was a huge issue for me).

Obviously it's hard to believe and I'm sure for some people the difference could be in their heads. But just bear in mind that once upon a time anyone who claimed that the aim felt weird was called a headcase, because they were sensitive to heavy aim. It wasn't until heavy aim got worse that people started to take it seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha. That's brilliant.

I told him I would sub if he tried it out and he started dominating when he change so he kept it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@343 make the fucking aiming like halo 4 or H2A please

why the hell is it so hard to be precise with the pistol

• Upvote (+1) 2

I told him I would sub if he tried it out and he started dominating when he change so he kept it.

So Wu you run 4-3 with 0% inner and 7% outer?  That seemingly the magic spot?  I ran 4/2/0/7 and it felt good but i can still tell that game to game some are more responsive than others.  Still feels much better this patch just not perfect.

So Wu you run 4-3 with 0% inner and 7% outer?  That seemingly the magic spot?  I ran 4/2/0/7 and it felt good but i can still tell that game to game some are more responsive than others.  Still feels much better this patch just not perfect.

I was running 4,2,0,7. However, someone who knows more about the patch told me I was incorrect. I was told to simply raise my accel if I wanted the same settings as before. Pre-patch i was running 4,2,0,0. So I'm going to run 4,4,0,0 for a while.

Nah, laggy servers and teammates allergic to pulling flags made me quit for the day... next time 

u now have gold bar because of me lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was running 4,2,0,7. However, someone who knows more about the patch told me I was incorrect. I was told to simply raise my accel if I wanted the same settings as before. Pre-patch i was running 4,2,0,0. So I'm going to run 4,4,0,0 for a while.

but... but i was starting to believe in 4,2,0,7...  lol.   Let me know your thoughts on 4,4 post patch as it relates to 4,2 pre patch.  Honestly, I added 7% inner deadzone yesterday to go with 7% outer and the inner deadzone felt more consistant for me.  Switch it from 0 to 7 in game showed a huge difference