Just ran a few, the fact that I can go into ranked and

A. Know that my chances of getting Xboxkid123456 on my team are next to none
B. Play BRs 95% of the time
C. Not have to deal with Parties of Four while I'm searching solo

Makes this better than MCC

Nah dude 30fps is gonna kill us

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't find Mythic 1 anywhere

That happened to me too with mythic 2. I just checked the ready to install under manage game a little bit later and it randomly appeared finally. 

Somehow, the spawns have been slightly changed for 1v1s (not noticed it for anything else). I wonder what or even how they've managed to do that.

Anyone else who's played 1v1s noticed it, especially on guardian?

Just ran a few, the fact that I can go into ranked and

A. Know that my chances of getting Xboxkid123456 on my team are next to none
B. Play BRs 95% of the time
C. Not have to deal with Parties of Four while I'm searching solo

Makes this better than any Halo that has come out since

I never understood why Bungie got rid of party restrictions and skill matching in Reach. The game was still popular, the netcode was way better so even on higher pings the game was acceptable, so why throw one of Halo's core MM features out of the window just to get a little faster search times?

I know why 343 did it. H4 because they had no idea what they were doing and just copy n pasted CoD's matchmaking, H5 because the population is abysmal.

• Upvote (+1) 3

an actual rank system/matchmaking in a halo game in 2017.....incredible

If only the game had depth.

"Halo 3 kids" isn't an insult, it's a descriptor.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Last time I'll ever have a love affair with a video game. I'd go as far as to say that game actually impacted my life.

If only the game had depth.

"Halo 3 kids" isn't an insult, it's a descriptor.

we can't have it all...apparently 

we can't have it all...apparently

Nope. We can't have tight gunplay, a decently-crafted sandbox, or a good FoV because Bungie never bothered to make minor gameplay tweeks (which would make the game MARGINALLY better), and 343i doesn't see our vision of competitive Halo, so we'll just settle for Halo 3 (ODST is still a better game, by the way).

Look, I appreciate that all the five 360 titles (make it two) are backwards compatible, but it's hard to play Halo 3 without noticing its glaring flaws - flaws that could've been fix if Bungie just pulled their heads out of their asses and realized that putting spread on the BR and nerfing about every other weapon in the game was mind-bloggingly stupid. It's clear Bungie never really cared for Halo's competitive scene.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss Halo. I may buy a xbox one just to play halo 3 with my friends for old time sake. It'd be dope if they reset all ranks.

Repopulate H3. Even if for one week only.I played a good amount over the weekend and my main issue was the foreign host I kept playing on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone here has the MLG maps and gametypes, can you possibly add them to your file share? I don't know if it's problem with the MLG Gametypes gamertag or the file share servers in general, but I can't get them all to download. So far the only map that has successfully downloaded without error was MLG Pit v8. 

I miss Halo. I may buy a xbox one just to play halo 3 with my friends for old time sake. It'd be dope if they reset all ranks.

If all you want is H3, a 360 may be cheaper, and you won't get any emulation bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone here has the MLG maps and gametypes, can you possibly add them to your file share? I don't know if it's problem with the MLG Gametypes gamertag or the file share servers in general, but I can't get them all to download. So far the only map that has successfully downloaded without error was MLG Pit v8. 

File sharing in general is having issues - asking someone to add the maps to their file share isn't going to help.

We want to give a big shout out to our partners on the Xbox back-compat team for all of their hard work bringing Halo 3 and the other classic titles to Xbox One. In addition to getting these titles up and running on Xbox One we're also grateful for their support with our hands-on preview at RTX Austin earlier this Summer and a special PAX studio-visit event last month. It's been a great partnership but the back-compat team isn't quite done yet - in honor of Halo 3's 10th birthday we've been working closely with them on some additional awesome things for Halo 3. We can't spill the beans just yet, but stay tuned for more info soon.

From 343's happy birthday post, could possibly be that the BC team has worked on getting BC games to run on higher-than-native resolutions starting with Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah dude 30fps is gonna kill us

Halo was only good when it was running at 30fps. Anything higher just doesn't feel like Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo was only good when it was running at 30fps. Anything higher just doesn't feel like Halo.

I can't believe people are whining about a Halo game running at 30FPS when it's been like that for 11 years into the series' lifespan. Some of the people here wouldn't last five seconds playing Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the N64. Those games run at an even lower framerate, and have twice the framerate drops Halo 3 has on any platform.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

File sharing in general is having issues - asking someone to add the maps to their file share isn't going to help.

Might have to just bite the bullet and crowd the area with my 360 then. 

I have had the MLG Gametypes on my File Share for years. I keep trying to download them and more than half won't download. What gives?

EDIT: I also went to MLG Gametypes and some download while others won't still. What is wrong with the system?

I have had the MLG Gametypes on my File Share for years. I keep trying to download them and more than half won't download. What gives?

EDIT: I also went to MLG Gametypes and some download while others won't still. What is wrong with the system?

File sharing has been having problems - they are chasing it up.

From 343's happy birthday post, could possibly be that the BC team has worked on getting BC games to run on higher-than-native resolutions starting with Halo 3.

Mebbe they could do something like the Chimera mod for 60 fps?

10 Years. 10 Years this game has been out. And for some stupid reason I still get nothing but quitters on my team. 0-0 game in CTF? Nah I don't want to play anymore.

Every. Single. Time.

Nothing has changed. I have to be the unluckiest player on the planet.

Zzzzz don't care.

Start supporting the game again.

Bring back the stats.

Ban the cheaters.

Mebbe they could do something like the Chimera mod for 60 fps?

Will never happen. It's M$'s BC team, not a remaster team.

Zzzzz don't care.

Start supporting the game again.

Bring back the stats.

Ban the cheaters.

That's up to 343 and not M$'s BC team.

10 Years. 10 Years this game has been out. And for some stupid reason I still get nothing but quitters on my team. 0-0 game in CTF? Nah I don't want to play anymore.

Every. Single. Time.

Nothing has changed. I have to be the unluckiest player on the planet.

Probably lots of people are quitting because they can't bare the framerate, I was one of them. I played a full minute and quit.