CyReN

Halo Series Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Discussion

So me and my friend have been uninstalling and installing DLC for the past 2 hours so we can play H3 BTB together.

I would've given up after 15 minutes. Seems you guys are committed to having the complete Halo 3 experience.

I am only interested in replaying ODST.

I can't stand H3. </unpopularopinion.puff.jpeg>

Halo 3: ODST had a much better Campaign and introduced Firefight. It's my favorite Xbox 360 Halo game out of them all, and will be my most played Halo game out of all 5 of them (especially Reach, hence the number, "5").

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had no issues getting the DLC, didn't try finding a game but I couldn't download any files. There's a map/mode I love called yellow brick road. Found the GT and files but they just stay "pending". After a while, like 20 seconds of looking at the file share, it vanishes and tells me there is an error reaching this users file share.

I was able to download something off bungies favorites so I'm not too sure..

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would've given up after 15 minutes. Seems you guys are committed to having the complete Halo 3 experience.

We actually met through H3. We kind of lost touch and then I randomly ran into him in MCC a few weeks ago and we started playing regularly again. We were totally looking forward to H3 BC to relive the memories, but Microsoft had other plans for us apparently.

I had no issues getting the DLC, didn't try finding a game but I couldn't download any files. There's a map/mode I love called yellow brick road. Found the GT and files but they just stay "pending". After a while, like 20 seconds of looking at the file share, it vanishes and tells me there is an error reaching this users file share.

I was able to download something off bungies favorites so I'm not too sure..

Lol I can download stuff from fileshares easily, but can't get the DLC to work. #JustXboxOneThings

Anyone know how to download all the MLG Gametypes and maps? MLG Gametypes friends list is full. Hoping to get some FFA and 8s going later tonight.

Send it a private chat request, not a friend request. You’ll be able to open the profile from that and view their file share. Whether you’ll be able to download them or not is a mystery because file sharing is being iffy as hell.

Was it just me who enjoyed the ODST campaign and thought it was probably better than any of the more recent games (from Reach onwards)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was it just me who enjoyed the ODST campaign and thought it was probably better than any of the more recent games (from Reach onwards)

There's at least two people who only wanted to play ODST on the Xbox One, on the same page, by the way.

I've got a free month of Gold, so I thought, "what the hell, I'll hop on the H3 bandwagon for a bit". It quickly reminded me why I got tired of it.

The gameplay has no nuance. In the majority of modes and maps, you're just charging into each other and flinging grenades around. Sure, you can try sniping, but the sightlines (or lack thereof) are generally crap. It's a dull, mechanical experience - the NFL to Halo 1's (and even Halo 2's to some degree) CFL. Heck, even Reach promotes broader tactics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally find it really funny and kinda sad that people are so excited to play the objective 3rd best Halo game with added input lag and the same horrendous netcode from 10 years ago, especially when you can already play a smoother, better looking, 1080p, 60 fps version of the game on MCC.

The only good thing for us CE/H2 fans is that hopefully all the H3 kids on MCC (which is like 80% of its population) who have been forcing everyone to play s***** gametypes like Assembly ARs will migrate over to H3 so us old school players can actually have fun again.

Wake me up after the X drops and H2 is made BC with online play.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Curious did this work for you? I was having the same issues and just renewed my subscription yesterday and removed my account as well as uninstalled the games and all map packs, then reinstalled everything and still says I do not have gold.

I think so, I removed my profile and readded it and hard resetted my xbox. It didn't work right away though Think it took like another hour after I did that and then it let me all of a sudden search for matches.

Finally got a chance to play a few. It's funny that this is the version that feels funny to me now. But this > MCC H3.

The real is back.

What's the gamertag to try and get the MLG gametypes from? Is it just MLG Gametypes?

yea "mlg gametypes" 

remember to send them a private chat, then view their profile from there to see the file share option

yea "mlg gametypes" 

remember to send them a private chat, then view their profile from there to see the file share option

Thanks for the help!

no problem yo

I've seen other guys having some issues but I ran into them myself. I went to queue up the downloads for the MLG maps and gametypes and they seem like they will just be locked in as queued for download and after a while they get an error. Is there a way around this? I could always just dust off my Xbox 360, but I've got some pretty limited physical space so I'm trying my best to not have to do that.

BC H3 has:

A real ranking system

Party restrictions

The proper gametypes

All the gametypes

The proper spawns

No nonsense reticle sliding

MCC H3 has:

Graphics

Less cheating

No Input Lag

And thats pretty much it. They fix the input lag on H3 BC and MCC has nothing in its favour gameplay wise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've seen other guys having some issues but I ran into them myself. I went to queue up the downloads for the MLG maps and gametypes and they seem like they will just be locked in as queued for download and after a while they get an error. Is there a way around this? I could always just dust off my Xbox 360, but I've got some pretty limited physical space so I'm trying my best to not have to do that.

I have the same problem. Randomly some of my friends can get the downloads so I just make sure one of them is in the lobby to play. I hope a solution is found out soon tho.

Just ran a few, the fact that I can go into ranked and

A. Know that my chances of getting Xboxkid123456 on my team are next to none

B. Play BRs 95% of the time

C. Not have to deal with Parties of Four while I'm searching solo

Makes this better than MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1