Sign in to follow this  
MetaNigh7

Martin/Zimmerman Trial/Verdict/Aftermath

Also laughing that you and your friend, or maybe your second account literally spammed the rep button on every post, lol.

I don't care, rep doesn't really bother me.

*le sigh*

I neg repped because you tried to pass on a slick little insult.

I said he was charged with those felonies because he WAS charged with them, until he LATER got them reduced.Source

Maybe I should have clarified that in fairness to Zimmerman.

hahahaha.  He was 20 when he was "charged" with his "felony".  Since you used it, he was young and dumb.

hahahaha.  He was 20 when he was "charged" with his "felony".  Since you used it, he was young and dumb.

Wait, what?

Since I used what?

Also laughing that you and your friend, or maybe your second account literally spammed the rep button on every post, lol.

I don't care, rep doesn't really bother me.

If it doesn't bother you, you wouldn't have neg repped or even bothered to mention it.  Had my brother do it and he gladly did it after reading your posts.  Glad you appreciate it.

If it doesn't bother you, you wouldn't have neg repped or even bothered to mention it.  Had my brother do it and he gladly did it after reading your posts.  Glad you appreciate it.

yeah, can't take you seriously any more, lol. 

Done talking to you.

Weirdo

One, I have not found ANY reports of Martin being disciplined at school due to violence. 

We was suspended for having a baggie that contained marijuana residue(and please don't even attempt to make an argument that people that smoke are typically criminal), possessing a screwdriver w/female jewelry in his backpack(never proven stolen, he claimed they were a friends), and writing "W.T.F" on a locker, which is considered graffiti.

These are all school offenses, Zimmerman on the other hand has a CRIMINAL background and has been fired from a security job for being overly aggressive.

Like honestly...it's not even comparable. Zimmerman also got these charges as AN ADULT. I won't go into a soliloquy about how many people are just screw ups in high school and grew out of it, but Zimmerman was an adult with a criminal background and Martin was the teenager without a criminal background. Fact.

Zimmerman was two years out of high school.  Hardly out of the experimenting age.

yeah, can't take you seriously any more, lol. 

Done talking to you.

Weirdo

Yeah I would give up against someone shutting down all your terrible arguments.

The guy in the right stayed a free man.  /thread.

Don't care who you are, if you're just walking around your neighborhood and some stranger who can't identify himself as someone with authoritative power(as neighborhood watch is not an authoritative position), at night, in the rain for WHATEVER reason them want to just spew out to justify grabbing you, you're going to fight back. As a teenager you know strange adults are not suppose to touch you when you're doing nothing wrong. I'm sorry, but if someone I don't know tried to grab or hold me down for just walking around, I'd swing. I don't know this individual, he's not a cop, and he's been following me at night and has now grabbed me. No.

Once again, that is HER speculation and should not be taken as a fact, but I thought rebuttal that point in particular.

Based on that statement, that would further back up my manslaughter decision. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, as his past activities(ride alongs, classes, training, self appointed neighborhood watch captain) would prove so. He was overzealous and overstepped his bounds and disregarded 911 operators advice(which should count for SOMETHING when someone dies had they listened him). It is not clear that Zimmerman intended to kill Trayvon, but he did. He knew he was no in the physical condition to apprehend someone, but he knew he had a gun when he approached Trayvon which gave him the upper hand. 

With all that being said, the adult must bear some ownership and responsibility for the things that transpired due to his own actions. We can easily say, had Trayvon kept walking, he'd still be alive but we can also say had Zimmerman stayed in his truck and LISTENED to the operator, Martin would still be alive.

Zimmerman did not invoke the Stand Your Ground defense, instead he withheld self-defense. My point is, you right to claim self-defense is waived when you pursue a kid, at night,disregard 911 advice, knowing YOU CANNOT FIGHT, but you have a firearm. You see what I'm getting at? Zimmerman was out overstepping his bounds COMPLETELY. All the statements above Martin being the aggressor in my opinion are null and void because we KNOW for a FACT that Zimmerman FOLLOWED HIM. No disputes on that AT ALL. Just because Zimmerman has injuries, doesn't mean he was the innocent victim that got ambushed or whatever. Based on his past(domestic violence and resisting) as well as his over zealousness to be someone of authority(self appointed watch captain) it is VERY possible and probably MORE likely that Zimmerman did in fact initiate that confrontation but due o his inability to fight(as testified by his MMA trainer who basically said he's a pussy), he started getting his ass whooped by Trayvon and then shot him. Bam. Manslaughter

Thumbs up if you think I'd make a great lawyer  :P

Also remember this, NO TOXICOLOGY was done on Zimmerman that night of the shooting (but for some reason they did a toxicology on the victim) and according to this statement from his friend, he liked to drink (he was also overly aggressive, which led to his firing as a security officer Source.

If actual protocol had been followed, there's a reasonable chance we would have found alcohol in his system on the day of the shooting.

The fact that he wasn't arrested then is really the only reason this story became headline news to begin with. 

Race Card: Had Zimmerman shot a white kid, or had a black man shot a white kid, they'd be arrested on the spot. There's no argument. Some of you will try to bring up O.J Simpson, but he was arrested and charged...he just wasn't convicted....and yes, I think he did it.

Arguable, but Medical examiners opinion on Zimmerman's injuries

I agree with your rebuttal, I just found Rachel's comment a bit out of the ordinary since I don't believe that part even came up in her testimony.  So who knows, we all still don't exactly what happened that night.  

The thing is though, their is no evidence that supports Zimmerman wanted a confrontation with Trayvon because he knew he had the upper hand having a gun on his person.  If he knew he was going to confront someone taller than him and wanted to get into an altercation, I am sure he would have had his hand on his gun ready to shoot.  If this ended with no injuries to Zimmerman and no evidence that Trayvon punched him, I would have guessed Zimmerman confronted Trayvon with an intent to kill while holding his gun.  I wouldn't have found Zimmerman not-guilty is that was the situation.

Does Trayvon have any physical injuries to his face or does Zimmerman have any injuries to his knuckles?  Because you are unable to state that Zimmerman threw a punch, or the first punch, if the evidence doesn't show it.

It is law to always do a toxicology on a victim who is killed (suicide, overdose or murder).  The only exception is if the death happened in a hospital setting.  And actual protocol was followed... Zimmerman dealt with multiple officers that night and then two detectives, their was no sign of him drinking and no evidence of it showing that it was not in self-defense.  To do a toxicology test, you have to have reason.  You cannot just order a toxicology test on anyone living, but it is mandatory on anyone killed.

And please don't play the reverse race roles, since it is really difficult to say on what would happen in this situation if that was the case.  

So he used the gun to protect himself for a fight he initiated by following the kid after the dispatcher told him not to. Okay, got it.

Following only initiates following... If the person responds to another person's following with violence, then that person is initiating the violence.  

...oh boy

Whether or not Zimmerman should have been found guilty is something I've already spoken about and can agree to disagree with those who think the verdict was right based on the lack of evidence to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt as well as the ineptitude of the state prosecutor.

However, saying that Zimmerman should not have even been arrested or investigated is outrageous. I'm sorry, but once again for the 37th time I'm going to reiterate this point again. Zimmerman, the adult(with a past of being overly aggressive and liking to drink), followed/stalked/pursued Trayvon Martin, the kid who had done nothing wrong and had every right to WALK DOWN THE GODDAMN STREET in his fathers neighborhood. Zimmerman...the ADULT, shot and killed the UNARMED MARTIN and his defense was that he was in fear of great bodily harm and/or death, but had INSIGNIFICANT INJURIES as described by a PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL examiner.

You don't think there should at the very LEAST be an investigation of why this grown man, followed and shot this unarmed kid who had been doing nothing in his own neighborhood? Seriously....seriously? I really need to know if you're serious about that one.

You got a dead body, no witnesses and you're suppose to just believe this man at his word? Not even do a toxicology on him even though that is standard protocol.

Jesus Christ

You need to pay a visit to your local police detective's office.  Zimmerman was investigated, he was investigate by the multiple cops at the scene and questioned by the lead detective.  The lead detective even lied to Zimmerman to try and see if Zimmerman was lying or had any holes in his story.  

You really need to take a step back and think about the case man.  The way you comment show to me you are emotionally responding and keep ignoring the facts of the case.  Insignificant injuries? Insignificant as in stopping the act of his skull being cracked.  That is the whole point, that Zimmerman responded in self-defense.  Zimmerman saw his head being bashed on concrete and since he doesn't want a skull cracked he shot Trayvon.  What would you like to see on Zimmerman? A cracked skull? A cracked skull could have killed Zimmerman or introduced memory or function loss.  That was what Zimmerman was trying to prevent on happening by shooting Trayvon.

You also keep quoting standard protocol like you have a clue on what Sanford Police Department's standard protocol is.  It is not standard protocol to do a toxicology test on someone who does not seem suspicious.  If Zimmerman showed signs of being irregular or intoxicated with alcohol or drugs, there would have one done.

Also Zimmerman's injuries from "getting his head slammed into concrete over and over again" by Trayvon were two scratches and a bloody (not broken nose)...

Not exactly sure how those injuries match up with that description of the violence by Zimmerman. Also the police told Zimmerman to stand down. He approached and harassed Trayvon anyways. Not sure how that isn't him initiating conflict...

The "innocent man" was told to stand down by the police after he called in...

The race card is there irrelevant of how many whites have been attacked by blacks... Are you trying to seriously say that because african americans have attacked whites that the race card should not be pulled... Ignorance at its finest.

Yeah the white man has really been held down by all the hate crimes and slavery and police brutality of the African American. OH WAIT!

Liberal media may be biased but it's much less biased than the Faux news you've been watching...

Scratches? Lol I never knew scratches bled so much... And that is not even the point.  The point was that his injuries on his head match with his head being slammed into concrete.  Whether how serious those injuries are is irrelevant, all that matters was that his head was being smashed in concrete.

No Police Officer told Zimmerman to stand down, fix your comment.

It is 2013, reparations are not valid in America anymore for the African-American community.  You can continue living like if the white man owes you something, but they owe you nothing.  The only ones owing anyone anything, are the slave owners to the slaves.

MSNBC is as biased as Fox News is.  Even Chris Hayes made a comment about needing to fill a cap of mexican guests on the panel for his show.  And let us not get into Rachel Maddow.

What you two fools need to be watching is RT America.

"Di Maio testified that he did not take into account several witnesses who said Zimmerman was the aggressor in the struggle. He also said, when pressed, that Zimmerman's injuries could have been caused by rolling around on concrete with Trayvon."

They're not sure if Trayvon was trying to GET AWAY from Zimmerman when he died.

Him saying that because African Americans have attacked Caucasians makes it so this isn't a race issue. (Zimmerman was Hispanic, doesn't negate it being arace issue but just clarification) Because of other attacks by TRAYVON'S RACE in the past this should not be viewed as a race issue. Not sure how that can  be viewed as a good point?

No one saw the beginning of the struggle, so there are no witnesses to see who threw the first physical hit onto the other.

There are White, Black and Hispanic racists.  The issue is that the African-American community threw up the race card before even knowing the facts of the case and Zimmerman.  Al Sharpton had no knowledge of the case when he started his rant.  And they all ignored that Zimmerman actually helped out a lot of young black children in tutoring at his house and helped a black homeless man who got beat up by a white cop's son.

But yet I don't see you accuse of Blacks possibly being racist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No proof of Trayvon having a gun. Irrelevant. Could have been a friend he looked up to because of how "Tough" or "popular" he was and wanted to fit in. We don't know the story and never will because he was shot. And a fight in school is also irrelevant.

A dispatcher saying not to pursue is not a police order no but it's still a voice of authority telling him not to do it.

if we can't look at Zimmerman's past how are we looking at text messages and a suspension for a fight (especially considering there was no context of it mentioned..)

What was suspicious about him walking in a neighborhood with a hoodie on? I guarantee you I could walk as slow as I want in a neighborhood without being harassed like that irrelevant of how many robberies there had been in the past month. Could we say he I don't know... RACIALLY PROFILED and harassed him for that reason?

It doesn't matter, disobeying an "opinion" from a CIVILIAN dispatcher means nothing.  It is America, you have the right to disobey what civilians tell you.

What was suspicious? Normally you only see a couple of people walking through the rain.  People who run, for some reason they love running in the rain! I guess it cools them down.  People with umbrellas.  People running to shelter (this can be a bus stop with a enclosure, etc.).  Normally, you do not see someone walking in the rain at night with only a hoody on... walking slowly and looking around.  And it was hinted at by Zimmerman in the detective interview that Trayvon was also walking on people's grass.

That is why Zimmerman saw Trayvon suspicious.

lol, I I read of all of his counts and how he had to take steps to get them brought down and including his alcohol class to get his domestic violence charge waived.

So yeah...I do feel pretty informed.

You find me Martins criminal background or even the school reprimanding him for violence, then I will gladly say I failed to do my research

His school records/grades were sealed by Martin's Lawyers, and because he is legally a minor (17). And to further not show who Trayvon actually was, the Prosecutor's brought none of Trayvon's friends to testify for him other than Rachel.  But the defense did bring Zimmerman's friends to testify on who Zimmerman was. 

Yeah I would give up against someone shutting down all your terrible arguments.

The guy in the right stayed a free man.  /thread.

They are fighting with emotions.  Normally, only females do that... But for some reason these two are ignoring facts and evidence and keep bringing up ridiculous statements.  They should call MSNBC, they'd hire them as political analysts in a heartbeat. 

I don't watch MSNBC or FOX. I find them both reprehensible and highly biased. I believed research centers have found that people who watch FOX are less informed than people who do not watch the news and a PEW research study found at FOX reports more factual stories than MSNBC. They both suck. We can all agree on that.

As for me calling blacks racist, or any minority racist, I do it when I see it. Racism exist in all racists.

Not sure where the reparations comment came from, I probably missed something while reading all of this, but that is another topic of debate. Heard my history professor discuss that once last semester.

As far as the toxicology goes, I could be mistaken on whether or not its protocol in the state of Florida on a case like that. I'd assume all states have a requirement for defendants to offer up a toxicology of some sorts if they have committed manslaughter while driving a vehicle in case of DUI, so I could have possibly pushed that theory, into the Zimmerman case.

As far as emotions go, I do feel emotional on this topic and I have tried to not let that cloud my judgment and be unreasonable. Like I have stated early on, I find it reasonable that the jury reached a not guilty verdict based on the lack of evidence. I disagree with the verdict, but you won't find me rioting, protesting, or trying to press civil rights charges on the man. However, being that this happened in my state, in the neighboring city I am concerned about the possible legal precedent this may have, which is why I wanted to discuss it further. I'd like to assume that I haven't bashed or attacked anyone in this thread, but merely debated opposing interpretations of the things we know had happened and our own speculation of what might have happened.

You can imagine being black and hearing about this story where you find out that the altercation was all caused because Martin looked suspicious walking through his fathers neighborhood. That is where the emotion kicks in. I think we can all come to a reasonable conclusion if had Martin not looked suspicious walking around, the confrontation never would have happened. The thing is...how was he looking suspicious to begin with? You said he hinted to law enforcement that he walked on neighbors grass? Please source that for me, because I haven't seen it(honestly, I really haven't). I don't see how you [/i]hint that someone was walking on others grass. I'd assume its pretty straight forward. He either saw him walk on their grass or he didn't. As to walking or looking around in the rain...its raining and he's walking? Are you suppose to just look at the grown? Once again, I live here in FL and after countless of rainy Summer's and being bombarded with hurricanes, you eventually get used to it and just say "fuck it" and walk. You're getting wet either way. 

Basically, I'm not sure how to walk the street without arousing suspicion. Can't run, can't walk apparently. Maybe I'll just power walk to class from now on.

That's probably where the emotion from the African American community comes from. It all started because he looked suspicious walking down the street.

Now, for me, I never really believed in carrying around a gun. Never really been in too many life threatening situations to really warrant one.

Been in a couple of fights growing up, and I always thought bringing a weapon was just being a punk.

Love this quote

That's just my opinion. If you live in some hostile environment, you might need a gun, idk. Haven't had that type of life experience.

With that being said, we could try to keep the insults to a minimum. It's a debate. Barkley is 100% right where about the ignorance thing. I've seen my Facebook wall become absolutely mangled by racist statements from both sides of the fence

I don't watch MSNBC or FOX. I find them both reprehensible and highly biased. I believed research centers have found that people who watch FOX are less informed than people who do not watch the news and a PEW research study found at FOX reports more factual stories than MSNBC. They both suck. We can all agree on that.

As for me calling blacks racist, or any minority racist, I do it when I see it. Racism exist in all racists.

Not sure where the reparations comment came from, I probably missed something while reading all of this, but that is another topic of debate. Heard my history professor discuss that once last semester.

As far as the toxicology goes, I could be mistaken on whether or not its protocol in the state of Florida on a case like that. I'd assume all states have a requirement for defendants to offer up a toxicology of some sorts if they have committed manslaughter while driving a vehicle in case of DUI, so I could have possibly pushed that theory, into the Zimmerman case.

As far as emotions go, I do feel emotional on this topic and I have tried to not let that cloud my judgment and be unreasonable. Like I have stated early on, I find it reasonable that the jury reached a not guilty verdict based on the lack of evidence. I disagree with the verdict, but you won't find me rioting, protesting, or trying to press civil rights charges on the man. However, being that this happened in my state, in the neighboring city I am concerned about the possible legal precedent this may have, which is why I wanted to discuss it further. I'd like to assume that I haven't bashed or attacked anyone in this thread, but merely debated opposing interpretations of the things we know had happened and our own speculation of what might have happened.

You can imagine being black and hearing about this story where you find out that the altercation was all caused because Martin looked suspicious walking through his fathers neighborhood. That is where the emotion kicks in. I think we can all come to a reasonable conclusion if had Martin not looked suspicious walking around, the confrontation never would have happened. The thing is...how was he looking suspicious to begin with? You said he hinted to law enforcement that he walked on neighbors grass? Please source that for me, because I haven't seen it(honestly, I really haven't). I don't see how you [/i]hint that someone was walking on others grass. I'd assume its pretty straight forward. He either saw him walk on their grass or he didn't. As to walking or looking around in the rain...its raining and he's walking? Are you suppose to just look at the grown? Once again, I live here in FL and after countless of rainy Summer's and being bombarded with hurricanes, you eventually get used to it and just say "fuck it" and walk. You're getting wet either way. 

Basically, I'm not sure how to walk the street without arousing suspicion. Can't run, can't walk apparently. Maybe I'll just power walk to class from now on.

That's probably where the emotion from the African American community comes from. It all started because he looked suspicious walking down the street.

Now, for me, I never really believed in carrying around a gun. Never really been in too many life threatening situations to really warrant one.

Been in a couple of fights growing up, and I always thought bringing a weapon was just being a punk.

Love this quote

That's just my opinion. If you live in some hostile environment, you might need a gun, idk. Haven't had that type of life experience.

With that being said, we could try to keep the insults to a minimum. It's a debate. Barkley is 100% right where about the ignorance thing. I've seen my Facebook wall become absolutely mangled by racist statements from both sides of the fence

The bold is the part you aren't able to see from the other side. Sometimes, looking suspicious isn't avoidable. I walk around at night all the time, sometimes when it's raining, and I get stopped a lot, but I'm a really skinny white dude, but you can't always tell because I'm also wearing a hoodie a lot of the time. But I don't attack the person... I know Zim didn't approach with his gun drawn. I highly highly doubt Trayvon even knew he had it. In my mind, and with all the evidence provided and my own common sense this is what happened: Zim ignored the dispatcher, followed(not stalked) Trayvon so he didn't lose sight of him. Trayvon noticed, kept walking, and was rightfully paranoid, he just handled it wrong. If it was me, I would've stopped walking, and talked to Zim. Instead he attacked him(which implies he didn't know he had a gun on him). He hit him, brought him to the ground and hit his head into the concrete. At this point ZIm is scared for his life and reached for his gun and shoots Trayvon. 

Love this quote

For the Trayvon walking on grass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sxARNq_c  (minute 02:30)

The reparations comment was directed to The philbs.

As for the race issue, it is a tough one man.  You as a African-American and me as a Mexican, I am certain we both have dealt with different and various amounts of racism from other races, even from our own race.  That shit is just real life and I agree with you that it sucks.  Each race has to tell their own children on how to act differently as they grow, and it is very unfortunate that we have to.  I would hope that racism and prejudice within America would be non-existant, but that will never be the case as long as we are all different colors.  Even White people get there own dose of racism, it is just the unfortunate reality of life here.

On the gun topic, I agree that guns are just for punks.  But I also believe never bring a knife to a gun fight.  Personally, I have my FOID card but I haven't seen a need to carry a gun.. it would just be another thing to worry about for me.. like what if it goes off accidentally and so on.  Wether that will be my mindset in 5 years, I don't know.  Just tonight I felt threatened going back to an old neighborhood that is about 90% hispanic.  My dumbass parked my moto thinking it'd be safe in the street and I went in to get some food, I was going for like 5-10 minutes.  I come out and my moto is on the ground.  Immediately I see about 5 hispanic "gangbanger" types and I literally say oh shit in my head.  They started to play dumb saying some van came by and shit, so I let them play dumb.  Luckily the fall just caused a small dent in the gas tank.

If I had a gun on me tonight, I know I wouldn't be an idiot and fling it out like a cop (not everyone thinks like that).  But I would have known if they were to approach me to take the keys or to jump me, I would have at least something to fight against 5 of them.

But I don't know.

I think Mark O'Mara was correct in saying that racism in America is a real issue and needs to be discussed, but it has nothing to do with the Zimmerman case.  I know you may disagree with me on that, but that is just were we will have to agree on disagreeing.

But yes, racism is a big issue and it will never not be an issue in human life... unless we all turn the same color one day!

I get profiled for being Hawaiian.  It's the same here with asians/whites vs polynesians.  I'm not a small guy and when I walk around the neighborhood I've had people out walking their dogs or out just walking, see me and cross the street.  Doesn't bother me so much.  At least I don't have to walk around them and their stupid lap dog.  When I was first dating my now wife we were at some party for her friends whom I hadn't met before and everyone there was white military.  I kept getting weird looks the whole night.  After becoming good friends with one of them I found it was because the first night they met me they thought the night would end with me pounding one of them out.  Why?  Simply because I'm Hawaiian.  Also get profiled because I don't talk like a local and speak good english compared to mokes(hawaii version of rednecks).  Most locals know I'm some type of polynesian but don't think I'm from here when they hear me talk.  I've even been asked in job interviews if I'm from here and when I said yes they would always say "you speak well". I've been followed around by security in various places, most recently at Walmart when I went late at night.  Doesn't bother me really, I just laugh because I know I make way more money than them and I don't have to steal a damn thing.  Also the fact that they're middle aged men working security is quite hilarious to me. Keep in mind, although these things have happened I'm not saying I know what it would be like to be a black person on the mainland.  Hawaii's ethnic majority is asian just FYI.  My high school was probably 95% asian or part asian.

On the topic of guns, I don't carry one largely because Honolulu is the safest big city in America.  The gun laws here are strict and there is no open carry or ccw.  If you have a gun with you, it needs to be in a case not on your person unless you're at a range.  There isn't a whole lot of gun violence here at all.  However, a lot of people here have been buying guns lately and gun violence is on the rise.

Wife is from NJ and said that in the mainland I would be considered some kind of hispanic or if I grow my hair out, a jew.

BTW Hawaii has a similar trial going on now where a white guy shot a local.  The white guy was actually from Diplomatic Security and was in town due to APEC.  However, in that case I think the white guy should go to jail for murder.  Not due to race.  Due to him being drunk at the time and wasn't even supposed to have his gun and security footage showing him throw the first kick even though he claimed self defense.

In my opinion, he should've been at least charged with manslaughter..I'm not on either side, but regardless someone lost their life..The world will never really know what happened that night.

I guess in some people's minds they only can imagine stalking as doing it for multiple days. You can stalk someone in less than 5 minutes. Get a dictionary. Also he was being followed. IN THE DARK. AND SAW A MAN WITH A GUN. WITHOUT. A. BADGE.

Now I'm guessing in a lot of howdy doody neighborhoods you are imagining that is perfectly okay, but in the area trayvon grew up that is not something to fuck around with... Of course he's going to react.

Someone explain to me how if the liberal media was LARGELY the reason for Zimmerman's arrest and not the fact he shot a 17 year old for walking in a neighborhood?

Simple.

In the aftermath of the shooting (2-5 days after), police investigated, as is their job. They found that it was self-defense, so they did not charge Zimmerman with anything.

Of course, with the liberal media covering this "local crime story" (and not the 61 black v. black murders in Chicago during the time Martin was shot to Zimmerman's acquittal, or the little baby shot in the damn face by a black teenager, etc.) furiously under the belief that Zimmerman was white heard about this, they could not let that stand.

You had protests and marches, you had Rev. Al "Resist We Much" Sharpton come down and stir up his special brand of bullshit, hell, you even had the New Black Panthers put out a fucking death warrant (something they certainly don't have the power to do) on Zimmerman. Eventually, the FL government appointed Angela Corey (the DA who also presided over the Marissa Alexander case, and got that horrendously wrong too), who immediately charged Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder.

Does that answer your question?

Simple.

In the aftermath of the shooting (2-5 days after), police investigated, as is their job. They found that it was self-defense, so they did not charge Zimmerman with anything.p

Of course, with the liberal media covering this "local crime story" (and not the 61 black v. black murders in Chicago during the time Martin was shot to Zimmerman's acquittal, or the little baby shot in the damn face by a black teenager, etc.) furiously under the belief that Zimmerman was white heard about this, they could not let that stand.

You had protests and marches, you had Rev. Al "Resist We Much" Sharpton come down and stir up his special brand of bullshit, hell, you even had the New Black Panthers put out a fucking death warrant (something they certainly don't have the power to do) on Zimmerman. Eventually, the FL government appointed Angela Corey (the DA who also presided over the Marissa Alexander case, and got that horrendously wrong too), who immediately charged Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder.

Does that answer your question?

I'm sure the philbs is r*tarded don't waste your time. I doubt he even knows what the liberal media is, just some buzzwords he likes to throw around to act like he knows what he's talking about.

Yes tell about the liberal media please. I have no idea what it is and you seem so much more intelligent!

Goodness me, you seem to believe that spurting insults in a semi-sarcastic manner is somehow an intelligent rebuttal.

Goodness me, you seem to believe that spurting insults in a semi-sarcastic manner is somehow an intelligent rebuttal.

So is calling someone r*tarded who has a differing opinion in a debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afW-jdF2xlM

Trayvon supporters continue twisting the facts...

Charles never said Trayvon pulled the trigger.

Charles never played for Harvard or went to Harvard, he went to a public university

And why is it that this guy wants to attack Charles and other Black people who have come great success?  He keeps stating that they are reeking the benefits of previous Black people... But that is true for the whole human race.  I am currently reeking the benefits of being able to breathe because the Spaniards decided to rape the Mayans and my people were the result from that.

Once again, the loudest people from these protests are speaking complete ignorance.  Never knock a fellow man down because he succeeded in his career, you should congratulate him for being able to go so far.