CyReN

Halo 4 No Sprint Discussion

If the actual thrust was smaller maybe, so that it is used more as a CQC/strafing tool which is what we first thought it would be, until top level players used the thrust to escape.

was that with sprint though? Some liked the TP distance with 120 move/no sprint. Personal preference I guess.

If it is at all controversial, then forget about TP starts. It was just I way I though again that you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Eliminate PODs and make jumps possible. Maybe the better solution would be to simple have TP on the maps that require that extra boost.

Did you forget that bungie made Reach?  That started this whole mess.

goddamn this thread exploded  

jesus-eating-popcorn-gif.gif

To be honest I think they used Reach as a test platform for Destiny. Destiny was already in development so with bungie all ready to drop the responsibility for making future Halos why not throw out different ideas (good or bad doesn't matter that was the point to test) so that they could see real world reactions to said changes. I not trying to defend Bungie I just have a feeling thats why Reach turned out soo different.

Edit: I'm thinking of getting up early and attending to some of my "To Do" list pretty early on rather than leave it all until the evening. So if anyone seeing this will be online today around 2pm EST and is interested in my "NS" variant, let's get a lobby going. I'll just use v4 maps, Orion and aPK's Sanctuary. Fuck Adrift, Dispatch and Station 9.

I'll be on for some NS. GT: thealm0ndkiller

As for thruster packs, I think a thruster pack with slightly nerfed range would be good. Perhaps it's possible to do a workaround (when thrust button is hit, first set movement speed to 100, then thrust, then set movement speed back to 120)?

I'll be on for some NS. GT: thealm0ndkiller

As for thruster packs, I think a thruster pack with slightly nerfed range would be good. Perhaps it's possible to do a workaround (when thrust button is hit, first set movement speed to 100, then thrust, then set movement speed back to 120)?

hmmm, very creative idea for TP.

With 120 move, range really seems to be the only concern with having it for starts. I don't thing recharge, duration etc would be an issue if you could nerf the range slightly.

Regardless, personally I think TP can add a lot of interesting dynamics to gameplay, so it would be interesting to play around with. Even if it meant increasing charge time a few seconds so it can't be abused if range can't be nerfed.

I still like the idea of Thruster Pack as a starting ability with NS 120 speed.  Perhaps my mind would be changed after playing it and watching top AGL players use it, but I love that AA.  And I also love the idea of having other AAs on the map as pickups.  Someone mentioned Promethean Vision, I never thought I'd say it but I'd love the idea of people fighting over it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree. Of all the AAs, Promethian vision would make the most sense as a power up especially without radar. The only potential issue could be there would be no limit with it. Rockets for example have limited ammo, and OS has a limited life span. But PV could be potentially unbalanced since it only goes away once the player dies. Along the same lines, I think you can also mod one of the power ups to be a radar powerup. Ie Change Damage boost to be just radar or PV. So the player gets radar or PV for only 45 seconds. They did a similar thing with modding Speed boost to be classic Camo.

Would be cool to test none the less.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm online now if anyone wants to try those NS settings, or just regular NS.

GT - Katastrophe

Damn I must have just missed you. Is there anyone else running no sprint customs right now?

I agree. Of all the AAs, Promethian vision would make the most sense as a power up especially without radar. The only potential issue could be there would be no limit with it. Rockets for example have limited ammo, and OS has a limited life span. But PV could be potentially unbalanced since it only goes away once the player dies. Along the same lines, I think you can also mod one of the power ups to be a radar powerup. Ie Change Damage boost to be just radar or PV. So the player gets radar or PV for only 45 seconds. They did a similar thing with modding Speed boost to be classic Camo.

Would be cool to test none the less.

Or set the recharge rate of PV to zero, set the decay rate based on whatever time you want the player to be able to use PV for, and set max count to 1 (so you can't have a second one appear that the player with PV can't pick up).

AA charge modifiers are not specific for any one ability. It's one set of modifiers to change every AA.

AA charge modifiers are not specific for any one ability. It's one set of modifiers to change every AA.

So that means if that zero charge PV thing happens, then no TP starts?

BTW what are your views on TP starts?

So that means if that zero charge PV thing happens, then no TP starts?

BTW what are your views on TP starts?

I prefer no AA start with a single AA per map that is always in play.

Just played some NS custom 2v2s. I almost thought I was playing real Halo for a second.

In all seriousness NS needs to happen. I was always a NS advocate but after playing the settings and seeing how well they play on all the existing slayer maps I will never go back.

Thanks to StrongSide Jr for the gametypes.

Recharge rate, starting energy, energy usage rate, and recharge delay.

Could TP be made to have 2 charges similar to evade? I think that'd be cool as an on map pick up again for certain maps, since it's not nearly as much movement change as evade.

Could TP be made to have 2 charges similar to evade? I think that'd be cool as an on map pick up again for certain maps, since it's not nearly as much movement change as evade.

Yes, by setting the starting energy of AAs to 200%.

I prefer no AA start with a single AA per map that is always in play.

How do you make it so that it's always in play? I thought AA timers only started counting down after the body decays?

How do you make it so that it's always in play? I thought AA timers only started counting down after the body decays?

Of course that is an issue, but setting it to instantly spawn after the body dies makes it so the AA is at least predictable.

Thruster Pack starts without sprint... it's one of those things that like, you want it to be a thing but then when you really think about it, you see so many ways it can be abused. Like Oddball throwing. A remember a lot of people were like "Oh, that's cool, it can really change the whole meta of Od--- and it broke it."

As far as "no sprint" in general goes, almost every custom game lobby I get invited to is playing no sprint customs. It's so funny that this was around back in like, December, but is just now really taking off. Obviously, Ghost's hands are tied when it comes to no sprint - as much as we, even he, all wants no sprint to be a thing... the decision is 100% up to 343.

This said, I'm scheming and talking to people. For now, if you're interested in playing no sprint customs, please send a friend request to the gamertag "NS HaloGames". I think I created this back in early H4 and I actually held on to it. Hopefully we all can use this as an easy way to find more people who are down to play no sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This said, I'm scheming and talking to people. For now, if you're interested in playing no sprint customs, please send a friend request to the gamertag "NS HaloGames". I think I created this back in early H4 and I actually held on to it. Hopefully we all can use this as an easy way to find more people who are down to play no sprint.

Chef found a way to use a waypoint link for files without them actually being hosted on a FS. I'l dig out the way to do it later.

Chef found a way to use a waypoint link for files without them actually being hosted on a FS. I'l dig out the way to do it later.

I wonder if this would be considered a good enough way to the gts to be sent out in order for them to be offically tested.

As far as "no sprint" in general goes, almost every custom game lobby I get invited to is playing no sprint customs. It's so funny that this was around back in like, December, but is just now really taking off. 

I know right. We had no sprint before I even left, and I was gone for around half a year.