CyReN

Halo 4 No Sprint Discussion

I've got the official settings

The settings are called:

"V4 EXTRACTION NO SPRINT 120"

"V4 TEAM SLAYER NO SPRINT 120"

Etc...

I wouldn't trust any other gametypes because they could have broken timers, player sizes, or 125 sprint which Ghost said feels ice skatey

tumblr_m6axgxYPry1robh3ho1_250.gif

GT - Katastrophe

I finally got a chance to a good amount of No Sprint customs with some good players.

No Sprint for v5 or else  :apk:

or else... No countdown remake?  :kappa:

What's the problem with slightly adjusting player size? Have you seen the strafe in mini slayer?

Doesn't feel natural. No way ghost or Quinn would implement

• Downvote (-1) 1

The settings are called:

Etc...

I wouldn't trust any other gametypes because they could have broken timers, player sizes, or 125 sprint which Ghost said feels ice skatey

What was wrong with the Camel Modz?

Yup

I was hoping you were going to elaborate a bit because "doesn't feel natural" is extremely vague and I can't understand how someone could be opposed to having a more effective strafe.

I do however like the idea of AAs. In competitive Halo though, they should be treated somewhat like powerweapons, kind of like in reach, but it's whatever.

I hate AA's for the fact that they use the same button for switching grenades. I go to change to a frag, drop a Hologram on my head then throw a really ambitious Pulse Grenade across the map. Sigh..
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I was hoping you were going to elaborate a bit because "doesn't feel natural" is extremely vague and I can't understand how someone could be opposed to having a more effective strafe.

I've played the settings with 85% player model size, they were fine. Really, what I think it comes down to is muh casual alienation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate AA's for the fact that they use the same button for switching grenades. I go to change to a frag, drop a Hologram on my head then throw a really ambitious Pulse Grenade across the map. Sigh..

Every. Fucking. Time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What about AAs acquired from the map, and not Ordinance?

What about AAs acquired from the map, and not Ordinance?

Yeah they're cool. Was more about the ordnaces then :D

Played no sprint earlier. Felt like Halo again. This needs to be implemented. I can't see how the option to play no sprint legitimately is not currently possible. When ZBNS came out in Reach, I'm sure most of the community seen a hopeful future for the Halo franchise being in the hands of 343, paving a much better insight on h4. Sadly, h4's launch popularity plummeted quickly, with many features either missing or being incomplete. With developer support finally making a major impact, we need them to show their support again on a subject that could potentially revive the community and the return of Halo in h5.

Like I said, it's a matter of sprint just not meshing with the rest of Halo's mechanics.

Personally, I like AA. I don't like all of them (camo is better as a power up) but some, like Hardlight, Jetpack, etc have competitive merit as pickups. The community isn't against new things or change... they keep the game fresh. But you can't fuck with the core. Like how CoD is legitimately the same game, over and over, but they add new weapons and loadout systems and killstreaks - those keep the games fresh without drastically changing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The settings are called:

Etc...

Define "official".

343 official or beyond official :ghost: